Do you have a foreskin

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Mar 5 2005, 06:23 PM
Actually, if you were born prior to World War II, only the haute bourgeoisie was practicing circumcision back then.
[post=288603]Quoted post[/post]​

Not necessarily. My dad was born in 1923 to dirt-poor migrant farmers in Oklahoma and he was circumcised at birth. So was his older half-brother who was born in 1899. It was already pretty much the norm by then in many parts of the country.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
But it was primarily the East Coast haute bourgeoisie.

I grew up on Cheyenne River, and only white guys were cut, but practically all of them were. One reason I've always thought was so they could distinguish themselves from Indians, as if light skin, body hair, thin lips, and short legs weren't enough. (And around the reservation, one would add that white families generally peddled in vice; in fact, there was a lobby trying to make it so they wouldn't have to pay mind to prohibition on reservations, or even zoning ordinances.)

dickbulge

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Mr._dB+Mar 5 2005, 04:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr._dB &#064; Mar 5 2005, 04:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Mar 5 2005, 06:23 PM
Actually, if you were born prior to World War II, only the haute bourgeoisie was practicing circumcision back then.
[post=288603]Quoted post[/post]​

Not necessarily. My dad was born in 1923 to dirt-poor migrant farmers in Oklahoma and he was circumcised at birth. So was his older half-brother who was born in 1899. It was already pretty much the norm by then in many parts of the country.
[post=288609]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I attribute my intact skin to my parents being too poor to pay for a circumcision. I was born in the city&#39;s "charity" hospital as it was known in those days. The hospital was named ( I&#39;m not kidding) for Jefferson Davis. And then my brothers were born at home back on the farm so they were not cut either.

My dad was born, in 1916, in a northeast state but on an army base, otherwise I don&#39;t know how he escaped.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im cut and restoring :) I dont like people looking at my head in the locker room . Im loesy cutill hate to have a tight cut.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
I have a LOT of foreskin ("at ease" it extends more than an inch past the tip of my glans) and I&#39;ve always appreciated it immensely. I think if you were cut at birth it&#39;s a shame, but you&#39;re probably doing yourself more harm than good worrying about it now - it&#39;s not like it makes you any less of a person or anything. there may well be things you&#39;re missing out on as a result, but we can all say that for one reason or another. example: I have a defective right eye caused by chemical damage (a prank involving superglue that went unpleasantly wrong during my early teens). as a result I&#39;ll never be able to see properly without a contact lens, hit a moving target at a distance of greater than 100 yards, or fully appreciate the vibrancy of color. not exactly on the same scale I know, but I hope my point is clear anyway.

having said that, I consider neonatal circumcision to be an inexcusable barbarity when all&#39;s said and done, whatever reason is offered for it. a parent or prospective parent might very well be circumcized and happy with it - he may even have made the decision himself, more power to him - but that does NOT give him the right to make the same decision for anyone else. a parent&#39;s rights of authority over his offspring do not extend anything like as far as deciding to arbitrarily lop off pieces of their bodies. I have a bunch of ear piercings which I&#39;m pretty fond of, but I ain&#39;t about to rush my 8 year-old son to the tattoo parlor and hold him down on the table while a large burly Angel clips chunks out of his earlobes.

the only medical justification for circumcision is to relieve perennial infection caused by severe anatomical abnormality. period. you don&#39;t amputate healthy tissue - many doctors have pointed out that neonatal circumcision is actually a breach of the hippocratic oath in that respect. also (and this is a purely personal opinion), I don&#39;t really consider religion to be a valid excuse for ANYTHING, least of all the surgical mutilation of newborn kids.

if you really want your kid(s) to be cut, wait until he&#39;s old enough to understand what his dick is for and what circumcision actually means, and explain it to him. it&#39;s his right to make his own mind up about what he considers the integrity of his own body. as it is yours and mine.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Sam1070@Mar 6 2005, 12:32 PM
Cut, and glad of it. Mother nature can be improved upon.
[post=288774]Quoted post[/post]​
Maybe I should give you a private screening of an adaptation of Taming of the Shrew a girl and I did for extra credit in high school? We even choreographed seens of me beating her.

Dr Rock -- No medical association on Earth recommends circumcision these days.

ken_1_9_7_7

Experimental Member
Media
I actually was circumsised fairly late and am quite glad i was. Personally i find the sex to be much better w/o the foreskin. First, I find i last a lot longer than when i was uncut. Also my orgasms seem to be a lot deeper and i feel it through my whole body rather than just my dick.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by ken_1_9_7_7@Mar 7 2005, 06:28 PM
I actually was circumsised fairly late and am quite glad i was. Personally i find the sex to be much better w/o the foreskin. First, I find i last a lot longer than when i was uncut. Also my orgasms seem to be a lot deeper and i feel it through my whole body rather than just my dick.
[post=289069]Quoted post[/post]​

But you were cut old enough to understand and give consent. Huge difference.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I was cut at birth, I dont mind it, but I&#39;m pissed about it because it wasn&#39;t thier body to choose what to do with. If I didn&#39;t want foreskin, I could have chosen to get rid if it myself when I understood my choices. Also, the one that really makes me hate that it wasn&#39;t my choice is that I almost died because of it. The fucking doctor didn&#39;t clean his tools before it, and I ended up with a staph infection in my bloodstream. They wouldn&#39;t even treat me because our insurance was being switched over at the time. Finally my dad started fucking up the hospitol (he even beat up security X&#39;D) and threatened malpractice and I was treated. I was supposedly lucky to live though. Just wish I could have chosen for myself.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like being cut. And am glad my parents did it at birth.

Guess its the way and place I was brought up (never saw an uncut until college), but I like the look better. To each their own though.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I&#39;m cut. To me, it doesn&#39;t matter. Like, I think the person behind the cock is more important. Sometimes an uncut cock looks good, other times it doesn&#39;t. Sometimes a cut cock looks good, other times it doesn&#39;t. I love how like, back in sex ed, dudes would get into a fight defending their cock by saying being uncut is better, or being cut is better.

I don&#39;t believe there is a "better" way. However, and if you don&#39;t agree with this, yer ignorant, having yer child circumsized is better for yer son while he&#39;s a baby. Since he wears a diaper all day, stuff is gonna get trapped in the foreskin, which can result in a UTI. However, it no longer matters once yer son is in underwear. Then you can teach him how to clean it, etc. So, though there&#39;s like, no truly better way to be, it&#39;s easier for yer son to be circumsized in the first 2 years. I hope you guys get what I&#39;m saying, cause I&#39;m goin around in circles :dunce:

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by surferboy@Mar 9 2005, 02:47 AM
having yer child circumsized is better for yer son while he&#39;s a baby. Since he wears a diaper all day, stuff is gonna get trapped in the foreskin, which can result in a UTI.
[post=289450]Quoted post[/post]​

There&#39;s a good excuse for having your baby boy&#39;s body altered. Lazy parents. Anyway, the foreskin really doesn&#39;t retract in an infant so there really isn&#39;t any "place" for "stuff" to get trapped. The skin loosens and begins to retract as the penis develops. Mother nature knew what she was doing.

Hope you don&#39;t think I was trying to jump on you surferboy, I&#39;m just overly militant on this subject maybe. And I would never jump on...well, maybe...oh, never mind. ;)

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
yeah, it&#39;s worth remembering that the relatively high proportion (and it&#39;s still pretty rare) of infections suffered by young kids is more a result of the nature of diapers these days than the nature of human genitals. nappy rash et al happens for the same reason - the humidity and abrasion caused by the fabric. unfortunately unless you&#39;re happy to have your kid shit all over the floor there&#39;s no easy answer to that. the best you can do is keep the baby clean and change diapers as often as possible.

britlover

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Mar 8 2005, 03:49 AM
I have a LOT of foreskin ("at ease" it extends more than an inch past the tip of my glans) and I&#39;ve always appreciated it immensely. I think if you were cut at birth it&#39;s a shame, but you&#39;re probably doing yourself more harm than good worrying about it now - it&#39;s not like it makes you any less of a person or anything. there may well be things you&#39;re missing out on as a result, but we can all say that for one reason or another. example: I have a defective right eye caused by chemical damage (a prank involving superglue that went unpleasantly wrong during my early teens). as a result I&#39;ll never be able to see properly without a contact lens, hit a moving target at a distance of greater than 100 yards, or fully appreciate the vibrancy of color. not exactly on the same scale I know, but I hope my point is clear anyway.

having said that, I consider neonatal circumcision to be an inexcusable barbarity when all&#39;s said and done, whatever reason is offered for it. a parent or prospective parent might very well be circumcized and happy with it - he may even have made the decision himself, more power to him - but that does NOT give him the right to make the same decision for anyone else. a parent&#39;s rights of authority over his offspring do not extend anything like as far as deciding to arbitrarily lop off pieces of their bodies. I have a bunch of ear piercings which I&#39;m pretty fond of, but I ain&#39;t about to rush my 8 year-old son to the tattoo parlor and hold him down on the table while a large burly Angel clips chunks out of his earlobes.

the only medical justification for circumcision is to relieve perennial infection caused by severe anatomical abnormality. period. you don&#39;t amputate healthy tissue - many doctors have pointed out that neonatal circumcision is actually a breach of the hippocratic oath in that respect. also (and this is a purely personal opinion), I don&#39;t really consider religion to be a valid excuse for ANYTHING, least of all the surgical mutilation of newborn kids.

if you really want your kid(s) to be cut, wait until he&#39;s old enough to understand what his dick is for and what circumcision actually means, and explain it to him. it&#39;s his right to make his own mind up about what he considers the integrity of his own body. as it is yours and mine.
[post=288955]Quoted post[/post]​

A sweetheart....with foreskin? Dr Rock, I&#39;m in love with you&#33;&#33; :p :p

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cut a couple of days after birth...just like my bros and father. I can wank without hand cream...so I guess I am loosely cut.

When I have a son, I probably will let him make the decision during his teen years.

jay

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I wonder if anyone in favor of circumcision realizes realizes UTIs are worse in girls.

Interesting thing about early circumcision advocates; they actually spoke very highly of all the genocide carried out in the Old Testament.

Crazy thing is, they thought Jews were experts on "the calamity" (a.k.a. syphilis) while also claiming "the calamity" was indigenous to North America.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Circumcision made medical/common sense in Biblical times. Men were unable to bathe and clean themselves. If that&#39;s anyones justification in this day and age, I don&#39;t want to be near them anyway&#33;&#33;&#33;

And Dr., most of us DO know it.