Do you feel that you attract the "type" that you find most attractive?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by LemacST, Jun 4, 2008.

1. LemacST

Gold Member

I work at a place where I get lots of different people. I am not really limited when it comes to what kind of girl I find attractive, so I can find many of the older women attractive as well as the ones my age, girls of different ethnicities, etc. Something I realized is that the ones that don't seem to be my "type" in accordance to social standards (milf vs. 20 year old guy) rarely ever flirt with me, yet the type that seems most unattainable to me (a hot girl my age) often do. Even when I try flirting with girls my age who aren't as good looking as the aforementioned, they seem to be ignorant to my advances. It's kind of weird, you'd think that if you can get one type of girl, you might be able to get the other. I guess it doesn't work that way?

2. itsa'it

itsa'it New Member

Albums:
    WHAT?
    im confused dude

3. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    i think i get what you're getting at. i'm attracted to masculine guys but i always attract feminine guys.

4. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

So girls your age flirt with you but you like older girls, who don't flirt with you. That's not unusual; typical behavior is to stay near your age. But maybe they're not as unattainable as you think. (Or they're just flirty bitches trying to get something for free.)

Anyway, I'm most attracted to petite brunettes slightly younger than me, and I seem to draw them in rather easily.

5. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have no idea what kind of girl I attract, but I know that there were a lot of girls in high school that I liked didn't like me. Most of the smart attractive girls I like went for the more dumb jock type. And if I talked to them it seemed like they always felt challenged by me. I'm not even sure if I attracted anyone except like three people.

It's frustrating, because everyone who tries to give me advice or whatever all say similar things. That I need to wait because it will happen! (Which I hate because it's not like they wait, 3/4th couldn't stand to be single as long as me and would go out with anyone just to be not single anymore) And that it should be better in college, which doesn't make sense to me. Who goes to college? Oh right, people who went to high school.

6. B_Demention

B_Demention New Member

After introducing one of my partners to my mother a while back, I overheard her on the phone to my sister later that evening. She said "all his girlfriends look the same!" That had never occurred to me before, but hearing it made me realize that there was a grain of truth in it. Since I don't really pursue women (I generally wait until someone shows an interest in me and then gauge my own interest in her as a result) it occurred to me that there may indeed be a type of girl that I attract. That's not to say I don't find other kinds of women attractive, because I certainly do, it's just the way things have worked out so far. In any case, I try to base compatibility on intangibles rather than appearances, but it's still kind of strange how a lot of my exes have certain visual similarities.

#6 B_Demention, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  7. LemacST

Gold Member

Yeah, basically what I'm trying to say is that the girls I get more of a response with (not necessarily always blunt flirting, but just cute looks, smiles, etc.) are the ones my age that I would otherwise think that they'd be a challenge to "win over". I'm not trying to put myself down by saying this, I know I am an attractive guy, it's just that these girls have status. The part that confuses me is that I don't seem to get this same type of interaction with girls who don't really have this perceivable status...so, in layman terms, I often get more flirty interaction (even if it's mild) out of an "8" than I do a "5" even though I treat them both the same. I think it's weird because I'd still like to talk to the "5" and get to know her better, so what am I doing wrong?

Of course, maybe some are just looking for free shit but then again I've had enough experiences to know that that's not always the case. Quite a few of these girls are repeat customers that take extra time afterwards just to talk, or tip me without ever hooking them up with anything (something I don't really do anyway).

8. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ugh... It's all in the social ladder. If 8's are attracted to you, you must be in the area of an 8. 5's don't talk to 8's usually. It's not comfortable, so I've heard.

9. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Lucky you, I wish I had the opportunity to talk to 8's and see how I fair. :tongue: Right now though I don't have much opportunity to socialize really. No job, so no going out much. And i haven't started college yet.

As to what XGX said, I don't think that is entirely true. I've seen a lot of not so attractive girls go for more popular guys.

10. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sexual attractiveness and positive sexual chemistry aren't always exactly the same thing.

My "type" is a short, swarthy latino with a small uncut dick, big, pillowy ass and an evil, bitchy attitude. When and if I find one who matches my other criteria (insatiable, HIV+ powerbottom) I feel like I've hit the jackpot. And Latins in general, with my pale eyes and complexion, are generally very attracted to me as well.

However, some of my most memorable and provocative encounters were with guys totally against "type". So, while I keep an eye out for the elusive Hispanic badboy, I am also on the look-out for other, rarer, and more elusive qualities like intelligence and an open attitude.

11. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know, but that's how it usually goes.

12. Principessa

Gold Member

Do you feel that you attract the "type" that you find most attractive?

Next to never. :mad: IRL the better and more professionally dressed I am the more likely I am to attract the gangsta/thug type black man of various ages. Call me a snob, but I find the gangsta/thug persona truly repugnant, even more so on suburban white guys.

Online I attract white males 18-25 many of whom are virgins. :confused: I have no idea why since when I am out and about these men aren't even a blip on my radar.

13. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Why do you think some of us are virgins? :tongue: I admit that there is a chance that I wouldn't be a virgin if I didn't spend so much time online. Too bad many people online (like you!) are so much better than people I know in person.

14. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

yes

also, oddly, attract the types I would never go for ...

15. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    wait wait wait....hold the phone and stop the presses.... I actually attract women? when did this start to happen? why wasn't I informed of this?

16. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Lost in the mail? Switch to email for these things! :tongue:

17. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

lol pendlum.....I knew I was behind in the times but shit! lmao

18. B_becominghorse

B_becominghorse New Member

exactly the same here, but getting the types I really most want is relatively recent. The ones I don't want I tend to forget about very quickly because I won't fuck them.

19. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    if i had to define a type for myself it would have to be , first and foremost, a girl with a large intellect and a love of reading and enjoying life, and she's gotta love the beach. as for teh physical part, i want long legs that reach up to the sky and big eyes. race and social class dont mean a thing to me.

it just so happens that i met my current girlfriend in barnes & noble.

20. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i live in LA and it's so diverse here. every type from wanna-be gangsters to indie rocker musicians have been attracted to me. occasionally a few older dudes will strike up a friendly flirty conversation. i hardly ever attract my actual ideal type though, which is tall, dark, and handsome. i always get one of the three but never all three in one. as for personality and compatibility, i always attract my total opposites.

Draft saved Draft deleted