Do you find an unattractive person talking about sex to be repulsive?

D

deleted957600

For some reason, when someone who is really physically unattractive talks about sexual issues I am repulsed. I'm very curious if others feel this way and how common it is to feel this way. Imagining them engaged in some sexual act is just something I don't even want to think about.

Reactions: Stretchy

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
19_14.jpg
People of all types have SEX!!

Reactions: Haggard_Wisdom
D

deleted957600

Yes, true BillM. This is an issue I had always kept to myself as it seems to be a touchy subject to even bring up. But I'm wondering if I might be the only one who feels this way or if there might be others.

If the overall environment/context is acceptable for someone to be discussing sex, or fetishes, and so on... I don't care who is doing it. I prefer that people have the capacity to embrace their own kinks/likes, without talking down about things they do not enjoy. Otherwise, no issues :)

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For some reason, when someone who is really physically unattractive talks about sexual issues I am repulsed. I'm very curious if others feel this way and how common it is to feel this way. Imagining them engaged in some sexual act is just something I don't even want to think about.

I'm not particularly attracted to Sue Johanson, but I don't get sick to my stomach hearing her talk about sex.

I really only get repulsed if it's my sister / parents. Fortunately, it's very very rare that they bring up the topic :p

HornyToad11

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not particularly attracted to Sue Johanson, but I don't get sick to my stomach hearing her talk about sex.

I really only get repulsed if it's my sister / parents. Fortunately, it's very very rare that they bring up the topic :p
Totally agree. But it is a shame that we all can't be more open about sex and relationships. It is so fundamental to our lives, yet it seems that it's very importance makes it a commodity to be rationed and used to as a means of control.
Everyone deserves happiness. Peace and love to all xx

Reactions: ronin001 and rtg

Not really - I'm squeamish about some sexual acts but not people generally.

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, true BillM. This is an issue I had always kept to myself as it seems to be a touchy subject to even bring up. But I'm wondering if I might be the only one who feels this way or if there might be others.

you probably aren't the only one but that doesn't make you any less of a d-bag. bless your soul when you eventually look in a mirror.

D

deleted957600

Several months ago, I was planning to meet someone I used to chat with in the LPSG chatroom. We were going to meet for the first time at a Starbucks. We had exchanged photos beforehand via e-mail and I knew I would not be attracted to him. However, thought it might be fun to just meet and chat for about an hour. He became irate when I told him I just wanted to meet for coffee and had no interest in going to a hotel. He called me a picky middle aged chink (and also made references to watermelon and fried chicken with another LPSG member on another occasion). He was bald and had a beard, a look I am not attracted to. His unattractiveness gave me more of a visceral reaction than the racial comments which were directed at me.

On a side note, thanks for all the feedback everyone. I have gotten more responses than expected. It seems my feelings on the unattractive are not commonplace...

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He called me a picky middle aged chink (and also made references to watermelon and fried chicken with another LPSG member on another occasion).

This, unfortunately, is very commonplace. It's been a topic that's come up in a lot of threads (the sheer vitriol from a lot of the people here and elsewhere when someone isn't interested in sleeping with them).

D

deleted957600

This, unfortunately, is very commonplace. It's been a topic that's come up in a lot of threads (the sheer vitriol from a lot of the people here and elsewhere when someone isn't interested in sleeping with them).

Obviously, you aren't going to interest someone in sleeping with you when they find you hideous to begin with and you direct racist remarks at them as well.

But in relation to my thread topic, I didn't want to have sex with him, think about having sex with him and didn't want him coming on to me sexually online or in person.

Reactions: 950483

Haggard_Wisdom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Several months ago, I was planning to meet someone I used to chat with in the LPSG chatroom. We were going to meet for the first time at a Starbucks. We had exchanged photos beforehand via e-mail and I knew I would not be attracted to him. However, thought it might be fun to just meet and chat for about an hour. He became irate when I told him I just wanted to meet for coffee and had no interest in going to a hotel. He called me a picky middle aged chink (and also made references to watermelon and fried chicken with another LPSG member on another occasion). He was bald and had a beard, a look I am not attracted to. His unattractiveness gave me more of a visceral reaction than the racial comments which were directed at me.

On a side note, thanks for all the feedback everyone. I have gotten more responses than expected. It seems my feelings on the unattractive are not commonplace...

Outer attractiveness is one thing and sometimes can't be helped but his 'inner ugly' is all his own making. You were RIGHT to walk on by.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't think anyone deserves sex or love, but someone's attractiveness has nothing to do with that.
Why do you think not everyone deserves those things? I don't think pedophiles, rapists, or ppl who abuse their partners... do but they're the exception.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Why do you think not everyone deserves those things? I don't think pedophiles, rapists, or ppl who abuse their partners... do but they're the exception.

No one deserves those things because you get them from other people. Saying that everyone deserves love and sex is like saying that people are entitled to something from someone else.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No one deserves those things because you get them from other people. Saying that everyone deserves love and sex is like saying that people are entitled to something from someone else.
I disagree but I understand what you are saying.