Do you have a shy penis?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_thickjohnny, Jan 26, 2012.

1. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I do - I think. Whenever I'm alone and naked I'm fine. Even when dressed (and wearing boxers) my cock hangs down and even swings but when I'm at the gym or my weekly nude yoga class it shrinks. I can't seem to do anything about it. I do the occasional tug but that doesn't last long. I don't seem to see other guys with this problem. In my yoga class I look around and all the other guys hang nicely but mine retreats.

Does anyone else have this experience? How do you deal with it?

2. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Member

I don't think it's all too weird. Exercise can make mine withdraw a bit at times.

3. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    Me too

4. Bob Ross

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I definetly shrink big time when I exercise

5. southernstud

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't know why, but my junk does the same thing. Its weird. I think we (as the owners) think it appears smaller than it really does. I usually have a decent hang, but whenever I get into large group nude situations I think my junk shrinks. It have no idea why it happens, but it does. I think it was Men's Health this month that ran a small blip about how the angle you are looking at your junk gives a false perception of how big it is, it seem smaller looking down at an angle compared to looking across and seeing it as if in a mirror.

The short answer: yea, my junk does this. I don't think it's shy, just playing hard to get.

6. 1958ST

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes it happens in groups, but exercise, excitement, or fear does it as well. I read last month a new interpretation of the DAVID. Almost perfectly correct but people have talked for years about how the penis is small. Some have said because he was young, but the article pointed out that he is actually poised with his sling to hurl the stone. That mean you had to consider he was looking at Goliath and with the adrenalin flowing scared, he shrunk. So Michaelangelo would agree with you it happens.
    Happens to me sometimes when I do public and am nervous.

7. LetsGo2007

LetsGo2007 New Member

Albums:
    yes and it sucks.

8. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Whew! You're right that looking down is not the best angle and that someone across the room might (probably does) see it totally differently. I also think that the (damn) fat pad we develop as we age doesn't help.

That said, there's a 63 yr old guy in my nude yoga class who has the body of a 35 yr old! Absolutely incredible abs and chest and a fat hung cock! Someone told me he works out everyday at the university where he is an administrator. I only wish I had that kind of schedule.

But I digress...

9. double_digit

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Bleah, I totally turtle up when I even think of any public display, frustrating too when doing cam shots for the gallery or GF. :p Meh, it does lend one to being more apt to surprise in close, personal, closed door moments where things are more intimate...

10. SR_Judi_N_DesSkys

SR_Judi_N_DesSkys New Member

same thing here. Sometimes I am amazed at the sheer size difference from "shy" to excited. I wish mine were just semi all the time

11. D_Jerk_Douglas

D_Jerk_Douglas New Member

It's an adrenaline thing, look into alpha blockers like doxazosin.

12. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    I can relate.

13. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Seriously? That's a prostate drug. You think it would help shy dick syndrome.

14. 1958ST

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    johnny, been thinking about this thread in relation to another thread about being able to ejaculate without an erection. I think they are related. There the issue is that erection and ejaculation are two different bodily functions which usually occur at the same time but do not have to be. I think that relates to what you had voiced here. different things excite each person, and as a situation become more common they relax and get used to it.

I have known young men who could not stay hard for the first few days or weeks of marriage (the very opposite of what you would expect) because the new situation was so exciting to them. When they calmed down they made up for the lost weeks just fine.

Yea, adrenaline rush in a new situation that stimulates your senses, while the old guy you mentioned has dealt with the uncertainty of the new and exciting.

15. Lewisman55

Lewisman55 Member

I've constantly had this problem, i'm a shrinker every day i exercise, and even in general during the day my cock shrinks. It used to lead me to believe when i was younger that i small penis (shyness definitely led to the shrinking, leading to me thinking i was small when in reality i'm prob above average)...but I accepted a long while back that i won't be flopping around when i'm jogging, that's just the way my penis behaves!

16. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

My yoga class attacts all kinds. The regulars are there but now there are new comers. There was an older guy with the raging boner and dripping precum but he has not returned since that first session. We had two younger guys with great bodies but no boners although one of the regulars said he met one of the guys in another nude class sometime back and the guy sported wood the entire time - but not this time. The last class there was a guy with a micro penis. He was trimmed really close to the skin and there was only a slight hint of a head and hardly no balls at all. I'd love to get at least semi but it won't happen. Nothing there to really excite me. :(

17. open501s

open501s Member

it depends really.

I've noticed some days I go through a cycle of wood / limp when I'm working out in the gym.

It also will do this when I am in the shower at the gym. Been too fatigued after my work out to really care.

18. cyrushkcurtis

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To a great degree, Lewisman's experience is my experience.

19. colday

colday Member

Albums:
    I wanna know where they have nude yoga?

20. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Mine can be shy sometimes, and exercising definitely causes shrinkage, as others have posted. Unless I just got done with a hard workout, it usually has a decent appearance, even when I am naked in front of other people.

I guess the "shyness" could be disappointing, but I am really not very self conscious about what other people think. It works when I need it to :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted