Do you get hit on at the gym?

D_Harold_Hopnoodle

Experimental Member
Media
(fairly unlikely, given my ranking among the other guys there),

Are you the "big boss"?
[post=310772]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

:D Wow, that's an interesting and totally unintended way of taking that statement!

No, I was referring to my status as someone who has essentially never done anything to improve his physique in, oh, 29 of his 29 years on this planet. Ranking myself, therefore, as below the threshold of being hit on.

Suffice to say that the only parts of me considered "big" are those I could stand to make un-big at this point! :p

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I go the the gym in the mornings as that is when I have the time and I am WAY too germ-phobic to use a public shower--so I come back home and wash before heading to work (my gym is 5 minutes from my house). I don't even really changer clothes in there.

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@May 14 2005, 08:47 PM
In the end, if someone gets hit on in the gym and isn't interested, it's not too difficult to say, "I'm flattered, but no thanks." It's a short sentence that will usually do the trick.
[post=311042]Quoted post[/post]​

That's just about the same thing I say to telemarketers...For the life of me I don't understand why people get so upset at them... It's not like someone is forcing you to answer the phone, let alone listen to them.

A quick and firm "No Thank You" followed by returning the handset to the cradle does the trick for me...[/end of off topic rant]

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by warmsunshine@May 14 2005, 10:37 PM
That's just about the same thing I say to telemarketers...For the life of me I don't understand why people get so upset at them... It's not like someone is forcing you to answer the phone, let alone listen to them.

I have a better way of dealing with telemarketers: in my deepest baritone voice I say, "I'm wearing a black lace teddy and five-inch heels. Are you touching yourself?" They're the ones who hang up on me! Since the national Do Not Call list, I haven't had to bother.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@May 14 2005, 07:54 PM

I have a better way of dealing with telemarketers: in my deepest baritone voice I say, "I'm wearing a black lace teddy and five-inch heels. Are you touching yourself?" They're the ones who hang up on me! Since the national Do Not Call list, I haven't had to bother.
[post=311129]Quoted post[/post]​

Indeed, thank the gods for the Do Not Call List. Once my friend Vallorie and I were discussing ways to scare off telemarketers. Shortly afterwords the phone rang and it was a telemarketer. She just screamed into the phone and then hung up.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by ashlar+May 15 2005, 12:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashlar &#064; May 15 2005, 12:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DoubleMeatWhopper@May 14 2005, 07:54 PM

I have a better way of dealing with telemarketers: in my deepest baritone voice I say, "I&#39;m wearing a black lace teddy and five-inch heels. Are you touching yourself?" They&#39;re the ones who hang up on me&#33; Since the national Do Not Call list, I haven&#39;t had to bother.
[post=311129]Quoted post[/post]​

Indeed, thank the gods for the Do Not Call List. Once my friend Vallorie and I were discussing ways to scare off telemarketers. Shortly afterwords the phone rang and it was a telemarketer. She just screamed into the phone and then hung up.
[post=311130]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Story is not as good as you guys, but it brings back a memory from when I had a "sig other". A telemarketer calls trying to sell basement waterproofing (we lived in a 3rd floor apt) and asks for "Mr (my last name)". My other half said, "he is not here". So the telemarketer asks "well, can I speak to Mrs (my last name)." He said in his deepest voice and very loudly - "SPEAKING&#33;". The telemarketer stuttered for several minutes then hung up. ;)

SpiceboyMJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, I&#39;ve been hit on in the gym before. That is actually how I met a good friend of mine but I definitely put off an aura to make it clear that I am here to work out and not cruise. I think every gym has those trolls that lurk in the locker room just waiting to catch a glimpse. Hell, I&#39;ve had guys follow me around and I just politely tell them that I am not interested and it normally does the trick.

jockstrap22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree, men are so insecure that any comlpiment is taken as an advance. Even it is an advance don't they have the balls to graciouly say thanks and move on. Female friends do it all time. There are far worse things happening. Real men have balls.

Juicee Jubes

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Im one of the shy ones, that goes to gym to work out, it usually takes me a while to notice any sexy guys or girls there for the matter. Am usually sweaty, flushed and trying to catch breath from jogging or rowing machine.

I have on occassions spotted or caught eye of guys checking me out, some subtle and others very obvious- in and out of the shower area. I feel there is a time and place for sexy stuff and wouldnt do anything at a gym nomatter how inclined or hot the guy is. No issues here with guys that do play i think it would prob be fun just my pref is not to.

Great thread and read, hope to hear more. " by the way you have a hot cock " see blushing already.

Cuddle

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes I have been hit on a few times in the gym lockerroom but not very often. Over four years at the gym I go to now I have probably been hit on openly by 4 guys. Had several give long enough looks to let me know they are interested. Easy to say thanks but no thanks if you are not interested or ignore the ones who look.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
people at the gym know better than to try to approach me ... there are, however, a few hotties I'd like to hit on, and it has nothing to do with their dicks (I've gotten out of the habit of changing in the locker-room) ... it's just not the place

cornettoconcrema

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At the gym I always kept to myself, said hello to a few regulars and went about my business. After the first year the younger guys began to come on to me ... me daddy? I always made it clear by my actions that I wouldn't make the first move. It paid off in some really good friendships and some good sex. Such restrained behavior was difficult, as by nature I'm a trashy slut.
cornetto

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I've been hit on a couple of times at my gym, and wound up dating the women involved. One of the advantages of meeting people at the gym is that you can usually get a pretty good idea of the person's physique, in advance of getting naked.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So why are there all these threads about being hit on at the gym. A guy stared at me. Someone talked to me. Someone was watching me exercise, and I swear he was looking at my bulge. etc... Why aren't there threads about someone staring at me at church or at a bar or walking down the street, or in class at school. Is it only at the gym that someone is not allowed to talk to you or look at you? Personally I think a lot of you are way beyond paranoid about what? being naked? I have yet to read any stories about how some guy made me have sex with him, or I was raped in the steam room. I have yet to read about an incident that could not have been avoided by either turning the other direction or simply saying thank you, but I am not interested. If you don't want to be talked to, as someone suggested, get an Ipod. If you don't want to be seen naked, then either choose a gym with curtains that you could change behind or shower at home.

I was in Italy this summer and worked out when I got the opportunity. It is the custome there that when a person arrived at the gym, he would go around to each person in the gym, shake his/her hand and say hello whether out on the floor or in the locker room. I was kind of surprised at first, but got thinking about it and thought it was a nice way to encourage a friendly atmosphere to the place. It only took a minute. You guys that freak out about being looked at or talked to, a big warning, don't work out in Italy. It may just put you over the freaking edge.

There, did I solve everyone's problem?

Anyjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I've been hit on more times than I can remember.
I just smile and say "No thanks" and that works fine.

One very polite man near my locker said "you have the most beautiful equipment." I just said "thanks.":biggrin1: