Do you ever wonder??

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You have really given me a lot of food for thought, Jeff, thank you.

I think that I didn't quite express myself the way I had intended to...it's really difficult to speak about something "out there in the sky" without having something tangible to work with.

Though, my post was interpreted as "making" soulmates as opposed to "finding" soulmates, I really think that it is a bit of both. After I realised that I had realised that I had fallen in love with my wife (we started out as friends), I also came to the conclusion that she was "the one". What I was trying to say is that sometimes we mistake the concept of finding a soulmate to be a "fireworks" experience and it really isn't...and we are so caught up looking for that fireworks moment that we a blind to what is in fact staring us in the face. Sometimes we find the "one" in the most ordinary of circumstances and it's up to us to turn it into a fireworks event.

At the same time, I believe that there really is more than one person made for us - we constantly evolve within ourselves and that needs to be taken into account. I think that we encounter more than one person that is "the one" in their own unique way, and it's up to us to develop that encounter with that particular person so that the relationship turns into one where the other is "the one" in all aspects of the relationship.

Hmmm, I've been out of Sunday School awhile but this sounds a lot like the biblical definition of a "helpmate." Which is fine because after a spiritual ski retreat a few years ago I stopped looking for "The One" . I threw out my extensive list of meaningless, vapid, criteria and opened my heart and mind to the universe. I'm still waiting anxiously, but at least I am casting my net far and wide now.

njqt, this comment is very intriguing. I'd really like for you to elaborate a little more.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Jeffy/Tom, for someone sleep deprived, you sure managed to generate an excellent thread from a philosophical question.

and I am too sleep deprived to respond. at the moment. but I am sure I will, cos 'soulmates' and unconditional love/acceptance have been on my list of hot topics for a very long time. :yawn:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I personally think that the whole "soulmates" theory is a bit overrated. I think that when you find that special someone the relationship starts out as somewhat infatuation (""falling in love", can't keep the person out of your mind etc. - yet you don't really know who you're dealing with), it then progresses into what I would like to consider "friendship" where you get to know each other on a more personal and intimate level - you confide in each other (what makes the person tick, strengths and weaknesses etc). I think it's only at this stage where the idea of being soul mates crops in. Where the bond is so great and though you see the person for who they really are (not just on the infatuation level where to some degree what you see is based on chemistry, lust etc.) yet you still can't stay away from each other. This then progresses into love, where you see each other for you really are, warts and all, you can't stay away from each other...yet at the same time there are the occasional hiccups - disagreements, misunderstandings, the faults that irritate you - yet with it comes the decision to love the person through their faults. To not only want the person to be happy, but for the person to grow into WHO they are and not HOW you would like them to be.

I think that I didn't quite express myself the way I had intended to...it's really difficult to speak about something "out there in the sky" without having something tangible to work with. Agreed!

Though, my post was interpreted as "making" soulmates as opposed to "finding" soulmates, I really think that it is a bit of both. After I realised that I had realised that I had fallen in love with my wife (we started out as friends), I also came to the conclusion that she was "the one". What I was trying to say is that sometimes we mistake the concept of finding a soulmate to be a "fireworks" experience and it really isn't...and we are so caught up looking for that fireworks moment that we a blind to what is in fact staring us in the face. Sometimes we find the "one" in the most ordinary of circumstances and it's up to us to turn it into a fireworks event.

At the same time, I believe that there really is more than one person made for us - we constantly evolve within ourselves and that needs to be taken into account. I think that we encounter more than one person that is "the one" in their own unique way, and it's up to us to develop that encounter with that particular person so that the relationship turns into one where the other is "the one" in all aspects of the relationship.
Hmmm, I've been out of Sunday School awhile but this sounds a lot like the biblical definition of a "helpmate." Which is fine because after a spiritual ski retreat a few years ago I stopped looking for "The One" . I threw out my extensive list of meaningless, vapid, criteria and opened my heart and mind to the universe. I'm still waiting anxiously, but at least I am casting my net far and wide now.
njqt, this comment is very intriguing. I'd really like for you to elaborate a little more.
Like many women over the age of 18 I had a secret list of criteria a man had to meet in order for me to even look at him. I admit in retrospect that it was a superficial list based primarily on the physical and financial things the media often portrays as important.

Don't get me wrong I still have a list of criteria for a man; but it focuses more on his character and personality. Not what he drives or where he works.
There was a time when I wouldn't even look at a man under 6' tall. Not because I didn't see shorter men who were attractive; but because I have always been uncomfortable with my own leggy 5'8" frame. :redface:
Around the same time I realized that I had spent so much time focusing on my career that I had literally not left time or room for anybody else. It's kind of hard to meet the right man if you spend 10-14 hours a day at work. I re-arranged my life so that I would have time to do the things I used to enjoy, such as skiing, swimming; rollerblading. I even took up a kickboxing class at the YMCA. I also tried speed dating, (That was a colossal waste of time!) but at least I put myself out there and made the effort.

2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.​

2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.​

2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.​

2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;​

2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.​

2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.​

2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.​

2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.​

Genesis 2:18

Perhaps verse 18 could be rephrased as, "It is not good that man be independent." Our God establishes principles and patterns in His Word from which we can extract wisdom, the practical application of truth. Some of the most basic and fundamental patterns for His purpose are established very early in Genesis.​

What is He showing here? That, in relation to God's purpose, the most and the best will not be produced in us if we are alone. If we are independent, we remove ourselves from the circumstances that will produce the most toward His purpose. In this specific context, God is not commanding everyone to marry, but He is clearly showing that marriage is better than remaining single. I agree wholeheartedly!

Everyone understands from his own experiences that the more people who comprise a unit or community, the greater the number and intensity of problems. This occurs largely because our carnality drives us to compete rather than cooperate. Sometimes a person desires so strongly to be independent of this kind of community relationship that he separates himself in order to be completely free from the suspicions, distrust, offenses, and other hardships that occur within a group. To put it another way, it is very similar to a soldier running away from the battlefield to protect himself.​

In its rawest form, it is selfishness and self-interest. It can be a self-serving avoidance of being useful, of contributing steadfast strength and encouragement, of being a right example to others or of being found wrong and corrected. If nothing else, we are detaching ourselves from the unit to which God intends we show allegiance and give service.​

John W. Ritenbaugh

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm putting myself out there to try to meet people too. I have trouble with the whole contrived dating thing like speed dating, for the same reason I have trouble with parties. WAY too shy. I have an easier time if I'm with a group of people hiking, playing volleyball or softball, tubing, canoeing/kayaking, etc. Plus I get some exercise as well. I have met several men who I find physically attractive, and they are not ALL the tall, lanky type I usually go for. Last week I met a guy who looked a lot like Billy Blanks from Tae Bo, and I've always found him attractive. As for jobs, I used to joke that every guy I was attracted to was either a computer programmer or electrical engineer. (For a while there that actually was the case, and I'm a computer programmer myself, when I'm employed that is.)

I also seem to attract a specific personality type nearly every time. I refer to them as "the intellectual comedian". You would not believe how many of the guys I have dated have been fans of P.D.Q. Bach, for instance. Even the guy who answered my personal ad and who I had the FWB thing going with for a while was an "intellectual comedian" type. Can't get away from 'em! Not only are they the type who are attracted to me, but I seem to be attracted to them. And the married man I wish I had met before he met his wife was an electrical engineer who did improvisational comedy on the side! (and liked P.D.Q. Bach, too!) That is not to say that I would not consider another type of guy - it's just that this is about the only type of guy who has ever been attracted to me. (although in the case of the married man, it was always strictly platonic between us since he was married, and from what I have heard about his single days, I may unfortunately not have been his physical type - they said that he mostly dated tall women, and I'm short. I would've hoped he would've given me a chance back then though - I think that we would've been compatible on so many levels.) I think there are others out there who I could be just as compatible with, just not very many since I am out of the mainstream.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm putting myself out there to try to meet people too. I have trouble with the whole contrived dating thing like speed dating, for the same reason I have trouble with parties. WAY too shy. I hear you. I'm rather shy IRL too. I have an easier time if I'm with a group of people hiking, playing volleyball or softball, tubing, canoeing/kayaking, etc. Plus I get some exercise as well. Always a bonus, plus it shows the guy you aren't just a bump on a log. :smile: I also seem to attract a specific personality type nearly every time. I refer to them as "the intellectual comedian". You would not believe how many of the guys I have dated have been fans of P.D.Q. Bach, for instance. Even the guy who answered my personal ad and who I had the FWB thing going with for a while was an "intellectual comedian" type. Can't get away from 'em! Not only are they the type who are attracted to me, but I seem to be attracted to them. I think there are others out there who I could be just as compatible with, just not very many since I am out of the mainstream.
I'm not sure I understand, could you define out of the mainstream...

Speaking of attracting certain types, every man I have been seriously involved with has worked with his hands. I have dated 2 mechanics, a plumber, a dentist and I had a fuck buddy who was a family practice MD. Oddly, they have all taken their coffee black with sugar. all but the plumber were white guys. :confused: My friends have often joked that I take my coffee like I take my men: light and sweet. :tongue: Maybe I need to look for men that take their coffee like I do. :smile:

QuiteOne

Sexy Member
Media
I think people spend way too much time worrying about the other person and not looking inward. I'm a firm believer that most people really haven't a clue about who they are and what they want/need out of life. Many people get into the trap of just reacting to life and those around them instead of actively living life. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about a family member who had a wife that worshiped the ground they walked on. I find that creepy and sad. I certainly don't want someone to worship me. To me that implies they are insecure. I want a complete person. One that compliments me. The ideology of "You complete me" is all wrong. You're partner enhances who you are, he/she doesn't fill in the holes in your personality. Which gets me back to my original point (if I had one..LOL). I'm not sure about the whole soul mate thing. I think it puts too much pressure on your partner to try to fit them into that mold. I think if you can love yourself and really know yourself and what you desire, the rest will fall into place. If you look for love, you'll never find it.... it has to find you. (Yes that sounds cliché but I feel it's true.)

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Perhaps verse 18 could be rephrased as, "It is not good that man be independent." Our God establishes principles and patterns in His Word from which we can extract wisdom, the practical application of truth. Some of the most basic and fundamental patterns for His purpose are established very early in Genesis.

What is He showing here? That, in relation to God's purpose, the most and the best will not be produced in us if we are alone. If we are independent, we remove ourselves from the circumstances that will produce the most toward His purpose. In this specific context, God is not commanding everyone to marry, but He is clearly showing that marriage is better than remaining single. I agree wholeheartedly!

Thanks for elaborating njqt (you're such a cutie)...I must admit that my initial reaction to what you said in your earlier post offended me...but when I thought about our previous communications it just didn't add up - hence my asking you to elaborate - I apologise for not giving you the benefit of the doubt... What offended me was it seemed as if you were defining or labelling my own inner truth when in fact there is so much more to me than just the Bible or being Christian. Now at least I see where you were coming from and I understand much better. Thank you for elaborating things a bit more!

I've included a link to a post I made in the thread about the Creation Museum. I don't expect you to accept it, but I include it that you know what my own personal stance and belief structure is when I approach the subject of Genesis and more specifically the Creation.

http://www.lpsg.org/841125-post68.html

I assure you, that what I shared in my first post about loving through each other's faults etc. comes from a place of my own personal history (and that of my wife's). Firstly, let me first say, that though I share from a place of being married, I do not believe that marriage is the ultimate goal. Some of us are meant to be married while others of us aren't...just like some of us are meant to be gay or straight or teachers or doctors...I think that our ultimate goal in life is to live lives that are authentic to who we are and from which we are able to find the most fulfillment and happiness. That for me is the greatest achievement that all of us can strive for - to be true to ourselves and to find complete happiness in the expression thereof.

My whole approach to my sharing comes from a place of my personal history - it is the only facts that I have from which I am able to formulate my own truths and beliefs system. My sharing reflects an understanding that I formulated from my own experience of finding who I claim to be my soulmate - and trying to live up the responsibility of maintaining and nourishing it.

I had a very destructive childhood where I encountered verbal, emotional and physical abuse on a daily basis. To cut a long story short, I spent more than half of my life with the CONVICTION that I was nothing more than a curse, that God had put me on this earth as a form of punishment to my mother...and my older siblings were more than happy to reinforce that belief. I loathed and hated both myself and my existence, and though I didn't understand what suicide meant, I tried to get it right virtually every day - if I had my own way I would have been dead by the age of ten (thank heavens I didn't).

Fortunately through teachers etc (hence my respect and admiration for teachers) I was able to realise that there was a part of me that was lovable and through that went to therapy etc. Hence my embracing myself completely and being the person that I am today (also explains why I can be so sensitive & passionate in my posts).

My wife comes from a different yet also wounded history, where she was raised with the conviction that roles and pleasing others gives her her own identity. She was expected to be the family puppet and yet be blank to herself. Though her family had met me once and really didn't know me, despite us slowly exploring our relationship for about five years before deciding to get married, most of them refused to attend our wedding because she wasn't doing what they wanted, she wasn't who they wanted her to be and so our getting married was wrong. I guess our own sense of wounded history is what drew us together as friends.

My first words to her when I admitted that I had feelings for her and we decided to give things a try was "I want my love to make you happy" that has always been my foremost goal in life...even before getting married. From my own experience I knew just how necessary it is to develop one's own sense of self and acceptance without relying too heavily on others by way of their acceptance or affirmation. Yes, I need you to acknowledge the good in me, that I may know that I'm getting it right, however I don't need it in order to survive!

Even though by the second year of our relationship we had come to the conclusion that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, we only got engaged about six months before our getting married. The reason for this is: I had developed my own identity and she needed to as well - two halves do not make a whole when it comes to relationships. We each need to be complete people in order to make the relationship complete.

If my wife had her own way (and at times it still surfaces today) I would be the "head" of the house...the one to make decisions, to tell her what to do etc. She would allow her role as my wife to define her and give her her own identity and self esteem. At times it feels like I'm fighting a losing battle, yet she then surprises me by just how much she's "getting it". My approach to our marriage is one of though we share one life, we are two seperate people and that is how it needs to be. I encourage her to "have her own life" by way of making her own friends, going out on her own socials with them, finding her own hobbies and interests" not to end up living seperate lives, but when we do come together we each bring our own selves and experiences to the table.

I believe that to some degree we need to live out our marriage in a way where should either of us die, the other person is able to carry on. I don't want to die and she's left asking herself "who am I?" in the midst of her mourning, because she allowed me to be such a pivotal part of her life - that I have become her identity, her interests, her way of doing things etc. I need to have the reassurance that should it happen, though she will be mourning (I hope :biggrin1: ), she'll be able to wake up knowing who she is, able to accept and affirm herself for her identity and her values and to be able to face the world and possibly even another relationship with confidence and happiness...with the gratitude of her experience of me.

I do not profess to mastering these attitudes completely or that I do not make mistakes. I do not try to mislead you into believing that I am perfect or that I am the perfect husband. These are however my standards that I measure myself up against, my beacon and guide as we continue to celebrate and discover the wonderful gift of marriage that we share.

I end with a quote from Scott M. Peck which I used as part of my vows, which I think sums up everything that I've said...and that I use as my standard every day:

"Do not ask why I love you. Such a question could invite only the response of conditional love. I do not love you because you look a certain wy, or do certain things or practice certain values.
Only ask me this: 'Do you love me?'
That I may answer, 'Yes, oh yes!'"

chavous

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Jeff---as Cute As You Appear With A Very Nice Cock If You Remain Open It Will Happen. I Was Badly Hurt In My Early Twenties And At 24 Met The Sweetest,cutest Most Honest Well Hung Man And We Have Been Together 23 Years!it Is Not Always Perfect But We Love Each Other And Still Have Earth Shatering Sex! So Be Patient It Will Happen. Thanks For Your Posts. I Find You One Of The Most Interesting People On Lpsg If I Did Not Have A Sweetie I Would Be Calling You!

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ah, but maybe the challenge is finding someone you can accept even if they don't accept all of your faults. No one is perfect, everyone has things that get to them.

The important thing is finding a way to work through and compromise. A good relationship exists in reality where you have to deal with these things.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, but maybe the challenge is finding someone you can accept even if they don't accept all of your faults. Why on earth would I want that kind of one-sided relationship?!?:eek: I have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. No one is perfect, everyone has things that get to them. This is true. If I am wlling to accept or overlook someone elses faults and quirks, I expect the same treatment in return.

The important thing is finding a way to work through and compromise. YES! A good relationship exists in reality where you have to deal with these things. Hmm,:rolleyes: you mean I can't contine to just sweep them under the carpet or drown them in Pinot Grigio . . .

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I personally think that the whole "soulmates" theory is a bit overrated. I think that when you find that special someone the relationship starts out as somewhat infatuation (""falling in love", can't keep the person out of your mind etc. - yet you don't really know who you're dealing with), it then progresses into what I would like to consider "friendship" where you get to know each other on a more personal and intimate level - you confide in each other (what makes the person tick, strengths and weaknesses etc). I think it's only at this stage where the idea of being soul mates crops in. Where the bond is so great and though you see the person for who they really are (not just on the infatuation level where to some degree what you see is based on chemistry, lust etc.) yet you still can't stay away from each other. This then progresses into love, where you see each other for you really are, warts and all, you can't stay away from each other...yet at the same time there are the occasional hiccups - disagreements, misunderstandings, the faults that irritate you - yet with it comes the decision to love the person through their faults. To not only want the person to be happy, but for the person to grow into WHO they are and not HOW you would like them to be.

I think that there is more than one person out there that is compatible for each one of us, but it's up to us to decide who we would like to have as our soul mate. That's my opinion.

Very well said, biguy2738.

I think it all comes down to acceptance. We may not like all of our partner's traits, but lovingly accepting and deeply appreciating him or her as a whole person is the ideal, IMO.

Unfortunately, most people are too reactive to accept another person this way. I think it takes a lot of maturity to get to the point where you can look beyond the little things, see the big picture, know you have found a priceless treasure, and resolve never to forget how blessed you truly are.

I think we get the "soul mate" thoughts and feelings because for two people to find each other who have this level of maturity, as well as similar or complementary personalities/values/interests, you have to be both fortunate and proactive.

Artfulwilly and I moved mountains to be together, because we recognized how truly special, important, and rare our relationship is.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Basically, my thought was... is there just one person in the world who will accept you completely, unconditionally, and without any regrets that they have done so? If so, would losing the person mean you are SOL or is it possible to find another who will love you as much?

I think that it is possible to find a soulmate...but you could find many soulmates. Acceptance is lacking very much today. I think that pets accept you unconditionally. Yet, even, they at times can get a little funky attitude.

I think that any person you meet is completely right or completely wrong. People are different. Acceptance of those differences will be a major breakthrough.

(Wow, considering I haven't slept in 3 days, I think that is pretty darned profound):rolleyes: :tongue:

I AM NOT E-VEN going to go there...:rolleyes:

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Great comments...

Yes, you can find more than one person who cares about you that way and knows you that well.

Not all of my friends have found it, and i think that often it is impossible too when one of the persons is a 'withholder'...you have to have a lot of honesty and all of your 'walls' down to let someone know the 'real' you.
Too many people are unwilling or unable to do that.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You mean will I meet them? I hope so. But then, I am quite strange...:tongue:
And shy. And there aren't many girls around here or at least where I and my friends go...

But, I can hope :smile:

I would say thus far, I have had girlfriends and perhaps in my mind made them out to be soulmates or these amazing, caring, wondrous people that they never were. And now I see them for what they are...and quite frankly, I'm shocked :tongue:

We shall see.

Jeff had sex for three days straight!? And I thought I had stamina :biggrin1:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
... is there just one person in the world who will accept you completely, unconditionally, and without any regrets that they have done so?

(Wow, considering I haven't slept in 3 days, I think that is pretty darned profound):rolleyes: :tongue:

Discuss, my little children.:biggrin1:

You shouldn't be losing any sleep over this OP Jeff.:tongue:
I would say there are many people with whom you could form a happy relationship. Once in a relationship one may indeed have regrets and wonder about other alternate choices that one could have made in life and love. If you both accept each other as is, and look at you life together as a two way street as opposed to a "my way or the highway" state of affairs, the two of you can look forward to dwelling contentedly with one another .

Discuss, my little children.:biggrin1:
I didn't know you had children. How many are there?:wink:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Basically, my thought was... is there just one person in the world who will accept you completely, unconditionally, and without any regrets that they have done so? If so, would losing the person mean you are SOL or is it possible to find another who will love you as much?
You've been channeling Plato again, haven't you?

The Parable of the Wedding Feast. I think that's the relevant bit of Platonic persiflage.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Accepting someone is different to accepting all of their faults... really, you don't have to accept some of the things the person you love does, in fact, there is bound to be something they do that pisses you off.

So, I expect both sides to accept each other but realise that not every fault will be accepted :redface:

Ah, but maybe the challenge is finding someone you can accept even if they don't accept all of your faults. Why on earth would I want that kind of one-sided relationship?!?:eek: I have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. No one is perfect, everyone has things that get to them. This is true. If I am wlling to accept or overlook someone elses faults and quirks, I expect the same treatment in return.

The important thing is finding a way to work through and compromise. YES! A good relationship exists in reality where you have to deal with these things. Hmm,:rolleyes: you mean I can't contine to just sweep them under the carpet or drown them in Pinot Grigio . . .

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Ah, but maybe the challenge is finding someone you can accept even if they don't accept all of your faults. No one is perfect, everyone has things that get to them.

The important thing is finding a way to work through and compromise. A good relationship exists in reality where you have to deal with these things.

Well, the funny thing about this thought is the part highlighted in red. Every relationship has compromise in it to some extent. Understanding plays a very key role. Forexample, finding the perfect man/woman only to discover they have excessive flatulence after eating red meat. Do you break up with them because of this quirk? No, you just get a second bathroom.:rolleyes:

I completely get the compromise concept. One just has to be careful that they aren't compromising themselves too much. I was always under the impression that a true "soulmate" is someone who will accept you for who you are and love you unconditionally, as you love them the same.

Very well said, biguy2738.

I think it all comes down to acceptance. We may not like all of our partner's traits, but lovingly accepting and deeply appreciating him or her as a whole person is the ideal, IMO.

Again, my thought is the same....accepting and compromising are great things, but to do so excessively might be stretching the true idea of soulmate in my head.

The Parable of the Wedding Feast. I think that's the relevant bit of Platonic persiflage.
Plato and I were drinking buddies once upon a time.. he used to go on and on about life while slopping his wine everywhere.:smile:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I think that many people will accept you unconditionally... I don't think that just one person is the one, I mean that person could be anywhere on the planet, how are we supposed to find just that one person? I think that people are raised and that they accept and dis-accept certain things, they then transfer that on to someone they like.

I don't think (after a long crappy day) that anyone will be compatible with me, I have so many trust issues, and need to change things constantly to make sure that I still enjoy it as much as I did previously. I don't think that anyone can keep up with me, accept that I'm not all that interested in sex, want as many animals as I do, and live such a secluded life as I do.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media

I think this may be what you are refering to. Or if not, you could have

In Plato's Symposium, the guests discuss love. This story about how people came to seek someone to love is told by Aristophanes. It explains both why people are attracted to the same sex and why people are attracted to the opposite sex.

From Plato's Symposium (Public Domain translation):

The sexes were not two as they are now, but originally three in number; there was man, woman, and the union of the two.... The primeval man was round, his back and sides forming a circle; and he had four hands and four feet, one head with two faces, looking opposite ways, set on a round neck and precisely alike; also four ears, two privy members, and the remainder to correspond....

..[Zeus] said: "Methinks I have a plan which will humble their pride and improve their manners; men shall continue to exist, but I will cut them in two and then they will be diminished in strength and increased in numbers; this will have the advantage of making them more profitable to us. They shall walk upright on two legs.... After the division the two parts of man, each desiring his other half, came together, and throwing their arms about one another, entwined in mutual embraces, longing to grow into one ....

Each of us when separated... is always looking for his other half. Men who are a section of that double nature which was once called Androgynous are lovers of women... the women who are a section of the woman do not care for men, but have female attachments; the female companions are of this sort. But they who are a section of the male follow the male, and while they are young, being slices of the original man, they hang about men and embrace them, and they are themselves the best of boys and youths, because they have the most manly nature