Do you have a worst day of the week?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't like Wednesdays. They're so hopeless. You've gone through 2 days of torture, and you've still got another 2 days to go through. Ughhh.

Have you ever just yelled at it to shut the fuck up? Devices from hell, I tell ya.

I've taken out a contract hit on it. :biggrin1:

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
No but I have a worst time of day: the moment my alarm goes off.

.........Have you ever just yelled at it to shut the fuck up? Devices from hell, I tell ya.

Grrrrrr, alarm time. I have to turn my alarms, (I need at least two), up so loud in order to jolt me into wakefulness, that they often get flying lessons. Early mornings are so unpleasant and should be banned.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Grrrrrr, alarm time. I have to turn my alarms, (I need at least two), up so loud in order to jolt me into wakefulness, that they often get flying lessons. Early mornings are so unpleasant and should be banned.

i regularly have to get a new alarm clock, because i oversleep the old one.
It is tough to always find a more noisy and nerve-killing one that will get me out of bed.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've been lucky enough over the last five or so years to rarely (if ever) use an alarm.

Of all the simplifications I've made in my life over the last 6-7 years, that's the one that brings me nothing but undiluted joy.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i regularly have to get a new alarm clock, because i oversleep the old one.
It is tough to always find a more noisy and nerve-killing one that will get me out of bed.
I half wonder if the annoying beeps and tones don't drive me into a deeper sleep to escape them. Many is the time I've slept blissfully through the alarm screaming only to be woken with a jolt by the little electronic click when it shuts off after 59 minutes. "Fuck!"

Pets help. Even if the alarm doesn't wake you it will usually be a tone that is distressing to animals and they'll wake you to shut it off. Being an adored pet we're less likely to thump them with a fist or throw them across a room (...somewhat). My last kitty would place her paw on my cheek and slowly extend her claws after her psychokinetic indignant glare stopped working (yes, even in REM sleep, you can sense a cat plotting your demise, especially if she's two inches from your face).

One thing I've found effective is a lamp on a timer set about an hour prior to wake time. It tricks your pineal gland into thinking it's day so you're already starting to wake when the alarm goes off. It does wonders for waking gracefully as the misery doesn't set in until you look out the windows and see pitch blackness.:smile:

Failing that...
ThinkGeek :: Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am not the guy who keeps pets, first of all i am allergic to cats and dogs, and second of all I'd like them to be somewhere with a lot of room and not in the middle of a big city.

Tho i have to admit others bothered by the alarm helps a lot. They always get me to wake up. hat i have found to be affective is knowing your sleep phases and kind of planing when to go to sleep to be in a lighter one when you have to get up so you wake up more easily and feel more refreshed.

Lamp doesn't do it for me, i can sleep any time day and night and also be awake any time, i don't even have trouble getting up early, only if i have some important appointment early. :rofl: