Do you hate Christmas?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to say that it's my favorite time of the year! I grew up jewish and my half-brother was raised christian so we celebrated "The Holidays" Some of my best memories are from this time of year. I love how everything gets all tarted up for the holidays.
I love the food, music, parties and the overall holiday spirit for those who choose to embrace it.
We spend Christmas eve with friends who are christian, jewish, agnostic, athesists and muslim... it's the most delightful party of the year with no talk of religion, politics; but rather the spirit of our lives and friendship.
My partner and I have each brought to each other our family traditions and we have made a few of our own.
XYZ if you don't like the traditions and the ingredients of this time of year create your own... A friend of mine goes to Aruba every year to get away from it all (You would like him, he is cute and he does that helicopter thing just like you)

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I despise Christmas and Thanksgiving (hell every holiday AND my birthday for that matter). Growing up, the holidays meant that my mom was going to either be whacked out or in the psych ward. As a teen, holidays were spent walking on eggshells, as it was time for mom to be whacked out and/or dad to be a violent drunk. As an adult, holidays were spent filled with dread, as mom would be whacked out (and then crash hard not to long afterwards), things would be akward, and 5 of the last 6 years were spent with her clinging to life in the hospital or being whacked out and queen bitch in a nursing home. So do I hate Christmas? Hell the fuck yes!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with nearly everything you wrote in the OP (that dreadful, horrible music!) except that I enjoy any excuse to enjoy a party.

When I go home for Christmas, it's when everyone else does, too. It's always at Christmas parties where I end up running into people I haven't seen in years but whom I missed and adored once upon a time, and that always makes a Christmas party more special to me. :smile:

You find the silver lining in the cloud.

I try! :biggrin1:

So do at least some of mine.
We need to drop our pictures of Xmas.
And then we can enjoy it for what it is.
The prime party period of the year.

Hell, yes! Last year I think we partied nearly every night starting on Christmas day all the way to New Year's Eve! It was great!

I'm going to miss all the parties this year. Going to be recovering, spending time with my tiny family and a brand new person, too far away from my friends. Christmas is going to be something new and different for us this year.

(You would like him, he is cute and he does that helicopter thing just like you)

Wait, helicopter thing? There's a helicopter thing Zed does? :biggrin1:

D

deleted3782

XYZ if you don't like the traditions and the ingredients of this time of year create your own... A friend of mine goes to Aruba every year to get away from it all (You would like him, he is cute and he does that helicopter thing just like you)

Ya...for the past six or seven years I've bailed on the USA and gone to Europe for Christmas. It helps...I'd go crazy if I had to stay here. Helicopter eh? Do you have a phone number for this helicopter pilot??? :cool:

aviators

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!! IT MAKES MY WORLD THAT MUCH BETTER!
everything about it just excites me and makes me happy
all the craziness of people shopping, traveling, putting up decorations etc. etc
i love all of it

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ya...for the past six or seven years I've bailed on the USA and gone to Europe for Christmas. It helps...I'd go crazy if I had to stay here. Helicopter eh? Do you have a phone number for this helicopter pilot??? :cool:

Yes I do have his number! I could set you up on a blind date... as long as you get here before 19, December; otherwise if you come to NY we go ice skating on Christmas!
Last year I thought would be the last holiday in NYC and luckily circumstances are allowing yet another season. It would appear that all future holidays will be in Hawaii which is great but I love NY during the holidays because of my friends and extended family!

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
I like the idea of getting away for the holiday. When I lived in New Orleans, if you wanted to avoid Mardi Gras in February, the best solution I found was to go skiing in Colorado at that time of year.

As far as Christmas goes, I wouldn't say I hate it. I love it from about the evening of 12/21 on through noon or so on Christmas Day. Outside of that window, it's all irritating!