Do you hate your job?

Sirius Black

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do... in a way.

Crap money mainly, long hours too.

However, it's extremely flexible, and easy. Often I don't have to do anything =/

How about you?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No,

As with all jobs it has its challenges. But I feel quite lucky to do something I enjoy at this point in time and what I was trained to do. Ask me tommorrow and I might have a different answer.

julian32

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I hate to say this, but at the moment in the current economic climate I do, worst thing is I own the company :-(

Big Don

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I hate my job to an extent. I get paid poorly, have to put in full shifts 6 days a week, and I do the job of 5 people.

I do love what I do, however, and I like being so multi-talented in case more budget cuts. It's always good to be hard to replace.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm lucky to love what I do. I'm good at it and I'm expanding the business. I'm very lucky to have two contracts signed which will take until summer 2011 to complete. Four years ago I made a decision to only focus the very highest end of our market and I think that has paid off. The people who can afford us are cash rich and have no need finance the work.

A big part of the job I do is managing people. Keeping the workers under discipline, yet happy is important. Also, having good relations with suppliers is extremely important given our specialized requirements and out of the way location. Managing the customer's expectations has been important. I often have to convince them into believing that the simple solution is what is best for them.

I also love to solve construction problems. I have the ability to think and problem solve in 3-D. I can look at 2 dimensional construction plans and quickly put a 3-D picture of the finished product together in my head.

I hate parts of the job. Namely bookkeeping and accounting. I just don't have the brain for it, it's boring for me and therefore leave that to a trusted outside advisor.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Generally I like it a lot ... even though my inherent restlessness and ambition mean I am always on the lookout for the next opportunity.

I think I'm very good at what I do and my career progress in the years since college reflects that. I've picked up a lot of new skills, so my future prospects seem bright. I enjoy my work and feel it is important. It clearly has an impact far beyond my organization.

Most people in my sector would love to be where I am. Others find the work I do interesting, too: I attended a student-alumni networking event put on by my alma mater earlier this week and a lot of the undergrads were clamoring to know more about what I do and how to get into this field.

Sure, there are plenty of workplace morons who tax my patience, but that's true everywhere. So with that as the main downside I think I do pretty well.

Steve

johnuncut1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I work in a production facility where the demand for production is high and keeping cost low is a priority. Its not that I hate it, it pays the bills, but I wish I would have gotten into something else.

barkerfan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love my job. Admitted, there are aspects I hate at times, but essentially it's my dream job. I get to travel over 1/2 the year. I go to places I would never think to go to or be able to go to otherwise. I meet amazing people and I get to train others, which is my passion. In the last year I have gotten to travel not only domestically but internationally as well. Once to the Philippines and once to India. In a couple of weeks, I get to go to India again. I am very grateful for the oppertunities I have been given and wouldn't want to give them up for anything at this point in my life.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love my "job" -- I write and doodle (illustrate)... which is exactly what I planned to do with my life when I was 8 years old, after being seriously bitten by the literary bug. (Thank you Tolkien, Wordsworth, Longfellow, Kippling and Lewis Carrol.)

I do, however, have to deal with aspects of the business that bore my brains to death. I also have to do the occasional web site or marketing strategy for an old friend, but hey, it keeps me up to date on technology and such.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I do for money the very thing I would be doing for fun if I had to have a regular job.
I am my own boss... have a 3 mile commute... pick my own hours....

Of course I love my job.

camchain

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
jobs no. it was the people that worked there. did 10 years in 3 factorys, worst time of my working life, never again.
job i have now is fantastic love it to bits, and want to stay there till i retirer.