Do you fall asleep after sex?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Some guys are the 'wham, bam, thank you ma'am (or Sam)' types who go directly to sleep after ejaculation.

Some guys consider post-coital cuddling and conversation a part of the lovemaking and stay awake until the partner is ready for sleep.

Which are you? Is it important to your relationship?

I'll bet the ladies can comment on this one!

Pecker

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
In a relationship: Of course, I cuddle. That's almost vital or necessary -- cooling down together and wrapping up in a warm embrace after cleaning ourselves off a little bit.

Casual: Depends. It's sad, but if I feel like the sex wasn't that great or that I simply got off but didn't feel really in tune with the person I'm doing it with, I'll just clean up, put my clothes back on and leave. I won't be an asshole about it. Polite conversation for a couple of minutes, plans to get in contact -- that sort of thing -- but again, it depends on the circumstances in which I meet up with people in the first place. Let's be honest. You know as well as I do that if you take someone home from the bar and are so wound up that you want to jump their bones the minute you cross the threshold, unless you really dig the person and want to get to know them, you do your business and leave it at that.

Finedessert: "Some guys consider post-coital cuddling and conversation a part of the lovemaking and stay awake until the partner is ready for sleep."

The last time I got lucky the guy fell asleep During the lovemaking.

Of course I did cuddle after the deed, BUT My God how long can ya hang onto a dead log.

Grandpa

sammygirly: Here's an incredible surprise answer....

Cuddling is very important to me. No matter how hard and raunchy the sex is, no matter how sweaty and exhausted I am, there is simply no reward greater for me (including the orgasm(s)) then knowing that I am worth the effort beyond the act of sex.

I'm not a sport fucker, so if I'm engaging in sex with someone it's because I have feelings for them. If they roll over as soon as sex is over and fall asleep...I'd be done and there'd be no more sex. If sleep is necessary, at least fall asleep with me in your arms.

Donk: When I have my druthers, I fall asleep. When I am trying to keep my gf happy, nurture the relationship, yada yada yada, I force myself to stay awake and do all that cuddly stuff.

I'm sure that sounds very politically incorrect. But I have read that there is actually a biochemical reaction (or something--I'm not good with science) that makes men sleepy after ejaculation. So it is really a physical thing--not emotional insensitivity--that makes men roll over and start snoring after sex. Indeed, I find that if I am alone at night and have trouble sleeping, a stroke session works better than any sleeping pill.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I think Donk is right.

I've read too, that there is a natural "mechanism" that kicks in for men after they ejaculate; we get a little sleepy and need a bit of "time out" ...whether it be for rest, sleep, whatever--we can't help it.. 'Seems as though the idea behind this is to allow the body time to "catch up" on its energy reserves.

Most women I believe especially appreciate the "after glow" period of course--it's naturally important to them emotionally. We guys are "wired" to respond to visual stimulus while women are designed to desire touch and sensory stimulation. For women, their "needs" don't always get satisfied after physical climax it seems.

Didn't mean to come off as sexist here, but it truly seems we are differently put together (emotionally) as men and women. It's a fact we can't change.

If we guys can fight off the urge to "roll over" and sleep, we would probably be the better.

Guys, all that cuddling and the "nuzzling" are probably just as necessary and beneficial as that natural need for time out!

We'd better accept it.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I read something -- somewhere! -- which tends to support Donk and Benderten; some chemical or another is released into a man's brain after he ejaculates to make him sleepy. If I wake in the middle of the night tensed up about something or another, this is the only foolproof remedy I know of.

I would say it varies a lot. Partly according to the time of day -- we tend to have as much sex first thing in the morning as last thing at night. (O for the days when it could be the middle of the afternoon, supper time, mid-morning, you name it -- amazing what children can do for you!). Also according to degree of arousal. If you need to come again, you don't fall asleep ;).

In a long term relationship you get the sense that sometimes he will put her needs first, at other times she needs to put him and his needs first. Otherwise it's hardly likely to be a long term relationship. But then, men like cuddling too. A great way to fall asleep.

H8Monga: Well I've never had sex, but masturbation can be used to put myself to sleep! One time at school I fell alseep WHILE masturbating! I only hope I had rolled over before my roommate woke up... :-[

mekkler: No, I like to cuddle for a while...and talk about relationships, work, decorating...stuff like that. No, Really!

kyle: I'm not sure that this was really covered, but after sex I like to have more sex ... then some more ... and then a little more. Yeah, I sometimes take a little nap after a few hours of sex, but it's due to exhaustion.

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fall asleep..... pass out from exhaustion..... it's all semantics. Lol.
Honestly,I couldn't picture myself just rolling over and knocking out after.
Slowly fading away.... wrapped around my girl... the smell of sex & perfume in the air.....THAT'S the way to go. :)

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
well, not during anyway!

Wait until you get older! First you will lose track of what you're doing because your mind will wander then 1 day you will just fall into a deep sleep and when you wake up will try to figure out why the other person is so mad.