Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hmm, to say I hate Christmas itself might be inaccurate... it's more like I hate how wrong everything has gone.

Family reunions, sharing of gifts, and holiday music are fine, but overdoing ANY of them is god-damned awful!

Really, I honestly think that a significant number of people have lost sight of what Christmas was supposed to be about. After all, the sheer extravagance of a shopping mall during the Christmas season seems to indicate that people are moving more towards being materialistic than generous during Christmas.

In my humble opinion, Christmas should be a simple affair. Meeting up with some family members who are usually far away, maybe giving someone else something that they really need, and generally being contented with life for at least that one day (if you aren't already contented).

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My final take on it ..
is that overall i dont think we actually hate Xmas
we do bring our Kids up to acknowledge such,
long may that take place cant deny the kids some enjoyment
irrespective of the religious aspect - when they grow up, they go there own paths anyway
As for adults, well i suppose some of us like to remain kids at heart, forever
others just want to be Killjoys, hahah
a 2 week odd festive period is far more important to me, than the actual 'meaning of christmas'
enz

MH07

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I truly hate it (all of it).

I continue to hang around with family because of Dad (he's 87). When he's not here any longer---Aruba, here I come.

I had a friend who went to Acapulco for decades for Christmas (to get away from it). Always sounded like the perfect plan.

Thank God it's over for a whle (I'd say a year, but it's starting on Halloween these days).