Do you ever pray?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have done, will do again when desperate,
( not nice i know, but i am not nice sometimes)
usually direct to the Son, not so much the Father
seem to be getting a lil more desperate as to if praying will work, as find i am having to repeat myself heaps n heaps, before i wake up..never, sure if he heard..altho the promise is ' i will never let you down' huh?
oh well .. persevere'

If so what do you pray about or for?
ahh well........
usually when asleep..i pray for the asshole dream n nightmarish ghoulies to desist, and when they dont...luckily i awake hastyl-ish

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I pray for strength both physically and mentally. Praying helps me sort things out and get on the right path with whatever I have in front of me. Praying helps my mind and puts me in a calm place. It is sort of like meditating.

How about you?

After a hellatious last few days I'm seriously contemplating taking it up. :frown1: Can't hurt.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nope. I believe in goodness, fairness, respect, etc. But I don't believe in any form of god. I am very thankful for what I have in my life but I don't give any credit to what is in my opinion an non existant higher power. So do I pray? No.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
for me its the "Craft" (magic or spells if you like) ... and the Wiccan Rede is my guide.

trunksisba

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I used to when I was little and actually believed in God. I would pray not get hurt anymore, course my prayers never came true...so yeah. I don't pray anymore. I accept what ever happens to me.

LargeSide

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I used to when I was little and actually believed in God. I would pray not get hurt anymore, course my prayers never came true...so yeah. I don't pray anymore. I accept what ever happens to me.

I agree. I can't put the blame on anyone else for my actions or what happens.

LambHair McNeil

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
In the religious sense.

If so what do you pray about or for?

Yes, quite often.

For guidance, appreciation of good things/times, strength to get through tough situations/bad times, etc.

That probably marks me as out of touch by some folk's estimation, but the way I look at it, it's hip to be square.

D_Sal_Manilla

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't pray. i talk directly to god. No he does not answer but it really helps me put things in perspective. There are time when i even start screaming at him. I know some don't believe but there is something in my heart that tells me he is there.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, every day.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well... I agree with what Hung Jon as well as what his "responders" have mentioned. I did think the original comment in question was quite offensive... But it's true (Harold Camping, any one?), and the craziness and extremity is quite evident in many other religions.

I agree with his (Hung Jon's) comments on the Catholic Church, and church in general is becoming too much of a business. But that's more of a political than a religious debate, and that is, in fact, the problem. But whatever. I digress.

I used to pray when I was younger, but have stopped. I was raised relatively religious. Went to church most Sundays, and was pretty active. It wasn't until I got older that I got the choice whether or not I go and that is when I started going less and less. I still consider myself "Christian" in the public sense, but really I am confused/put off by organized religion.

Maybe this is just a phase, and if I grow out of it I'll post what I pray for then.
This currently describes my situation. Perfectly.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think there's a huge difference between praying (talking) to some magical being who is imaginary and perhaps meditating. I consider meditation in some traditions as a path to self-knowledge. They are almost opposite spiritual practices.

Since reading this post I have thought a wee bit about this....IF, just IF, prayers are answered, just saying, taking into account the laws of the Universe. For every good prayer that is answered, would not a negative also have to be created for balance? Just that life and the human body revolves around the positive and the negative, as much of everthing else as well. Just thinking...positive and negative thoughts to be balanced offcourse :)

On a side note. I was watching Petites posts the other night with regard to the views from space of the electrical activity in the atmosphere. Storms, and their electrical charge to the Earth. Just on a tangent here. What if these storms were a way the earth uses to recharge itself, like we recharcharge our batteries. If these electrical storms ceased to happen and no charge is put back into the earth. It has been measured one bolt of lightning harnessed, can power a city for a year or two, I don't know. Yet thousands of lightning strikes, strike the earth and are disipated in the earths crust. Earth has her own battery charger, maybe?. I wonder what would happen if these charges to the earth stopped.