Do you go on dates at all?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Gecko4lif, May 18, 2011.

1. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Out women I know and have had sex with I have only gone on dates with 1.
    1 was my girl friend at the time and 1 was a friend but it was during my "Nice guy" phase so that didnt go anywhere at all.

Both of those were in 10th grade. Since they I have circumvented the whole dating situation not only successfully but rather easily which got me thinking. Who actually still goes on dates anymore?

Is it a more wide spread choice/situation or is it just my instant gratification generation that has disavowed the classical institution of romance?

2. D_ewjjde

D_ewjjde New Member

I feel like dates aren't that common amongst people in our age bracket (19-23).

I went on dates in high school with my girlfriend, but in college, there really wasn't a point. One reason was the lack of money. Its difficult to ask someone out to dinner and a movie when you are struggling just to pay for tuition, housing, food and gas. The other was the ability to fairly easily hook up with girls or have steady fuck buddies.

I think its also a mindset. If you are someone who desperately wants a girlfriend, you might want to go on more dates because you more readily believe each girl is "the one".

For me, I prefer to let those things happen more naturally, so actual "dates" are few and far between. I'm not searching for someone to be with, but if I stumble across her, then I could definitely see myself going through the whole dating game.

3. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good post.

I plan on going on dates in the future but only when im looking for the right child bearing partner. Until then let the free love fly.

4. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i like going on date, half the fun in the asking and the planning. asking out women is a given, not to kiss ass or con ya way into pantyville... getting to know her is the lovlery. even though me and the boy are a steady thang we still ask each other out on dates.

i suppose the straight to sex moments are grand if all you are looking for a quick rut. when ya find someone interesting spending time is the loverly.

5. dolfette

Gold Member

i don't date anymore.
    not for a long time.

6. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is it because of the knives?

7. PerfectlySexy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    People have very different ideas of what constitutes a "date". I feel like I go on dates a lot, that is, a planned event to spend time with someone with whom there is some mutual romantic interest. But it feels more casual and less formal than what is presented culturally. Many people would use the term "hang out with" instead of "going on a date with". The term "dating" has more of a connotation of seriousness and commitment in the US today I think.

8. dolfette

Gold Member

sort of!

9. MrHangman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I go on dates. I love dating.

10. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    I meet guys for drinks or coffee but I don't consider them dates. It is just to evaluate if there is a mutual attraction and make sure the guy is not a psycho. I don't know. Maybe that is a date.

11. D_Sir_Auquhorthy_Asspuddle

Mind you I am not 20 anymore, but yes, I do go on dates and such. In fact, I was taken on a date with a colleague and it was nice. He left my house at 2 AM to go home to his wife. haha. I mean kind of sad, but he termed it a date and all this nonsense. Oh well, it was on his dime, what I can I say. haha

12. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've been on dates but it's not how I met my LTR partners. They tended to be people I met in the course of work or in social situations with whom I got to be friendly and then took it the next step. Dates can be artificial. I've slept with guys and gone on dates later, but for some reason they don't correlate in my brain with sexual relations.

Perhaps I am a precursor to this dateless generation you posit.

13. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    I love dates. There is something really hot about spending an evening in a dark, romantic place, checking out whether or not a woman has something you want...

14. minimag

minimag Active Member

Albums:
    I don't really interact with people on a social level.

15. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I'm not even sure what constitutes a date. Is it simply a meeting with the idea of budding romance? If so, I never even went on dates before the age of 23. I guess I went on a handful of dates when I was single and interested in meeting people. At this time, the last date was years ago. I never had a good comfort level with going on a date...all the expectations and roles. If I wanted to go out with friends, I just went out with friends. I felt much better calling the activity "hanging out" than "dating" which seemed 1950s antiquated to me.

16. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i'd so ask Ms. Dolfette out on a date :shysmile:

17. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have gone on dates with some guys who wanted to "take it slowly", and then, only if I was interested in potentially being a couple with them. The best one, the one which really got my mind racing and blood pumping was one on which we went to a party at my friend's house, and proceeded to whisper into each other's ears all evening. He had to go to work after, so I walked him to the train since I was staying, and he gave me the sweetest kiss on the steps. Even though we no longer had to combat loud party music, he whispered into my ear again, "Wow, I like that. Good night, [AlteredEgo's real name]."

My husband and I dated, and continue to date each other. Sometimes, if I forget to put on my ring he jokes that he's stepping out with his girlfriend, and admonishes me not to tell his wife. Hahahaha. God, I love that man.

On our last date, we went to Bass Pro Shops, bought some camping gear, shot at the range, and ate at the restaurant there. We went over theoretical evacuation plans for "the zombie apocalypse" made out a little, and went home to care for our pets. It was nice. In a couple of weeks, we will go to the beach, and that will be a date too. I will make us a picnic, and we'll lay out in the sun and do our homework for school. It's a study date.

When I was single, I was mostly not interested in finding a boyfriend. I just wanted the sex, not any commitments. I went out with the guys I fucked, we did all sorts of activities someone on the outside of the relationship might have thought was dating. But we were just friends doing fun things. We went to amusement parks, bowled, rode horses, hiked, dined out, saw movies, and that sort of thing, but the idea was to go get a few laughs or a stimulating experience with a friend, and then decide where to have sex. The main objective for meeting was the sex. The activity was just something one or both of us intended to do, and the other of us was just as good a person to do those things with as anybody.

#17 AlteredEgo, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  18. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mr. AE is definitely a keeper :tongue:

19. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Er, the only people that you might go on dates with are people who you don't meet in a bar or club, & those of them, that you can't have sex with straight away, for one reason or another.

It's been that way since the advent of the pill I think - I can't remember a time before it.:biggrin1:

Dates are for seeing someone you've already had sex with & really want to get to know (& then have sex with again afterwards - & then just because you love them).

Wanting a woman to have your kids at your age, or not having a full adult relationship (without thinking about impregnating her!), er, no - you'll be missing out on the training, & learning about women that you'll need to help you when you meet that special someone down the line.

If you only do pit stops with a woman, you'll crash & burn doing several laps with a classy model, & could miss out. Know thine prey young apprentice.

20. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

okay, I'm 59 and dating was a long time ago. but yeah, I went on a lot of dates in high school and college and didn't have much money. I think you younger generation folks need to learn how to do shit without spending a lot of money. when my wife and I started dating, many a nite, we had a couple bucks, and 4 smokes. after a couple beers, and 2 hours fucking in the back seat of my car, we smoked the last 2 smokes and I took her home. the next night we probably did the same. 35 yrs later we are still together, retired and worth about $1.1mil, and grandparents. just the other nite, after fucking. I mentioned the old days when it was just me & her, my cock and her pussy, and we stayed busy for hours. how our first house was so drafty, the wind would blow the candle out in the living room and the windows were closed. there's a lot more to this world than material things. they don't make you happy or in love, they make life easier.

wise up!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted