Do You Have a Standard Set of Rules for Chat?

rustre59

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
All good observations followed by strong suggestions. Just as an FYI, I have been in and out of chat for years and I still get rejected all the time by cammers (to the point I rarely bother trying), I also find the "I'm totally straight but I want to jack off with hot guys" thing ridiculous, and I don't get all the inside jokes and comments that should probably be kept private, too. Its not just you. A minority of the chatters take up 99% of the chat room bandwidth. That's how it's always been...though arguably worse now than ever.

Thanks man, I'm glad to know it's not just me. I'm getting to the point where I don't try to open cams unless it's someone I know is open to all. Still hate it, tho, when folks in the room are commenting about some cam that the rest of aren't allowed to see. ARGH!!

I've gotten so when I go on cam...which is quite often...that I announce to room that my cam is open to all. Maybe this will help call out those who feel they need to hide the cams from most of us. I just don't get going into a public room and keeping your cam private...but that's just me. Seems like there are lots of options for private cam (Yahoo, Skype, etc)...I enjoy those too at times.

Anyway, I didn't expect my rant to change anything, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way at times.

D

deleted3782

Thanks man, I'm glad to know it's not just me. I'm getting to the point where I don't try to open cams unless it's someone I know is open to all. Still hate it, tho, when folks in the room are commenting about some cam that the rest of aren't allowed to see. ARGH!!

I'm with ya. In a perfect world there would be some way to flag a cam that is open or private. Maybe there could be color codes...or maybe the cam icon would only be seen by friends of the cammer.

Of course, I also have experienced a glitch that caused me to be kicked out of the room if I did watch a cam, so that didn't encourage me to watch either.

rustre59

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Of course, I also have experienced a glitch that caused me to be kicked out of the room if I did watch a cam, so that didn't encourage me to watch either.

That sucks, man. So you're missing out on half the fun (more like 90% for me since I get lost in the chat most of the time. LOL). That's sounds like a weird bug to me. Have you tried different browsers?

I think the chat room software leaves a lot to be desired. I liked your idea of identifying who is available to all...that would sure cut down on the frustration. Would also be awesome if you could pop out a cam window and resize them. I also cam a lot on Paltalk. That has software that you download...it's not strictly browser-based...and it's not free (well the free version sucks big time), so it has so much better functionality that the lpsg chat.

One thing I like on Paltalk is that you don't have the option of making your cam private...if you're on cam it's public. If someone annoys you, you can block them seeing your cam ever again, but that's it. I made the mistake once (the kind of mistake you only make once) of complimenting a guy in one of the rooms...he blocked me forever, just saying he looked good stroking his cock. It's not like I said anything offensive. Oh well, live and learn.

Hope they fix your bug soon.

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
. . . 3. Personally I hate the feature that allows cammers to select who sees their cam. Maybe its just me, but it always kinda hurts when I get denied access to something everyone else in the room is chatting about. :-(
4. Since that's not likely to change, it sure would be great if the software showed whose cam was open to all, and whose were only open to friends or a select few.
. . .

I'll admit it bothered me when I would first go into chat and get denied access to something others were watching as well. I got over that very quickly - there could be a whole host of reasons why, and I just don't personalize it anymore at all and it doesn't bother me. It's not as if these people really know you and are rejecting you for reasons that go to the core of your being.

Maybe I'm just a cam whore - If I'm jerking off on cam, I'll let anyone watch who wants to (even women, which for some reason makes me feel uncomfortable, but I don't want to be rude). What I do find annoying, however, is if someone is watching me on my cam and their cam is on - but then they don't allow me access to theirs. That's happened twice recently. What's up with that?

rustre59

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'll admit it bothered me when I would first go into chat and get denied access to something others were watching as well. I got over that very quickly - there could be a whole host of reasons why, and I just don't personalize it anymore at all and it doesn't bother me. It's not as if these people really know you and are rejecting you for reasons that go to the core of your being.

Maybe I'm just a cam whore - If I'm jerking off on cam, I'll let anyone watch who wants to (even women, which for some reason makes me feel uncomfortable, but I don't want to be rude). What I do find annoying, however, is if someone is watching me on my cam and their cam is on - but then they don't allow me access to theirs. That's happened twice recently. What's up with that?

I have to say that it's bothering me less and less. Guess I'm a cam whore too, cause I also don't care who watches...the more the better in book. While I'm not annoyed, I do find it curious that some guys will watch my cam and not allow me to watch there's. Does that make them less gay? It would seem the reverse to me...but what do I know?

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My only rule is that someone needs to show their face...otherwise the conversation is not going to last very long. I don't really care what someone looks like I just don't like not knowing whom I am speaking to.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Typically, on other sites or on messengers, I won't reply to anyone asking asl (especially here when it's in my profile... lazy asshole). I also try no to reply to people speaking to me with "u r" unless they bug me and I neglected to block them. Don't think I have many other rules.