Do you have a "Bar Name" ???

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
what kind of bars do you people go that you need to have fake names? :confused:
Bars with men in them. Next time you go out, instead of watching girls, watch the people who are watching girls. If I don't use my "bar name" five times this week (with or without any visits to the local watering hole) I'll be surprised.

My real name is unusual so stalkers could find me too easily if I used it. My bar name is the same name as I tell people I meet on AFF or even POF at first - Kay. Kay is actually a nickname for me and I was called that some in college too.
This is my issue too.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No bar name. I just say no, in a nice or not-so-nice way.
I am totally OK with being rude to the creepy or too aggressive guy... bar, here, or anywhere else.

Khana

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Maybe I ought to go to a bar sometime >.> I love teasing guys, and it sounds like a fine opportunity. I used to go to a bar for lunch at work (cheap as hell meal, tasty, and the bartender gave me free coke). That was fun, but the only guys I teased there were the bartenders XD

It's never once occurred to me to not use my real name. I mean, I got a job as an adult massage attendant, and the guy Told me to make up a name (First thing I thought of was Rogue, from X-men, because of my hairstyle, yeah, I know :p) But for personal use, never thought of it.

That may be fun to try sometime.

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sally - common, girlie, and similar-enough sounding that if a friend slips up, it probably won't be picked up.

It's worth pointing out that 'bar names' are most commonly invoked when some drunk boor has interrupted out conversation and imposed himself on us. If it's a guy who has approached in a respectful way, then I'll usually give him the time of day.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG, I had to literally laugh at loud at this memory! I rarely have had to use a bar name, but I have a close friend who gave me a memorable one!

Meg and I were together at a bar in Atlanta and these two guys started hitting on us, but in a nice way. I forget what she said her name was but I'll never forget what she called me: Bebe Areola!

If I wasn't so shocked when I heard it I would have laughed uncontrollably. Instead, I giggled so much I couldn't even speak. Of course, the guys took that as a come on and they persisted. Every time they said Bebe I could not control myself and kept giggling.

It didn't help one bit that Meg said we were a gay couple. They took that as a challenge. Nice guys - dense as posts, but nice.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my younger bar days I was always Chelsea. Its very strange how guys always seem to know when I use a fake name no matter how common it may be. My name is very unique so I hate using it and besides nobody ever hears it correctly over the noise anyway so I get a lot of "whaaaatt???"

OlderGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bob Loblaw.

Say it out loud...

I use it in restaurants, too, spelling it out L-O-B-L-A-W, just to hear them call my name when my table is ready. My kids think it's awesome, my wife rolls her eyes and hides.

If it sounds familiar, he was the lawyer in Arrested Development played by Scott Baio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwWAsNZTnug

Last edited: