Do You Ever Wonder If You Have AIDS?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by LeftHookBrutal, Oct 14, 2011.

1. LeftHookBrutal

LeftHookBrutal New Member

Just wondering. I've wondered about it in the past. I've been completely hetero and have used rubbers with vaginal intercourse when i've been with strange women, so unless i got it from gettting my dick sucked or going down on a girl i'm pretty much in the clear.

So I doubt I have it. Maybe someday I'll get tested. If I have it I'll commit suicide or something.

What about you?

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

No, if I had AIDS I'd be ill and I'd most likely know about it.

I don't worry about HIV either because I did get tested, so did my man before we had sex.

It's the only sensible thing to do.

As for your childish 'suicide' comment... what fucking age are you? 12? Don't insult the men, women and children living with HIV and AIDS with the idea that death is the only path.

Edit: Just to qualify the statement "if I had AIDS I'd be ill", I mean if I had AIDS that was undiagnosed I would most likely be experiencing symptoms.

#2 ManlyBanisters, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  3. LeftHookBrutal

Are you saying I'm not allowed to do what I want with my own body? If I get AIDS, it is my choice to commit suicide. When other people get AIDS, the choice is theirs.

4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was infected with HIV in 1984 and I'm still kicking 27 years later. You do recognize that there's a rather sizable contingent of members here who share my status, right? Or did you think this post was pissing into the wind? Or maybe this is just a case of posting while drunk?

Every responsible sexually-active adult should get a routine screen every six months or so because it's the adult, responsible thing to do. HIV is very difficult to catch but bacterial STIs aren't really as much so. Get tested regularly and you'll have few if any doubt about your status.

Saliva is not infectious, so getting a blowjob puts you at no risk for HIV (bacterial infections are another matter altogether), and if you're being truthful in your post about only ever using condoms for vaginal or anal sex, then you're protected against HIV infection via that way, too.

HIV is not a joke, and living with HIV is not for the weak-hearted. If an infection would cause you to consider suicide, then you're a very weak individual and will probably succumb sooner rather than later. Overall, that's probably a good thing: think of the money you'll be saving as opposed to spending it on health care, etc.

You'd actually be doing society a great favor, which is something I'd not oppose :cool:

#4 Bbucko, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. ChicagoWuff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I know a few people who are HIV+ and of them... One got it through rape, but the others, all got it through someone they knew and trusted and whom they knew and trusted to be HIV-. The problem is people who assume they're fine and don't get tested.

As much as it would suck to find out that you're HIV+... How much MORE would it suck to find out that you gave someone you cared about HIV? Get tested. Go to National HIV and STD Testing Resources, enter your zip code and find a free or confidential testing center near you. The rapid-test places will give you an answer in 20 minutes.

6. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Your comment was flippant. Your whole outlook appears to be flippant. You want to post about this but you don't even care enough to get screened.

It is very clear to me, and probably most others reading this, that you haven't thought through the implications of becoming HIV+ and are making a blanket statement that you'd rather be dead. It is a childish position to take and it does disrespect those actually living with HIV and/or AIDS.

Though I agree with Uncle B and would not oppose your solution.

7. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

Make a nice cup of tea :confused:

8. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    The OP's attitude and implications are both insult and affront to the courage and grace of the men and women I know living with HIV and AIDS.

9. alpinepaul

alpinepaul New Member

"If I have it I'll commit suicide or something."

why?

10. dolfette

Gold Member

childish.
    OP, you aren't grown up enough to have sex.

i've no experience of aids/hiv.
    nobody i'm close to has/had it.
    but i've had two close relatives commit suicide.
    i saw the pain it caused their children, siblings, partners and parents. pain that spread like ripples to harm a great many people.
    suicide might be justified in some situations but the ''i might have hiv and i'm too cowardly to at least give life a try'' isn't one of them.

11. Just_Roo

Just_Roo Active Member

Albums:
    Those who know me a little better will find out
    Aids is not the end of the world - perhaps the beginning for some who then look at life in a more positive light and strive to live their dreams...

12. AlphaMale

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Interesting post... to say the least (especially the part I bolded :confused:).

==

To answer your question, yeah one time I "wondered" if I might have it.

So as a result, I got tested and found out that I did not have it. Turns out, even though I was nervous it was quick and painless.

For my peace of mind, I was definitely glad I got tested.

13. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Right, cuz only teh gayz and strange women get HIV. :rolleyes:

You sir, are making light of a very serious matter, and in a manner that is rude, and bordering on derogatory, toward not only those infected with HIV, but also gay men and women in general.

Be a little more compassionate, wouldya?

14. 92philip

92philip New Member

Albums:
    I agree that some of his comments were childish, but sometimes people don't know the correct way to word things. I wish that people could say what they want and not be harassed by overly sensitive members. Yeah what he said was disrespectful, but it's his opinion and therefore it is valid. If you don't like his opinion don't read the post, or at least don't comment on it. By commenting on it you just encourage stupid posts to continue because you give them attention.

This is for you lefthookbrutal, you really shouldn't make light of suicide or even mention it in your posts. Suicide is selfish, and though it is your right to make that decision I doubt you have considered who else will be affected by your decision. For instance your family and friends would rather have you alive and HIV positive, rather than dead, trust me you bring something to the lives of your friends and to take that away from them because of an illness is very sad.

15. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

And my opinion is that his opinion is a piece of shit. Is that not valid too?

People have some fucked up opinions - should we not speak out against fucked up opinions? Should we not try to educate him that his 'opinion' and way of putting it are disrespectful, even hurtful? How else will he learn?

16. LeftHookBrutal

People who commit suicide after being diagnosed with cancer are an insult to the people living with cancer.:confused:

It is not specific to hiv/aids anyway. If I lost a limb or developed emphysema I would probably commit suicide too.

Life isn't as sacred to me as it seems to be to some of you.

17. bimetaldude

bimetaldude Member

Albums:
    No. I did wonder if I had HIV because of one night stands in the 80s. I went and had my first HIV test in 2004. It was negative. I have only used a condom once on a girl. And have swallowed a lot of loads from guys.

I have been tested 14 times since 2004. It really sets your mind at ease.

But your immature post is sure to get a lot of attention. HIV is not a death sentence anymore. Why kill yourself? If your poz then take medicine and take care of your body. People live long enriching lives with the disease.

In the meantime, if you are so curious then go get a free HIV test. I know 3 clinics in Seattle where you can get a free 20 minute HIV test. Results in 20 minutes.....

Good luck to you.

18. bimetaldude

bimetaldude Member

Albums:
    Wow. Really? I am insulted. My uncle lived for 22 years with emphysema. And my sister was a double amputee who died from lymphoma in 1970.

I suppose if you went impotent you would commit suicide as well?

Idiot.

19. LeftHookBrutal

What constitutes a fucked up opinion is a matter of opinion. I don't need to be "educated" -- AKA brainwashed -- into sharing your opinion.

All I did was state what I would do in a certain situation. My attitute toward what I do with my life might be flippant, but it is my life to be flippant with.

20. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yup :wink:

Actually, ManlyBanisters' response was pitch-perfect, as was her follow-up directed to you. You have every right in the world to be the biggest, most slobbering idiot on the planet (not saying you, personally: just everybody in general), but airing disrespectful, fetid, wrong-headed opinions deserve a counter-response.

Don't forget: for every one person who responds to threads like there, there are usually dozens of lurkers. If such flatulent dumb-fuckery goes unresponded to, then the lurkers think that it's as equally valid as someone such as myself, who has lived with the virus more than many of the lurkers have even been alive. That's not nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted