Do you get along with most people in real life?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I generally do. I am very easy going and get along with most people. There are only a few people that I can recall that I don't get along with. One in particular was a girl in a group of friends in High School. She was too quick to anger and insisted she was right when she was wrong. She also became furious when you even questioned something she said. It's a shame because her sister and parents were very nice people. That kind of person, that you have to walk on egg shells around, is a big turn off too me. I also had a coworker who was very nice on a social level, but impossible to work with. I try to find the good in people and try to forgive small faults.

2. blg3floor3

blg3floor3 New Member

I can get along just fine with pretty much anybody, setting aside the kind that most people can't get along with - rude, arrogant, self-centered, king/queen of the universe, holier than thou. I had friends and acquaintances in high school from every group except the thug rappers and hoodlums: jocks, geeks, nerds, stoners, skaters, 'normal people', popular types, less than popular types, cheerleaders, academics, and everything else. I had friends/acquaintances from so many groups that I seemed to be one of the few people that couldn't have more than a few friends hanging out together at the same time because most of the groups didn't really mix very well, socially. Once people got passed my shyness, I found that pretty much no one really minded socializing with me, regardless of who they were.

It's always been like that and still holds even today. I can get along with just about anyone (thugs, rappers, thug rappers, hoodlums, etc aside). I guess I'm more the exception than the rule because most people I've encountered have certain kinds of people they hang out with or get along with and are basically oil and water with everyone else. Maybe it's an INFJ thing.

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    In almost every social situation I've ever been involved with (like work, for instance), I get along really well with most people. But there always seems to be one or two people who just grate on me like sand in my Elbow Grease.

The usual suspects in these cases fall into two groups: ignorant idiots who, while knowing nothing about the task at hand, insist on voicing an unjustified concern that slows things down and in the end accomplishes nothing except sowing division and frustration generally.

The others are rank Prima Donnas who insist on special deference due entirely to some force of personality rather than any real merit of skill, experience or attitude.

I also tend to have issues with arbitrary exercises of authority, most especially from bosses who have failed their way up the ladder. This is usually a defensive move on their parts, especially when forced to deal with a staff with more experience, qualifications and skills than their staff.

I have no problem being openly antagonistic with either of the first two types, much to the chagrin of appeasing pussies. If I think that I can successfully side-step a boss and make an appeal directly to a higher authority, I will and have many times.

4. D_Betty Beanbags

D_Betty Beanbags New Member

I can get along with just about anyone, but as I get older I find that I don't care so much about it. I mean, I do care but I'm much fussier than I used to be about who I bother to know. Or maybe that is my PMS talking. :redface:

5. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

not a problem

except with those individuals who can't deal with my natural reserve

at any given time, there's only a handful of people I feel like talking to, or expressing any feeling to

even those whom I do like, I am initially very reserved with

and, as you're aware, some people can't handle that

6. earllogjam

Gold Member

Actually I hate most people I encounter, I just act cordial.

The lucky few I like have it good.

7. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Not really and ive never been the social butterfly. However i am friendly to everyone, its just i prefer a small group of close friends to a large group of acquaintances

8. SeeDickRun

SeeDickRun New Member

I get along with everyone, with the exception of people who know it all, talk through your responses to comments, and who spout, unthinkingly, a particular party line.

9. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    NO!.............,wanna make something out of it??.............just kidding

10. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:

lol...abso-fuckin-lutely!

11. crossy

Gold Member

I am attracted to girls who didn't graduate from DCCC.

12. transformer_99

Gold Member

These days, it seems to depend upon what their agenda is ? I generally try to get along initially, but with some it's impossible. I've learned to spot some of these self-absorbed types ahead of time. You can see them working an angle on the approach.

It's a shame in a power struggle situation, it's often perceived the weakness to break the ice and lower your guard. In those situations, the other really doesn't realize I have no designs to control, manipulate or dominate them.

#12 transformer_99, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  13. TomSchmo

TomSchmo Member

I hate about 90% of the people I meet instantly.
    In other words, no I dont get along with many people at all.

14. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

It may seem hard to believe, but I get along well with most people.

Even the ones that hate me.

15. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I get along with just about everyone. I can't think of a single person in real life that I don't get along with, actually. There are people that aren't necessarily my type, therefore I choose not to socialize with them, but that's not to say we don't get along. I'm a social butterfly with lots of acquaintances and a few close friends. I'm also the person that everyone goes to with their problems. People see me as someone they can be completely open with, and I like that. It can be a little odd at times when people you just met 30 minutes previously are dumping their life stories onto you, but I enjoy being that person for them. :smile:

16. Whopper-lee

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes I do generally get along with most folk I "meat"...oops I mean meet!

17. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I get along fine with almost everybody, but I fucking hate you.

Draft saved Draft deleted