Do you have a "type" or are your sexual attractions eclectic?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by earllogjam, Mar 18, 2011.

1. earllogjam

Gold Member

Do most of your sex partners and love interests fall into the same looking category e.g. bears, hairy men, smooth guys, twinks, black guys...etc and your sexual attractions, for the most part, are narrow in scope and what turns you on in a partner in terms of looks, race, physical characteristics...etc.

OR

Do your sexual partners look, for the most part, very different from each other, and you have eclectic sexual attractions, and find a wide variety of people sexually attractive.

Why do you suppose you are one or the other?

2. powdersnow

powdersnow New Member

for me, it goes with same types over and over :D really short dark blond hair , colory eyes and wheat skin
    i dont know why it is like this actually, but i dont think i am particularly choosing
    "hey, you with the blue eyes, come and get it baby!"

maybe its a coincidence with me, but im sure sexual partner looks are varying from people to people

3. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    For me it's a bit of both - I'm attracted to men of colour which could be seen as a "type" but of that "type", I have fallen for daddies, bears, twinks, fat, thin, tall, short, big dicks, little dicks, older, younger, in shape, out of shape, hairy, smooth, yuppies, suburban, 'street', glasses, without glasses.....

But I definitely have a personality type. I want someone who is caring, gentle, affectionate, passionate, honest, good sense of humour. Plus I am looking for a serious relationship so he needs to be the type of guy who doesn't play games, the type of guy who is faithful and monogamous.

Geez, I don't ask for much do I? :rolleyes:

4. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

None of my partners or SO's have been similar to each other, so I guess I'd fall under the eclectic category. Whatever they have going on physically it just has to work for them, that's my only criteria physically. However, if the personality is akin to a wet mop or frat boy I'm gone.

No matter how good looking any person is, I am immediately turned off by certain personality traits, be it for a one-night stand or long term relationship. Ignorance, prejudice, narrow-mindedness, and arrogance are instant turn-offs, as are emotionally shallow morons and chest-beating idiots that love their own scent. I suppose I've always been this way because my downstairs is hard-wired to my upstairs and there's no bypassing it. I am attracted to self-assurance, kindness, passion, intelligence, humor, honesty and patience. I'm married to a man that has all of these traits at varying levels. We have our problems but as long as we can work things out I will stay with him for the rest of my life. A good man is hard to find, and vice versa... :wink:

5. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I have a type (plus a secondary type), but for some unknown reason, I don't really follow them.

6. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Eclectic.
    I've dated from 5'3" to 6'4", emaciated to musclebound to 375lbs, hairless to hirsute, bald to Michael Bolton locks, dark to light skin, hair and eyes.

I do have an "ideal" type but I'm not rigid about it. Sexy is as sexy does.

7. Smyley

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    mostly eclectic... i do have my likes and dislikes, though. some of even depends on my mood. :)

8. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

The person has to give me a mental woodie or it won't work. An average looking person who makes me laugh, and connects with my mind is more attractive to me than a stunning looking person who just doesn't connect with me.

9. D_Percy Pantsed

D_Percy Pantsed Account Disabled

Gorgeous women come in all shapes, sizes and colours

10. midlifebear

Gold Member

I don't adhere to a "physical" type, but if they don't speak English they're already ahead of the pack. If they have no interest in learning English they're sprinting ahead of the pack. And I find them even more attractive.

I had a long-term relationship with a deaf Korean national who was rather tall, muscular and stunning. He only knew sign language in Korean. He taught me a great deal and probably got the short end of the relationship. But he's still a good friend, still tall, very handsome and we only communicate in Korean sign language.

The Squeeze, who every day continues to become a more swarthy well-built bear-type, can say "Hello" and "thank you." Beyond that he has no interest in mastering a language that will not improve his life. Arguably, if he learned English he might improve his life. But all signs point to doubtful. Instead, we're both focusing on learning Brazilian Portuguese. There are more opportunities for travel, art and literature in that language for both of us.

"Morticia, ¡me vuelve loco cuando me hablas frances!" :smile:

#10 midlifebear, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  11. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll admit it, this "good boy" has a weakness for the "bad boys".

12. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    You should come to Bristol... I've been here for 5? years now, and I'm told they're speaking English, but I'm yet to be convinced :eek:

(Sorry Bristolians)

I don't have a physical type at all, but I've become exceptionally choosey personality wise... It isn't enough for them to simply be a geek, they have to be the highest form of geek possible (based on my personal geekness table) nothing else will do, but thankfully I married one, so I'm good :smile:

13. midlifebear

Gold Member

Aconitum:

I've some very good friends down here who speak perfectly elegant Spanish and are from Manchester, but when they speak in their native English dialect I swear they are speaking Martian!
    Eeeeek!

14. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Complete cross range from me - backgrounds, ethnicities, wealth, education, the full range.

Apart from gender, the only connection would be their independent streak; they've all been doers rather than be-ers. Beers? Men normally go for beers.

15. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    I clearly have a preference for dark skin, almond eyes, dark (almost black) hair...must be my Italian heritage. But, with that said, it really is the "spark" that ignites me...that playful, intelligent, quick attitude that attracts me in the first place.

Of course, big tits never hurt...

16. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
  17. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

I like different types, but it has to be those types.
    So am I attracted to tall, lean and dark haired.
    But also muscled/defined and red haired.
    Generally a good bodyphysique and handsome face does it for me.

18. GayFrog

GayFrog Member

Je deviens fou quand j'entends la voix d'un ami parlant en espagnol

I find myself more attracted to mature looking guys with body hair. Hairy legs and thighs, dreamy. Chest hair peeking out from an unbuttoned collar instant attraction. There is no magic if the body is shaved.

19. earllogjam

Gold Member

My sexual attractions are pretty narrow. I am attracted to gay men who ooze masculine straight energy.

Not to say these are the only type of guys I have sex with but they sure get to step up to the front of the line.

20. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

If they're gay, they may be masculine, but the "energy" they are oozing isn't straight by any definition.

Draft saved Draft deleted