Do you ever have that "not so fresh" feeling?

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I saw on The View today a woman (I guess she was a gynecologist or something like that) talking about mistakes women make with their vaginas. I was really surprised when she said that women don't need feminine hygiene products because the vagina is "self-cleaning" and that women should NEVER use them. So do those of you ladies here use douches and other such products? Were you always taught that women were supposed to or did you know it wasn't necessary?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
ChuckRich said:
I saw on The View today a woman (I guess she was a gynecologist or something like that) talking about mistakes women make with their vaginas. I was really surprised when she said that women don't need feminine hygeine products because the vagina is "self-cleaning" and that women should NEVER use them. So do those of you ladies here use douches and other such products? Were you always taught that women were supposed to or did you know it wasn't necessary?

I heard that douches are really bad for a vagina because they dry it out. The same thing goes for continual use of enemas.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The natural PH level of the vagina is supposed to be self regulating.

But some things can throw it out of balance. Antibiotics can encourage candida yeast infections, and there are some women who are super sensitive with reactions to latex, douches, fem hygiene products, tampons, even to semen.

There is a natural womanly vaginal scent that is healthy and is not offensive or "fishy". Sexy IMHO. However there is a huge industry (Proctor & Gamble) that depends on convincing women that the plumbing needs chemical tuneups and we fall for it. We have to unlearn the propaganda.

wonderland

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was taught that those products were unnecessary and just cause problems. Any offensive odor would be the sign of a problem.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RIght you are, Rawbone and Wonderland!

One thing I do want to say however is that women should not be shamed or embarassed if they do happen to develop one of these infections. THe mind automatically turns to this person being unclean. promiscuous, and a variety of unflattering terms. It is a PH BALANCE disturbance. Hormonal shifts, antibiotics, steroids, stress, washing toooo much, allergic reactions, perfumes, too much sugar in the diet. Un diagnosed diabetes, all of these things can set them off. Believe me, most women know if something doesnt smell right before you do! LOL! In past threads I have heard all sorts of theories as to why this occurs and most of them have not been nice. Please dont let our ignorance ruin relationships or others feelings.

Naughty

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All those hygiene products are bad
for the health of a woman's vagina.

The only thing you need is a bar of
Dove soap and a couple of fingers.
Wash inside with soapy fingers and
I assure you, you will smell sweet as
a rose.

I've been using Dove soap for quite
a number of years and it works
perfectly for me. The soap is very
gentle and doesn't dry you out or
sting delicate tissues.

hotnmpls2000@yahoo.com

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ChuckRich said:
I saw on The View today a woman (I guess she was a gynecologist or something like that) talking about mistakes women make with their vaginas. I was really surprised when she said that women don't need feminine hygiene products because the vagina is "self-cleaning" and that women should NEVER use them. So do those of you ladies here use douches and other such products? Were you always taught that women were supposed to or did you know it wasn't necessary?

Damn. And I have Tivo set to tape all show's about feminine hygine.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorcerer said:
mistakes women make with their vaginas

next on Oprah

and every girl you big guys have ever fucked is a guest on her white couch...

Ahhh. That white couch. Is it weird that I want to do a Tom Cruise and jump all over it?