Do you have a spiritual life? If so what is it?

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dziękuję wam za szczerą odpowiedź. Mam świadomość tego, co wam powiedzieć o państwa religii pochodzi z serce wasze. Wydaje mi że was zrozumieć przesłanie Jezusa bardzo dobrze. Wszystkie każdy z nas może rzeczywiście nie jest do przestrzegania naszego własnego sumienia i być prawdziwe dla siebie. :smile:

Uczciwość jest zawsze cnoty.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Spirituality goes to the very core primordial centrality of my being (and it's been this way since my earliest childhood). It structures my consciousness and attitudes (the psychic moments described by some of the foregoing posts are just small, low-level instances). It's not something that most people are aware of, either in themselves, others, or history, so the language and concepts to describe it are few and far between. I tend to think of the mass of humankind as existing in an autistic state, and this probably corresponds to the state of being described by the true religions that always teach of the separation of man from, and opposition to both his Creator and the rest of creation (i.e., the fall from grace in Genesis, the separation of man from the rest of the earth's living beings, save in Shambala, the need in the Native American quest religions for each man to "discover" himself and his true spirit, etc.)

Last edited:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dziękuję wam za szczerą odpowiedź. Mam świadomość tego, co wam powiedzieć o państwa religii pochodzi z serce wasze. Wydaje mi że was zrozumieć przesłanie Jezusa bardzo dobrze. Wszystkie każdy z nas może rzeczywiście nie jest do przestrzegania naszego własnego sumienia i być prawdziwe dla siebie. :smile:

Uczciwość jest zawsze cnoty.
Does either of you actually know any Polish, or did you just get those from a Web translator? (I was able to process both of them through Google Translate and get coherent English sentences.)

And I would add: Mój poduszkowiec jest pełen węgorzy.

nedly32

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No, I don't have a spiritual life.

In fact it can be a pet peeve of mine, depending on the person/situation/believes/whatever. I think it is because I don't think I've actually met a truly spiritual person. And if I have, I can't recognize it. Which is how I think it should be. The concept seems way to personal to me to take someone who talks about this and that about their spirituality seriously, it comes off so fake to me. Oh here let me impart this good energy on you oh here blah blah blah blah.
You may feel diffretly in years to come.life is funny like that

No, I don't have a spiritual life.

In fact it can be a pet peeve of mine, depending on the person/situation/believes/whatever. I think it is because I don't think I've actually met a truly spiritual person. And if I have, I can't recognize it. Which is how I think it should be. The concept seems way to personal to me to take someone who talks about this and that about their spirituality seriously, it comes off so fake to me. Oh here let me impart this good energy on you oh here blah blah blah blah.

What's important when someone says something like that to you is to acknowledge that it means they care about you and wish you well. Pay more attention to the intention behind the blessing and particularly so when it's heartfelt. Getting offended is not cool because then you're getting hung-up on the medium, not the message.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Here is Oscar Wilde defending ART as the only true spirituality.

Art has a spiritual ministry. It can raise and sanctify everything it touches, and popular disapproval must not impede its progress.

Art is what makes the life of each citizen a sacrament. Art is what makes the life of the whole race immortal.

----------

The arts are the only civilizing influences in the world, and without them people are barbarians. An aesthetic education, which humanizes people, is far more important even for politicians than an economic education, which does the opposite.

----------

I hoped to create an artistic movement that might change, as it has changed, the face of England.

As time goes on, the men and the forms of expression will change, but the principle remains.

The object of art is to stir the most divine and remote chords which make music in our soul.

Man is hungry for beauty. There is a void.

We spend our days looking for the secret of life. Well, the secret of life is in art.

-----

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
" it's not when you go but where you go "
" mortal life is but a fleeting moment in eternity "
" If men only knew what eternity is about they would do everything in their power to change their lives "
The Blessed Virgin Mary
Fatima , Portugal 1917
"The forementioned commission { investigating the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in medjugorje } confirms the the conclusions of the previous international commissions , who for their part , proved that the apparitions , to which the visionaries testify , are a phenomenon that surpasses modern science and that ALL points to another level of happening "
I haven't forgotten the cynics.
" There is no transcendent"
Jean Paul during the nazi occupation of france

I remember seeing an info commercial by a professor at the university of california medical school in san francisco. She said she was an agnostic but had a grapefuit size tumor and have been given 24 hours to live. She said she doubted anybody would be an agositic under those circumstances.
Anyway abe maslow used the term peak experiences to describe what are essentially mystic or religious experiences. He described a peak experience as a trip to heaven from which you return a changed person. One effect is that you totally lose your fear of death. We all know ecstasy exists in various forms. Its something science can neither prove or disprove. Unfortunately we all know first hand of the existence of despair and depression. Anybody who doubts the existence of ecstasy in whatever forms has totally , in my humble opinion , missed the boat.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting topic. Read all the contributions and decided not to express my views; if spiritality has to be defined, explained or even defended, then the Mongol hordes are already at our garden gates.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Having lived among the "sweet spirits" a good portion of my formative years, I try to ignore those on their personal quest for validating existence, etc. I even find the question "Do you have a spiritual life?" inherently rude and an affront to my personal privacy and the core of my being.

But to give you all an idea of how my lizard brain works, allow me an anecdote, if you will.

I was 10 years old and enjoying the freedom of having just left elementary school one afternoon. Both parents worked, so I had the opportunity to indulge in my private life until at least 5:30. I joyously set in to watch Rocky and Bullwinkle. In one of the cartoon segments a pizza delivery guy showed up at Rocky and Bullwinkle's door. The character asked, "Did you order a pizza?"

Rocky and Bullwinkle were in shock, "We ordered that pizza a year ago?!"

The pizza boy answered, "Sorry, but the light(s) were against me."

I fell all over myself in wild laughter. The cartoon character had said "lights" but I only heard "light." To my 10 year-old mind the idea of a pizza deliveryman fighting against especially forceful photons that made him late to make a pizza delivery was the funniest thing I'd ever heard of. It made my week.

Mind you, I wasn't up to speed on traffic lights and the frustration of having to wait for them when you are in a hurry. I was oblivious to that sort of information because at 10 I did not drive. But for some reason I had a relatively good, solid grasp of the physics of light as both a particle and a wave. I tended to read a lot on the subject, way beyond my "grade level."

For many years I would remember that moment and still quietly giggle to myself. I would make jokes when I was late for something by saying, "Well, I tried to catch the slip stream where the light bends around the school to get here on time, but the photons were against me." Needless to say, my mormon-bound instructors all thought I was raving mad; all except my algebra instructor who was actually biding time until he could get into a good graduate school physics department.

And so, to end this rant let me leave you all with a bit of sound advice: If any of you should run into a bit of dark matter, leave it alone. It isn't Play Dough!

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
oh, man! someone gets it!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

" it's not when you go but where you go "
" mortal life is but a fleeting moment in eternity "
" If men only knew what eternity is about they would do everything in their power to change their lives "
The Blessed Virgin Mary
Fatima , Portugal 1917
"The forementioned commission { investigating the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in medjugorje } confirms the the conclusions of the previous international commissions , who for their part , proved that the apparitions , to which the visionaries testify , are a phenomenon that surpasses modern science and that ALL points to another level of happening "
I haven't forgotten the cynics.
" There is no transcendent"
Jean Paul during the nazi occupation of france

I remember seeing an info commercial by a professor at the university of california medical school in san francisco. She said she was an agnostic but had a grapefuit size tumor and have been given 24 hours to live. She said she doubted anybody would be an agositic under those circumstances.
Anyway abe maslow used the term peak experiences to describe what are essentially mystic or religious experiences. He described a peak experience as a trip to heaven from which you return a changed person. One effect is that you totally lose your fear of death. We all know ecstasy exists in various forms. Its something science can neither prove or disprove. Unfortunately we all know first hand of the existence of despair and depression. Anybody who doubts the existence of ecstasy in whatever forms has totally , in my humble opinion , missed the boat.

"It seems the Devil's works are alive and well in this world."

I tell you what... I rarely if ever find questions offensive. Answers on the other hand...

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Taoist

one way to figure out taoism is this... Buddhism came into one side of China, and by the time it came out the other side and into Japan, it had become Zen buddhism.

That was the effect of taoism.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a firm believer that people who do not keep their religion securely zipped in their pants should be treated exactly the same way society treats sex offenders who dangle their dicks in public.

But it's so un-Christian to keep such a good thing a secret. Just like Jeezus did they are spreading their love for all of us who haven't been coverted...er spiritually blessed.

They are saving us from going to hell after all. :rolleyes:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually:

Matthew 7:6 (King James Version)

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Experimental Member
Media
You then begin trying to find something that makes your existence and the world make sense.
Which is why I don't subscribe to spirituality. I don't see the point in weaving a comfort blanket from the world if it could end up smothering my experience of what's already here. It's understandable, but to me completely false and a human creation. I'm gonna die eventually and not long after it is possible I may be completely forgotten as an individual. But I can make it so that I will not have lived a pointless existance. Accepting that and not being upset by it is one hell of an uplifting feeling. Really.

Which is why I don't subscribe to spirituality. I don't see the point in weaving a comfort blanket from the world if it could end up smothering my experience of what's already here. It's understandable, but to me completely false and a human creation. I'm gonna die eventually and not long after it is possible I may be completely forgotten as an individual. But I can make it so that I will not have lived a pointless existence. Accepting that and not being upset by it is one hell of an uplifting feeling. Really.

I feel like Leia speaking to Han, "If money's all that you love, then that's what you'll receive."

There is no need to equate spirituality with the supernatural nor with accepting falsity. I think the greatest part of spirituality is using mystical experience as a tool to better understand ourselves and others by revealing things that may not otherwise be apparent. Spiritual practice calms the mind, making us more aware of the world around us, and help us accept what happens to us with equanimity.

I also don't think spiritualism (not capital 'S' spiritualism) is a false creation any more than our concepts of right, wrong, justice, love, compassion, or any other human construct.