Do you go shirtless at home and elsewhere

ColonialBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey there, I've realised that so guys are really comfortable going shirtless and others are not. I've been overweight all my life & I remember at age 10 not wearing a tank top because I though I would look too fat. The only place I'm shirtless is at the pool, and I realise going shirtless is an issue for me.

Here's a few thoughts
- my dad was often shirtless in summer even though he was as overweight as I am
- at age 20 I lived in a house with 4 guys & nobody when shirtless
- I remember Dr Phi's wife saying she had a rule 'shirts on in the kitchen', so apparently Dr Phil & sons go shirtless
- woman I worked with complained her boyfriend watches TV just in underwear

SO do you go shirtless in front of parents/kids/friends/workmates/ sporting teammates?

wayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sure. Why not. Seems like on a hot day out surprised more men don't take off shirt. I'm talking on their own time. Guys in Canada are almost afraid to be seen shirtless. It's too prudish I think. Slim or not who cares its summer

D

deleted110426

If company is over no. Majority of the time I'm in Nike mesh shorts only. Plus it's hot as hell where I live.

Reactions: BigDee3

mamoila

Experimental Member
Media
Do what's Comfortable for you. I go shirtless at home and beach, my pool. I'm regular build but descent chest, stomach. I've got thick brown hair on chest, most like it.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was growing up, I would always be shirtless. We had to walk home from school, and I would always stop and take off my shoes, socks and my shirt...still to this day I prefer to be nearly naked when at home. Usually just a pair of shorts. If I am at my mom's and I get hot, I will take off my shirt. It was and is normal for us....:smile:

HFOStimmer

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At home, I am alone 99.5% of the time, so it depends on the temperature. I was shirtless all day yesterday, but it got chilly in here later in the evening. Since I have been getting in shape the past seven months, I am wandering outside more and more shirtless, so far only on the front porch. At this rate, I should be able to go out in the yard shirtless by next summer and get a tan on more than just my arms.

Young

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to never go shirtless... when I was about 200 pounds, at 6'1".
Lately I lost a lot of wait, now I'm around 180 and I feel much better about my body. I now walk around a shirt without a problem, but only at home or at the beach.

I'm still no supermodel but I don't have a beer belly anymore. :rolleyes:

Attachments

Reactions: AussieBenuncut

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My house get very hot in Summer, so yes. But only inside and not during meal-times or around non-family visitors. I'm quite overweight so I'm far too embarrassed to expose my big white belly and floppy moobies to the outside world. Even at the beach/pool I will keep my shirt on - even when I'm IN the water! Thankfully I'm a red-head so I can use my super-pasty, easily-burned skin as an excuse for covering up.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Clothing is completely optional at my house. I rarely have anything on at home unless someone is visiting and they are uncomfortable and then I throw a sarong on or something.
When I was younger we had to wear a shirt at the table during any meal unless we were eating by the pool; further short pants were disallowed after dark. I think these rigid rules are the reason I'm so indifferent to clothing regulations now.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been overweight all my life & I remember at age 10 not wearing a tank top because I though I would look too fat. The only place I'm shirtless is at the pool, and I realise going shirtless is an issue for me.

You know, it's funny...I never used to go shirtless because I felt I was too skinny and would look like a bag of bones if I wore a tank top. I still don't wear them, but I've gotten more comfortable with shirtlessness.

Unless the house is really cold, I'm usually shirtless, often naked, around the house. It's just my husband and I, so it's no big deal. With most friends I'll go shirtless on hot days; with a few I'll go totally naked.

You know what helped me? Going to a nude beach a few times. I got to see just how actual people look naked (as opposed to those perfectly-lit, make-uped, photoshop-generated people in most media), and felt loads better about my own body.

I'm incredibly skinny, and my roommate is overweight and hairy. The other roommate is female. Our rule is as long is everything is covered, it's okay. When she isn't around, the rule is "nobody gives a fuck"

Hah, I had a very similar situation, only it was when the guy roommate was gone that the "nobody gives a fuck" rule came in to play.

LargeSide

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Hah, I had a very similar situation, only it was when the guy roommate was gone that the "nobody gives a fuck" rule came in to play.

Heh. I lived in the dorms with this guy for a year, so there isn't much left to be modest about.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Heh. I lived in the dorms with this guy for a year, so there isn't much left to be modest about.

Yeah, I remember that time of my life. It's a lot like a relationship, isn't it? At first you're trying to be proper and shit, but after about eight months of living in the same space it's all un-self-conscious farting and ass scratching, innit?

LargeSide

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, I remember that time of my life. It's a lot like a relationship, isn't it? At first you're trying to be proper and shit, but after about eight months of living in the same space it's all un-self-conscious farting and ass scratching, innit?

After seeing a person naked so many times, it just doesn't phase you!

hd4me2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I sleep shirtless so therefore wont normally put a shirt on until I get a chill or I am leaving the house. I do my yard work and work on my motor vehicles shirtless if it's warm.