Do you get revenge or move on?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Rubenesque, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    So, when you've been fucked over by a guy in the past... do you choose to get revenge or do the mature thing and move on with life?

I'm currently weighing up the options, deciding which will make me feel better.

Also... if you favour revenge, what method?

2. dolfette

Gold Member

yes i have. he'll never have full use of his hand again.
    but he had ample chance to walk away,
    and he really did deserve it.

but i'm always happy to drop it, IF he'll back off.

3. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

women are wicked creatures, their power to inflict insurmountable levels of humiliation, degradation and pain can be horrific....

....so can i have some tips please ladies?

4. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Move on, hold your head high and NEVER look back.

5. rochard68

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I hope this wasn't for women only to answer.

I think it just depends. Sometimes the best revenge is just dropping it and being happy that it's over. Other times making sure they know you are happier without them makes it much better. Then regrettably there are those that are such worthless members of society that they must pay :mad: lol.

Whatever the case I always go by the saying revenge is a dish best served cold.

6. voidout

Gold Member

living well is the best revenge...

unless he decides to put up his dukes.
    then he'll probably get his ass kicked.

7. voidout

Gold Member

uh...tips on how to do what exactly? not be humiliated?

that's fairly simple. don't let it humiliate you.

8. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

It was a joke :smile: I am looking for ideas to exact revenge! lol

9. voidout

Gold Member

oh. chalk that up as a fail for me. lmao.

10. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Lol, no worries, people rarely get my jokes :frown1: (queue the "that's cos they're seldom funny"!) :rolleyes::biggrin1:

11. NOINRI

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I got it. I didn't laugh......but I got it. :smile:

12. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Lmao, well at least i know not to try stand-up! :biggrin1:

13. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    Move on. Unless he stole something from you (and I'm not talking about cheesy bullshit like "he stole my heart") or abused you, you've got no reason to dwell on the past.... a past that's worse than your future, I might add.

Isn't it enough to just say good riddance?

14. jnj4play

jnj4play New Member

not sure if this was for the ladies only but i'll give my two cents anyway. revenge is tempting so i'll ponder it for a while, but eventually i just move on n im happier once i let go. i always remember KARMA IS A BITCH. ive had ppl screw me over, not in the good way, before n after i walk away it usually turns out to b better.

15. Principessa

Gold Member

Move on. :cool: I once did a rather petty revenge thing (I was like 23). It made me feel better and in a way it did help me to move on.

That said, I have recently been sucker punched by cupid and am having a tad bit of trouble moving on. But I do it one day at a time. I deleted and/or blocked him from my My Space, Face Book, cell phone, and here. I am officially divorcing the crazy from my life. :smile: At 42 I thought I had seen all manner of sleazy, lying, cheating males and knew the warning signs. I was wrong, this one got past my radar. :irked: Make no mistake it will not happen again. :no: The brick walls around my heart are back up, and they ain't coming down again . . . at least not in this millenium. As a matter of fact I am thinking of adding steel re-inforced concrete to my brick wall. :cool:

16. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

moving on with your life and being happy is the best kind of revenge. sure, it'll feel great to make the other person suffer, but in the long run it's not worth all the trouble.

17. Serial Kisser

Serial Kisser Well-Known Member

I do little stupid vindictive things because it makes me laugh.
    Last November, JCPENNEY was sending out a 4 am wake up call on Black Friday so shoppers wouldn't miss the event. So I signed up all the boys who'd hurt me and one ex-coworker who was a bitch.

18. dolfette

Gold Member

bad girl!
    bad!

...i only laughed a tiny bit.

19. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I get revenge, even if it takes me a lifetime. It comes from being completely unable to drop a grudge. The vengeance can sometimes be replaced by schadenfreude, but it's entirely more satisfactory to have caused one's foe's downfall. Call me bitter, call me twisted, but passive agressive runs in my blood.

Thankfully as I get older I find the need for me to bear grudges has diminished as I get better at picking people I wish to have in my life but I still remain convinced of the pleasure of hating. I've also learned to turn these darker aspects of my personality to positive ends for all concerned and to accept the things about me which aren't really all that pretty, as having useful and positive applications.

Here is the noted 19th century writer and philosopher William Hazlitt on this very subject Wm. Hazlitt - "On The Pleasure Of Hating" (c.1826).

Amazon.com: On The Pleasure of Hating (9780143036319): William Hazlitt: Books

20. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    Aw NJ I am super sorry to hear about your troubles. My best to you.

I have to admit I've never been dicked over by someone who didn't deserve a little compassion & understanding for their actions (e.g. mental illness). Maybe that's why revenge never interested me much. If I was ever cheated on however, perhaps I would change my opinion about that. I don't know. When I was a lot younger I had a 4 (or 4-ish) year live-in relationship with a woman. She wanted it to be an open relationship at first (she wanted to date men in addition to me). I agreed because I was young and crazy in love with her. I thought how bad could it be. Well it ended up killing my interest in her because every time I'd step on a condom wrapper in our apartment, I'd die a little on the inside. She ended up changing her tune and wanting more commitment towards the end, but it was already too late for me.

I can't even BEGIN to imagine how it would feel if I discovered a partner had slept with another or others in secret. I'd probably be devastated.

#20 Enid, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted