Do you focus when you're having sex

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if I'm on top, doing most of the work, I focus on pleasing my lady. if I'm on the bottom, I am more relaxed, but still focused.

size_is_relative

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its like this. Let say you are trying to have an important conversation about something really important with someone and they are doing everything but looking at you. Yet they swear they are listening to every word you say. Maybe they are. The point is how it makes YOU feel.

OK...for the last time...

She had no idea this was the case until we were already long done going at it. There wasn't a tap on the shoulder and a "hey, I'm down here moment". We fucked for ~an hour and it wasn't until after we finished that the matter came up. And when I say she was irked, I just mean a minor annoyance (which I'm pretty sure was because I was reluctant to rewind the movie).

So far as what the movie was, I want to say the Darjeeling Limited, but I'm not really sure off the top of my head. Although the other day we did it while Bill and Ted was on...that was fun.

Munely

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Usually, when I'm having sex, it's because I want to and that I'm horny and excited, So I think about the person I'm with, not anything else. When I have sex with my boyfriend, the TV is usually on and I rarely pay attention to it, but there's one thing that really annoys me. When I'm giving him a blowjob, and I see him watching the TV... come on now, I'm pleasuring you and you're not even paying attention? Yeah, it's kind of a turn off, a bit insulting too.

When I'm being sucked, I enjoy it, I look, I pay attention to the feeling, to the mouth... I don't watch the damn TV! :p

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK...for the last time...

She had no idea this was the case until we were already long done going at it. There wasn't a tap on the shoulder and a "hey, I'm down here moment". We fucked for ~an hour and it wasn't until after we finished that the matter came up. And when I say she was irked, I just mean a minor annoyance (which I'm pretty sure was because I was reluctant to rewind the movie).

So far as what the movie was, I want to say the Darjeeling Limited, but I'm not really sure off the top of my head. Although the other day we did it while Bill and Ted was on...that was fun.

OK, i reread the original post. Your question was if our minds wander during sex. Most of the answers have been "No". My answer, NO.

But then you seem to be confused as to why she was irked. I am trying to explain to you why that is. If you have the amazing ability to have great sex while doing two things at once, congratulations on your amazing talent. The problem is you cant brag about it to your girl because it is an insult for a woman to not have your total attention while being intimate.

I once was with an ex-GF at the movies. The theater was practically empty and we thought it would be fun to misbehave. After lots of oral both ways, jerking, and fingering, I did not see the movie. In fact, we had to come back another day to finally see the movie.

Warning: I am about to be sarcastic to make a point. Not intended to offend.:wink:
Heck, next time do your taxes while you are having sex. Go doggy style and use her back as a table. But make sure you give it to her good, I mean, you dont want to have lousy sex. :rolleyes:

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I got really mad once when a guy I was dating was staring at a poster he had in his room while I was blowing him. The poster was of a half-naked girl. And I called him on it, and he denied that he was doing it. I told him -- If i'm taking the time out to blow you, you can take the time out to fucking pay attention to that fact.

JamaicanGuy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess it's just the way I am...I'm never thinking about just one thing. I've written computer programs in my head while riding roller coasters and scribbled haikus while taking a statistics final.

Off the topic. Just commenting (as a writer) on that sentence: nice.

Last edited:

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i'm sure i COULD focus on other things...i just really don't want to. my ex let me leave the TV on mute while we fooled around during an important football game, but we were both into the game and just wanted to be able to keep track of the score, so we glimpsed up every once in a while.

i think it's less of an issue of your ABILITY to split your focus...it's the slight dumbassery of admitting to her that your focus wasn't entirely on her. just rewind the damn movie and let her watch it and keep your yap shut, lol!

lickme69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I would have slapped the shit of you, but then again I think i would notice if my man was watching TV during sex.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My mind will wander during sex too. I've even answered the phone while having a fuck. Sex isn't always a mind blowing, original, rare thing to be cherished. Sometimes it's just two people giving pleasure while the TV is on. Other times it's hotter and more passionate and the thinking side is totally switched off and you go on instinct. That's the best sex.

I've watched sports and movies with sex partners many times. But I wouldn't do it without the other person doing it too. That would be a bit rude for me.

The mind not having 100% focus during an hour or more of sex is pretty normal I think.

Next time try to include her. Comedies are great during sex, they can really add to the fun and giggles.