Do you guys believe in Karma?

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know, Karma isn't about revenge and i think it is not an option whether to believe it or not. It's a logical cause-effect thing. As you believe that dropping the glass from your hand will end up breaking it, Karma is exactly the same. If you act somehow, your action has consequences...so it is NOT about REVENGE. It's about the knowledge that your actions have consequences. Can you not believe it?
By the way, Karma is one thing, God is someone else. The first thing doesn't exclude the second...

You know, Karma isn't about revenge and i think it is not an option whether to believe it or not. It's a logical cause-effect thing. As you believe that dropping the glass from your hand will end up breaking it, Karma is exactly the same. If you act somehow, your action has consequences...so it is NOT about REVENGE. It's about the knowledge that your actions have consequences. Can you not believe it?
By the way, Karma is one thing, God is someone else. The first thing doesn't exclude the second...

Karma is about believing how your actions may affect someone else, and how anothers actions may affect yours. Karma in essence is conscience. You are right, it's the reaction to an action.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobbyboyle

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Everything eventually dies, even stars, then they are created again from what was there before.
Stars aren't actually alive though, are they. They're balls of hot plasma. Not the same as you or I.

Whilst some sort of karma-like justice would be nice, there is way too much evidence that evil people do not always suffer in their lives. In fact, those who are willing to be corrupt and do immoral deals often find themselves rather well off in society. Another problem is that karma would rely on a metaphysical or universal definition of good and evil. Don't see how that would work.

Stars aren't actually alive though, are they. They're balls of hot plasma. Not the same as you or I.

Whilst some sort of karma-like justice would be nice, there is way too much evidence that evil people do not always suffer in their lives. In fact, those who are willing to be corrupt and do immoral deals often find themselves rather well off in society. Another problem is that karma would rely on a metaphysical or universal definition of good and evil. Don't see how that would work.
While they not be 'alive', they are what keep us alive. Stars are basically made up of the same elments we are, or if you like, the other way around.

They also help keep our imagination alive as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i guess i believe in natural law, or maybe i should say universal law.
cause and effect. once a good or a bad cause is manifested it becomes an irreversible permanent record of truth that cannot be concealed or eradicated.
Ralph Waldo Emerson called the law of cause and effect "the law of laws".

Last edited:

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my case, it is not so much of whether I believe in karma or not; it is more like "I dare not NOT believe in karma" - just in case it really exists.

Whoever believes in Karma is just butthurt and can't do anything about it.

D_Sam Rockswell

Experimental Member
Media
If there is such a thing as karma (not sayin there is or isn't) i would venture a guess that we as human beings would have a seriously difficult time pinning it down and proving it as we saw it (either way that is).

What is perceived as karma to one may be something completely different in the eyes of someone else. Bad things happen to good people and good things do happen to bad people.

I've even heard the theory that people can be punished for something they're "about" to do like in minority report. I think the whole idea of karma is base in fate vs freewill an all that jazz. With a little bit of space time continuum mixed in :p

Whoever believes in Karma is just butthurt and can't do anything about it.
Funny, I find it the ones who have their arses repeatedly kicked are the ones who don't understand it.

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
How one perceives things is karma. That is an effect of a cause. the next move you make either perpetuates your karmic tendencies or changes it. The ability for one to change a destiny or pattern of life is within that person. No one decides or make you do anything. You choose. The ability to choose is karma. If all your life choices, conspicuous or inconspicuous cause you happiness than they are good, disregarding anyone's judgement of it. Choice that cause you suffering are bad, though others may think of it as good.

What it really comes down to it for me as a Buddhist, is I take resposibility for my past actions, as many has stated based on the concept of cause and effect. Cant change the past, and make causes to ensure that that those that i make lead to positive results for me and those I touch and influence.

This just a simple response just to share. Pm me if you really want to know.:wink:

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes, i do believe in karma. However, i do not try to do good things because i think i will get good things back. I do them because i think it is the right thing to do. I do not believe that just because i do good deeds, it will protect me from everything bad.

I believe that people who constantly do hurtful or criminal things, will eventually be on the receiving end of justice or in turn be the victim of another more powerful criminal or bully. As others have said, there is a cause and effect, which is cyclical. It may not manifest in the short term of someones life but i believe it will return.

I know there are many holes in my logic, but these are my beliefs. Call it a kind of faith.

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My family is Hindu, and our idea of karma is much more sophisticated and also there are many more versions and forms. Still, I don't consider it something to believe in - just a philosophy. Like most philosophy, of course much of the arguments are questionable.