Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From what I've gathered from the responses from two threads, my:

http://www.lpsg.org/248086-how-often-do-you-want.html

... and subgirrl's:

http://www.lpsg.org/254091-how-often-do-you-want.html

...it seems that some people have a distinct space and time when sex goes above and beyond pleasurable to, for lack of better terms, divine. For my wife and I it's when her deep spot opens up and I feel my cockhead slip in. We can sit there and grind her backstop for as long as either of us can stand it. Sometimes I cum and have to stop, sometimes she gets sore and has to ease off until we can go that deep again.

It's this place, this floaty place, that if we had our way, we would never leave. Does sex bring about that floaty place for you, or does something else, entirely unrelated to sex, get you there?

This poll is sort of a work in progress question I have for everyone. So if anyone has another angle they feel needs to be surveyed, this is the place to let me know.

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok I will try to be brief just for lack of time, but i wanted to respond at least once after i voted.

I have a floaty space. I describe it as feeling like i am slightly detactched from my body. The bodily sensations are keeping me there but my mind seems well beyond the purely physical. I tend to get there right at tht moment of orgasm if I am fucking my FB or before if he cums sooner, when his ass is clenching uncontrolably on my cock. If it is th right before i cum type it is at that point of no return, when you know your going to lose it. I like to pull out to the tight first ring for the initila volly and then bury to the hilt. As this is happening he willl start to massage my shaft and hed with his guts, which launches me into a strange floaty type space in my head. If he cums first the spasms of his orgasm pull me with him there. I like this better as i can stay there longer, ususally till I cum.

When I am bottoming, I can get there but it varies by angle and lentgh of time he's been fucking me. Also which round we are going. I am teased ther by prostate stim in the early rounds and catpulted there in the latter from just overall sensory overload.

Either way my floaty space feels like I m arriving at the real me. The me who in unencumbered by things lik worry and fer. There is only the two of us. Time stretches out, seconds seem like minutes. The physical sensation rolls through my entire body, not just my ass or dick. Then things seem to speed back up, and there is a falling(?) sensation or perhaps one of being contained or a sensory dampening. Thats as close s I can describe it for me. I don't dislike that trasnition either. My yes tend to refocus and I begin to hear all the other sounds around us again. It's kinda cool. I almost like reaching the floaty space just for that part, the reun to noraml head space.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've felt this before on different levels. When we are together I always feel this light sensation and swelling of my heart. Like I'm bursting from the inside. But this to me is different than when we have been too long apart and we finally join. The love is almost overwhelming and it has made me very emotional at times. And one special occasion when we tried tantra, we were sitting much like rawdogs photo and she was rocking back and forth. We were mentally doing an energy exchange exercise. We started to vibrate, atleast it felt that way and my entire body was tingling and I felt like I was cunning but it didnt stop and she had tears in her eyes just rocking back and forth. That for me, and us, was divine. We talked about it and it was a very special time for us. That floaty place is something we are trying to work back too but haven't had time to de-stress and work on it. But that floaty place is just awesome. I'm tingly just thinking about it.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My floaty place comes with sex with one particular man. Every time. I've never felt this during sex before but with him...it's from start to finish. It's a body/head rush the whole time.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My floaty place . . . (apologies for the ramble ahead of time. I'm still trying to find accurate ways of describing my floaty place).

The floaty place isn't something I manage to access all the time, with all partners. Nor is it linked directly to orgasm for me. With my favourite FB I go straight into the floaty place almost as soon as he speaks, and I remain there until the end of the session. With other partners I may not get there at all, or it might be only momentary, although with one past partner I used to spend a fair amount of time in the floaty place (not as much as with my favourite FB).

Although many of the affects of my floaty place, and some of the things that get me there are psychological, my floaty place itself is actually very much physiologically based. I'm guessing that it's a result of rampaging hormones and neurotransmitters. When I'm in the floaty place, I literally feel like I'm floating. My head is all fuzzy. In the same way that alcohol and drugs have physiological effects on the brain, my floaty place has it's own physiological aspects. As hil mentioned, it's a high, and a bit like being delirious. This physical high is very much part of what makes it so addictive for me. If it could be bottled or smoked, I would be taking it.

Physical effects of the floaty place . . . The floaty place makes me feel completely disconnected from reality. I lose control of my body (although my ability to suck cock seems to remain intact :biggrin1:). I lose control of my mouth (seriously, I can't put together a word, let alone a sentence). I can't put a thought together. I don't feel physical sensations in a conscious sense anymore, although I obviously still feel them as they are part of what is keeping me floating and orgasming. Apparently my eyes roll back in my head and they get a strange glazed look.

Psychological effects . . . Again, the disconnected from reality thing comes into play. I feel as though I am no longer tethered to reality. Nothing else exists except for the feelings resulting from the sex we are having. But unlike Nico and RawDog, I don't feel it as an affirmation of self. I feel it as a loss of self. I no longer have any connection to the person I think of as me, nor am I conscious of having a self.

I find the floaty place utterly thrilling and addictive, and utterly terrifying all at once. The lack of sense of self and the complete vulnerability of it scares me. I always want more, yet the idea of being there permanently scares the hell out of me.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wanted to try and clairify my thoughts a bit better. I was talking to subgirrl this morn and as she was telling me her description of her floaty place. She was saying that it was the opposite of RD'd and mine (as she stated here). I would say that here description of losing who she is, the " I no longer have any connection to the person I think of as me", is not inherently opposed ot what I feel (I will let RD speak for himself). When I say it feels like I am arriving at the real me, the one who is unencumbered by everything, I see it as not so much the opposite of what she is expereincing, but maybe the other side of the same coin.

I feel as if i am going to the very core of who I am. All the stuff that may be thought of as "me" all the worries and daily travails, the transient hopes and needs, these fall away. I am reduced( or perhaps elavated?) to the pure core of who i am. I am lucky in that i can share it with my FB.i am aware of when he is there with me and when he isn't. Sometimes he is at the periphery of it. I am vaguely aware of what my body is doing. It has taken the better part of a year to really concentrate enough to be able to describe it. And that was only through RD's prodding me to In doing so I find that I can't enter it as easily, or stay as long. For me (very unlike Mr. RD) I can't analyze it and stay there at the same time, lol!

I can reverse chain the events later. I can key into my (thankfully!) wonderful memory and look at it from that vantage. I can almost get there through thinking of it, but haven't tried:redace:

Feeling tingling and out of it, is just the first stage, before the total floaty feeling. I do compare it to feeling high. The only other time I come close to it is kinda silly. On a hot day, that initial moment of breaking the surface of the water (not jarringly cold water but refreshingly cool water) almost mimics it for me. The unexpected change in temp cinfuses my nervous system a bit, bith exciting and calming it simultaneuosly. I can feel my self (the superficial self) slipping away, the whittling to the core me taking place. But this floaty-ish place is only mine. There is no other person in it. None. And it is short lived, a few seconds if that. Still, it is the closest I have approached it outside the heat of passion of my FB and me.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My floaty place comes with sex with one particular man. Every time. I've never felt this during sex before but with him...it's from start to finish. It's a body/head rush the whole time.

Yes!! I only started having my floaty place with my wife. Never experienced it before, and am totally clueless if I can experience this with anyone else.

The floaty place isn't something I manage to access all the time, with all partners. Nor is it linked directly to orgasm for me.

If the two aren't linked can you be in the floaty place and never experience an orgasm? For MrsR it seems to be linked. She gets into this trance, keeps moving has an orgasm, keeps moving has another orgasm, keeps moving, etc. It's like instead of peaks and valleys it's peaks and almost peak, then peak, then almost peak. her orga-orga-orgasms.

With my favourite FB I go straight into the floaty place almost as soon as he speaks, and I remain there until the end of the session. With other partners I may not get there at all, or it might be only momentary, although with one past partner I used to spend a fair amount of time in the floaty place (not as much as with my favourite FB).

I know your deep spot is the spot for you as well, but is it the only spot? In other words were your FB and this past partner rubbing your backstop as ferociously?

When I'm in the floaty place, I literally feel like I'm floating. My head is all fuzzy. In the same way that alcohol and drugs have physiological effects on the brain, my floaty place has it's own physiological aspects. As hil mentioned, it's a high, and a bit like being delirious. This physical high is very much part of what makes it so addictive for me. If it could be bottled or smoked, I would be taking it.

Totally agree with this. In fact it's gotten much worse/much better/more intense for us. Since we're both feeling it simultaneously, we feed off of each other's high. Not sure what this would be like if only one of us was floating and the other wasn't.

Well, duh, it would still be a good time, I guess.

Physical effects of the floaty place . . . The floaty place makes me feel completely disconnected from reality. I lose control of my body (although my ability to suck cock seems to remain intact :biggrin1:). I lose control of my mouth (seriously, I can't put together a word, let alone a sentence). I can't put a thought together. I don't feel physical sensations in a conscious sense anymore, although I obviously still feel them as they are part of what is keeping me floating and orgasming. Apparently my eyes roll back in my head and they get a strange glazed look.

When MrsR and I first got together I literally freaked out (and got soft almost immediately) the first few times she came. They were full body/all out crying orgasms. She later explained that it was indescribable and intense. I need to send her a copy of this whole thread.

Psychological effects . . . Again, the disconnected from reality thing comes into play. I feel as though I am no longer tethered to reality. Nothing else exists except for the feelings resulting from the sex we are having. But unlike Nico and RawDog, I don't feel it as an affirmation of self. I feel it as a loss of self. I no longer have any connection to the person I think of as me, nor am I conscious of having a self.

This may explain why we clutch each other so tightly when we float. We are each other's safety net. I almost can't stand masturbating anymore because of how empty it makes me feel. I mean masturbating relieves the congested feeling I have behind my balls, but it doesn't give me the fix that sex in the floaty place does.

I find the floaty place utterly thrilling and addictive, and utterly terrifying all at once. The lack of sense of self and the complete vulnerability of it scares me. I always want more, yet the idea of being there permanently scares the hell out of me.

I feel I know you a little better now. :smile:

I feel as if i am going to the very core of who I am. All the stuff that may be thought of as "me" all the worries and daily travails, the transient hopes and needs, these fall away. I am reduced( or perhaps elavated?) to the pure core of who i am.

This I can relate to as well. Empathizer wrote something like this once, if I find it I'll copy it to this thread. Good description. Very familiar.

I am lucky in that i can share it with my FB.i am aware of when he is there with me and when he isn't. Sometimes he is at the periphery of it. I am vaguely aware of what my body is doing.

I'm not sure how to say this without sounding full of myself, but I've had FB's who've fallen in love with me after the sex when we already agreed to keeping it as FB's. How do you maintain an FB relationship *after* realizing this floaty place?

It has taken the better part of a year to really concentrate enough to be able to describe it. And that was only through RD's prodding me to

:biggrin1: You're welcome :biggrin1:

In doing so I find that I can't enter it as easily, or stay as long. For me (very unlike Mr. RD) I can't analyze it and stay there at the same time, lol!

My analyses come from a lot of half sentences with my wife when we're floating. a lot of "Oh my god, can you feel that?" and "oh god" and "It feels like..." followed by silence without bothering to finish the sentence.

I can reverse chain the events later. I can key into my (thankfully!) wonderful memory and look at it from that vantage. I can almost get there through thinking of it, but haven't tried:redace:

See, I have a hard time remembering the feeling, I have an easy time remembering the words and half sentences.

Feeling tingling and out of it, is just the first stage, before the total floaty feeling. I do compare it to feeling high. The only other time I come close to it is kinda silly. On a hot day, that initial moment of breaking the surface of the water (not jarringly cold water but refreshingly cool water) almost mimics it for me. The unexpected change in temp cinfuses my nervous system a bit, bith exciting and calming it simultaneuosly. I can feel my self (the superficial self) slipping away, the whittling to the core me taking place. But this floaty-ish place is only mine. There is no other person in it. None. And it is short lived, a few seconds if that. Still, it is the closest I have approached it outside the heat of passion of my FB and me.

Mine is similar in that there is a definite boundary to when it starts. But I feel it more like two ships joining in space when the docking clamps engage, and there's like a vacuum seal between the two. <-- That was my piss poor attempt at a description, but plugging into the Matrix is something I've already over-used.

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
I whole-heatedly subscribe to this notion of a heightened sexual dimension. The experience comes about with regularity, but only if I am enthralled in my own sexual appetites, or actively ponder what is going on, how I am feeling, and exactly what I want. At that point, the situation is moot: I could be alone masturbating, with partners, reading this website, or simply entertaining perverse thoughts in my head... it will all lead me down that path.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, I've said before sex is my drug of choice.....no other drugs needed to get me high...a floaty place is a good way to describe the overall feeling...but physically that would be when he us buried as deep as possible and they're comes a point when I beg him not to pull out..it is divine