Do you have a gay person in your extended family?

Do you have gay person in your extended family?

• Yes

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Yes, I am gay and have other gays in family

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Yes, I am gay but have no other gay family members.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Don't know....(bachelor uncle, spinster aunt)

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Several gays / lesbians in the family - some in, some out, quite a few shaking it all about (bi) ... :biggrin:
I'm not aware of anyone in the family having a problem with it either, which is nice.

BurningVenus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually, yes, you would be surprised how many would admit to almost anything except "gayness" in the family.

(P. S. I do enjoy your posts, but please be kind to those of us who have less-than-perfect vision. The smaller fonts really are difficult for me.)

On this site I would be surprised and very disappointed too.

Sorry about the fonts, they look bigger to me, I'm so confused.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually, yes, you would be surprised how many would admit to almost anything except "gayness" in the family. ...
An example is a relative of mine. He's "out" to some members of the family but not to all. He's in his mid-40 and it's remarkable no one has slipped up. Actually, there have been slip ups: He doesn't know that I know.

BurningVenus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
An example is a relative of mine. He's "out" to some members of the family but not to all. He's in his mid-40 and it's remarkable no one has slipped up. Actually, there have been slip ups: He doesn't know that I know.

That is all too common and very sad. My gay relatives are out, including a lesbian whose family seems to disregard or reject her assertions.

But you certainly aren't embarrassed to say that you have a gay relative?

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only one I know of is my uncle's former stepdaughter. (not a blood relative, but still...)

I come from a VERY homophobic family (on both sides), unfortunately, so there could be others but they would be very closeted for fear of being disowned.

gcbenji0

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
my cousin is totally a lesbian. she brings her "good friends" to the family reunions. but the chick she brang most recently was overtly and obviously a lesbo.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
... But you certainly aren't embarrassed to say that you have a gay relative?
Of course not.

But I do protect his "secret" even though I disapprove of his keeping it a semi-secret. Part of the secret is that I know; but he doesn't know that I know.:confused:

BurningVenus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Of course not.

i asked because I objected to the poll being anonymous.

But I do protect his "secret" even though I disapprove of his keeping it a semi-secret. Part of the secret is that I know; but he doesn't know that I know.:confused:

A very sad and difficult way to live. :confused:

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am, so far as I know, the only one in my immediate family. And it's not a homophobic family, everyone's perfectly fine with it (hell, my Aunt once gave me a book of gay love poetry for my birthday), so if there were any others, I doubt they'd have a problem being open about it. Therefore, I conclude there are no others.

There was, apparently, a gay guy way back on my mother's side a few generations ago. He was married with four kids, disowned one of them when she had the temerity to get pregnant out of wedlock, threw the entire family into turmoil by demanding that everyone else disown her aswell, called down hellfire and brimstone upon this heinous sinner, and then left his wife for another man.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am, so far as I know, the only one in my immediate family. There was, apparently, a gay guy way back on my mother's side a few generations ago.and then left his wife for another man.

I said extended family.
Anyway, a few generations ago that was a brave thing to do, too bad he was an asshole.