Do you have a personality disorder?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Strangely, the highest I got was borderline (46%). Which is just 1% below the average. So I'm a borderline borderline.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I should have added: I've read a couple of articles that suggest being schizoid is not a valid disorder. I suspect that many of you will also register high on the schizoid chart. One researcher stated the following:

"Those with Schizoid Personalities do not have a "disorder" but a gift of high independence and intellect."

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Jul 10 2005, 05:49 PM
Strangely, the highest I got was borderline (46%). Which is just 1% below the average. So I'm a borderline borderline.
[post=328144]Quoted post[/post]​

That's interesting. I would have thought that with your intelligent wit and lack of an avatar over all these months, you would have scored highly as a schizoid. Oh well. Personalities are very complex. I shouldn't even try to predict them.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I only had one score above average: Obsessive-Compulsive.

Bullshit.

Or is that bullshit...

or bull shit.

Damn, what a mess.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm pretty much everything.

Paranoid |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Antisocial |||||| 30%
Borderline |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Histrionic |||||||||||||| 58%
Narcissistic ||| 18%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||| 62%
Dependent ||| 18%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||||| 54%

Especially paranoid, schizoid and schizotypal--which are the measures about disengagement from intimacy. I've had trust issues in early life...

I'm a bit pissed off at the borderline score. I've known borderlines and I'm not like them!

A functioning dysfunctional, I guess.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Paranoid |||||||||||||| 58%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||| 66%
Antisocial |||||||||| 34%
Borderline |||| 18%
Histrionic |||| 18%
Narcissistic |||||||||||| 50%
Avoidant |||||||||| 34%
Dependent |||| 14%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||||| 54%

OK, so I'm schizoid and schizotypal, but it looks as if I'm in good company with you guys. Plus I'm evidently a bit paranoid, and obsessive-compulsive. And I know that all of you are plotting ways to use that information against me even now...

Given what you said about paranoid, schizoid and schizotypal being the measures about disengagement from intimacy, headbang8, this might be accurate. Trust has always been a big issue for me as well.

Never been labelled "narcissistic" before...

Naughty, are these scores suitable for the evasive Lord of the Dance? :D

Come on, ladies! Who wants a piece of this dysfunctional action! ;)

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
avg. %
Paranoid |||||| 22% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||| 42% 53%
Schizotypal |||| 18% 53%
Antisocial |||||||||||||||| 62% 47%
Borderline |||| 14% 47%
Histrionic |||||||||||| 46% 43%
Narcissistic |||||||||||||||||| 78% 41%
Avoidant |||||| 30% 39%
Dependent |||||||||||| 42% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||||||| 70% 40%

Disorder Info

Eccentric Personality Disorders: Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal

Individuals with these disorders often appear odd or peculiar.

Paranoid Personality Disorder - individual generally tends to interpret the actions of others as threatening.

Schizoid Personality Disorder - individual generally detached from social relationships, and shows a narrow range of emotional expression in various social settings.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder - individual is uncomfortable in close relationships, has thought or perceptual distortions, and peculiarities of behavior.

Dramatic Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, and Narcissistic

Individuals with these disorders have intense, unstable emotions, distorted self-perception, and/or behavioral impulsiveness.

Antisocial Personality Disorder - individual shows a pervasive disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others.

Borderline Personality Disorder - individual shows a generalized pattern of instability in interpersonal relationships, self-image, and observable emotions, and significant impulsiveness.

Histrionic Personality Disorder - individual often displays excessive emotionality and attention seeking in various contexts. They tend to overreact to other people, and are often perceived as shallow and self-centered.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder - individual has a grandiose view of themselves, a need for admiration, and a lack of empathy that begins by early adulthood and is present in various situations. These individuals are very demanding in their relationships.

Anxious Personality Disorders: Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive-Compulsive

Individuals with these disorders often appear anxious or fearful.

Avoidant Personality Disorder - individual is socially inhibited, feels inadequate, and is oversensitive to criticism

Dependent Personality Disorder - individual shows an extreme need to be taken care of that leads to fears of separation, and passive and clinging behavior.

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder - individual is preoccupied with orderliness, perfectionism, and control at the expense of flexibility, openness, and efficiency.

Author Note:I don't think Schizoid personality is a valid disorder (read), some of the smartest people in history were schizoid because they occupied a remote end of the intelligence bell curve. Schizotypal personality can encompass highly original thinkers as well as totally insane people so I think it's a flawed type. I think the remaining eight disorders are generally valid.

OK, so I'm a total psych ward poster boy...I put the "fun" in dysfunction, I think.
I'm banking on the fact that because I do have an IQ that is high on the charts, that the schizoid diagnosis is a false-positive. The schizotypal diagnosis may tie in with that, or it can go along with my creative mind. I will admit that I've wondered if I wasn't OC (and I don't mean Cali) and have talked to a Dr. about it--I was told that I was probably borderline and had definite tendencies that way.
The antisocial thing worries me...I'm an extrovert, have always tested that way on all sorts of personality tests. Why am I showing up as antisocial?
I make no bones about being narcissistic--that comes with the territory :p

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Paranoid 14%
Schizoid 74%
Schizotypal 34%
Antisocial 70%
Borderline 10%
Histrionic 26%
Narcissistic 42%
Avoidant 10%
Dependent 14%
Obsessive-Compulsive 18%

Looks like Schizoid and Antisocial are my high scores. Schizoid is not a surprising result for many of us since many of us seem to be looking for a social outlet online. I’d argue that my antisocial score isn’t surprising for a former hockey player turned lawyer. I can’t imagine being successful at either profession without being aggressive and intimidating. I am surprised, however, that my Narcissistic score isn’t higher.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Jul 11 2005, 01:12 AM
I make no bones about being narcissistic--that comes with the territory :p
[post=328197]Quoted post[/post]​
Hey, man, be careful looking into natural springs at your own reflection. That always ends badly for you guys. ;)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Paranoid |||||||||||||||| 62%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Antisocial |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Borderline |||||| 30%
Histrionic |||||| 22%
Narcissistic |||||||||||||| 54%
Avoidant |||||||||||| 50%
Dependent |||| 14%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||| 18%

Fun, but I think a test this short will have a hard time predicting much. I found myself wishing there was a 'depends" option on a lot of these questions, but I answered what I felt was the main point of the questions. Yeah, I'm a crispy critter.

amethyst

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker@Jul 10 2005, 06:27 PM
I only had one score above average: Obsessive-Compulsive.

Bullshit.

Or is that bullshit...

or bull shit.

Damn, what a mess.
[post=328161]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, Pecker, you almost always get an outloud laugh from me. Kudos.

Antisocial 62%
Narcissiisisisistic 66% :huh:
Obsessive-compulsive 58%

The rest of them were pretty low. I could have told you the O-C one. I had to look up Narcissistic. My initial reaction was 'bullshit' on the first two until I read the description of the Dramatic Personality Disorders: Individuals with these disorders have intense, unstable emotions, distorted self-perception, and/or behavioral impulsiveness.

Wow. That's what I spend most my day trying not to be.... *she gets very introspective....*

:unsure:

:angry:

:mellow:

:)

Ok, feeling back to normal again. :bounce:

Amethyst

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Don't misinterpret the figures, guys. A high score in a certain disorder only counts if it's above average for that disorder.

For instance, I scored high on some PD's but lower than the national average, so I can ignore those scores.

My only score that was above the national average was for Obsessive-Compulsive.

This kind of test reminds me of the idiocy that's today's psychotherapy:

Monday...

Doctor: "So, how are we today, Mr. Pecker?"
Pecker: "A little under the weather, thanks."
Doctor: * Note: tends to be depressed. *

Next Monday...

Doctor: "So how are we today, Mr. Pecker?"
Pecker: "Great, doc. Top of the world."
Doctor: * Note: has swung from depressant to manic. High probability of Bi-Polar Personality*
Doctor: "So you'll be going out to celebrate with your friends tonight?"
Pecker: "No, really, I think I'll stay and home and work on my snail snot collection."
Doctor: * Note: exhibits anti-social behavior with Obsessive-Compulsive tendencies.*

You can't win. Go figure.