Do you give to charity?

Popyuu

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If so, what charity do you donate to? Would someone else find that a good charity to donate too as well?

I don't personally have a particular charity i donate to but i do try whenever the opportunity arises. Either while at a store, fast food place or in person on the street to someone that needs it.

Any favorite charities? Or charities you think should get more focus?

Yes - but I'm getting a bit sick of my money being used to send out useless Christmas cards, and crap pens designed to make me give more (which has the opposite effect).

Advertise appeals, but don't bother pestering people with guilt-trip gifts. Stupid.

D

D_Kay_Sarah_Sera

I'm extremely passionate about the homeless, and get more joy from helping people on the streets than from just about anything else in life;

I do have obvious reservations about money, so what I'll typically do is, whenever I see someone who is undoubtedly living out of their backpack-is just go up to them and ask if, since I'm going there anyway (even if I wasn't) I can possibly pick up an extra lunch for them at any nearby drive thru chain..... or if they are sitting in front of a gas station, I'll say something like "hey, if you need anything at all, feel free to come inside with me and just grab anything you want and I'll take care of it. It's my pleasure-and hey, what's your name by the way?"

I know this part will sound a bit weird and perhaps purposefully juxtaposed but it's just a fact. Very often I wind up telling bold faced lies in order to get people to even accept help. Everyone has an ego and nobody wants to feel like they need a handout. It's pride that gets in the way, and when I encounter prideful resistance (which is often) I'll just merrily joke about how I am terminally ill and just trying to do as many nice things as I can before I kick it because I've really fucked up a lot of shit in the past (that part is true) and then usually I get compliance without further issue

I find many homeless people utterly fascinating. Anyway, I just go ahead and let them pick out whatever they want-food, beverages, etc (except alcohol) and then I do not tell anybody about what I do because I feel that somehow cheapens the act of doing good for others. But that's just me. The few times I have gone bragging about my selflessness to friends..... I felt a bit pathetic afterwards.

Don't get me wrong: I encourage others to do good every chance they get. Even if it's just to get a tax write-off, to look good in the presence of others, or feel important due to the implied characteristics of being an altruistic person... Yeah, I don't think it matter really. The ends justify the means here in my book since I secretly think that (myself included) a lot of people who do good deeds.....do them because most of their time is spent doing things that certainly aren't worth bragging about, much less be proud of

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted15807

I donate monthly to help save the increasingly endangered African elephants. What's happening to them is a outrage.

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
[FONT=&quot]As a humanist, my main concerns are the eradication of poverty, inequality and discrimination, lack of access to education and health care, and human rights, especially of the incarcerated. The profit motive needs to be expanded to include people as first priority. We need to get to people focused education, health care and business culture. Focussing on human rights, dignity and respect is the essential first step in this direction.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I run a number of charities. But wont list them here.
[/FONT]

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sure do i donate... they need my money for useless commercials, expensive first class flights and high salaries.
Currently i start to donate to greenpeace, cause they lost 3 million euro at exchange speculations.

No, i dont donate to organisations, cause 99% is waisted money - i try to help in ny local area or if im convinced by a special program, i support it

Wish you all the best at your fight, klingsor

Last edited:

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Wish you all the best at your fight, klingsor

Best of luck.

Thanks very much, guys. To be fair, they tell me I've beaten the cancer. Now I just have to recover from all they did to me--chemo, radiation, major surgery on my neck--in the process. Tough going, but one step at a time. :smile:

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks very much, guys. To be fair, they tell me I've beaten the cancer. Now I just have to recover from all they did to me--chemo, radiation, major surgery on my neck--in the process. Tough going, but one step at a time. :smile:

Good news. Well, get back into fighting shape soon. I'm sure we've got lots to debate.:smile:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good news. Well, get back into fighting shape soon. I'm sure we've got lots to debate.:smile:
I agree and wish to join you in wishing Klingsor all the best.
Also gonna take this opportunity to commend you for the charity work you've done. Money is always good but taking the time to help is surely appreciated more.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
American Red Cross (Disaster Relief).

We had the occasion (for the first and only time in our lives) to be on the receiving end of some assistance from them, in the first weeks after The Storm ('05).

So yep, we give to them.

Popyuu

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well all of this is a nice change of pace. Thank you all for replying. Warms the heart. And special bro fist pump to Klingsor. We're all with ya dude. :smile: