Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am definitely not in need of any attention. I have no one to talk about half of the things I go through. I come from an extremely religious christian family and I cant even say the word "gay" in my family. I come here to have conversations with other guys/men like me who are gay and who might face similar issues to me.

Secondly the gay scene right now comprises of guys only wanting a thin, muscular, sculptured body. Its really hard. Mentally. I just turned 23 and the guy who refused me seemed to ignore everything I had to offer but care more on my body not being skinny enough. He is the only guy I liked and believed that we might have something. Just have a look around, its literally all that gay men are looking out for. I'm not blaming my community i'm just saying that its really predominant

Lastly not everyone has the privilege to be able to be loved for who they are and then not being loved for not having the right body.
I do understand the tough, love I really but the reason I created the post was just to understand if others like me went through the same thing maybe at my age. I will work on myself and I'm not looking for sympathy but maybe just advice and just to have a conversation with others who are maybe going through the same thing as me and might not be brave enough to share what they feel

Hey man, I totally went off the deep end in some of my replies. I would delete most of them had the opportunity to do so not expired (though I would have kept my initial post, which I felt was harmless).

I was not raised in a religious family, and I had all sorts of support growing up that I could easily take for granted. I had all sorts of privilege there. (I did not grow up good looking though. I was very fat, but around 18 I lost 80 pounds by going vegetarian for a while).

the best thing I can do at this point to redeem myself is to restate my experience in a more encouraging way. I did survive my early twenties somehow, which were certainly miserable and confused and lost; it probably took me until about 27 or 28 to really understand what self-respect is. I think my posts were really just trying to promote self-respect, I just happened to do it in a really vitriolic and inconsiderate way, and for what it's worth: I'm sorry, dude. But I do think when you get through whatever you have to get through, it will all be about developing self-respect and self-love, there will be really hard lessons but also really compassionate help that will help get you there. You've all ready shown that you have the ability to explain yourself and stand up for yourself when you're misunderstood just by your response to me, which shows me you have everything you need to take care of yourself. Just keep at it, and dump that loser that wants you thin because he's probably a moron.

All the best dude, and again I apologize for invading your thread with my short-tempered behavior.

Hey man, I totally went off the deep end in some of my replies. I would delete most of them had the opportunity to do so not expired (though I would have kept my initial post, which I felt was harmless).

I was not raised in a religious family, and I had all sorts of support growing up that I could easily take for granted. I had all sorts of privilege there. (I did not grow up good looking though. I was very fat, but around 18 I lost 80 pounds by going vegetarian for a while).

the best thing I can do at this point to redeem myself is to restate my experience in a more encouraging way. I did survive my early twenties somehow, which were certainly miserable and confused and lost; it probably took me until about 27 or 28 to really understand what self-respect is. I think my posts were really just trying to promote self-respect, I just happened to do it in a really vitriolic and inconsiderate way, and for what it's worth: I'm sorry, dude. But I do think when you get through whatever you have to get through, it will all be about developing self-respect and self-love, there will be really hard lessons but also really compassionate help that will help get you there. You've all ready shown that you have the ability to explain yourself and stand up for yourself when you're misunderstood just by your response to me, which shows me you have everything you need to take care of yourself. Just keep at it, and dump that loser that wants you thin because he's probably a moron.

All the best dude, and again I apologize for invading your thread with my short-tempered behavior.

its alright, you had an opinion and you shared it and i'm fine with that
thank you for your positive response , I do respect and like it a lot , thank you :heart:

Reactions: dreambridger

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Man, that was really cool. I know you didn't do this for me, and that you don't need my approval, this isn't that. I'm genuinely impressed, its rare to see guys take the time to apologize when called out, and so you know, I don't make judgments deeper than what i read on the post, and even if I do, they're really just me acknowledging how someone's words make me feel... its unfair of me to really consider any more than that, even if it might seem so from the prose...I rarely respond that pointedly, so I too apologize for being over the top when i didn't have to be. This is really a pretty awesome thread, in the end.

dreambridger

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Man, that was really cool. I know you didn't do this for me, and that you don't need my approval, this isn't that. I'm genuinely impressed, its rare to see guys take the time to apologize when called out, and so you know, I don't make judgments deeper than what i read on the post, and even if I do, they're really just me acknowledging how someone's words make me feel... its unfair of me to really consider any more than that, even if it might seem so from the prose...I rarely respond that pointedly, so I too apologize for being over the top when i didn't have to be. This is really a pretty awesome thread, in the end.

Definitely feeling a healing vibe here all around. Thanks for sharing that process with me. :)