Do you have any artwork at home?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I have a poster of The luncheon by Claude Monet.

Attached Files:

2. naughty

Gold Member

That is so lovely! Thanks for sharing it.

3. SensualGoth

SensualGoth New Member

Albums:
  4. Principessa

Gold Member

5. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you talking about original art or art prints?

I have two art prints by unknown artists that match the decor.

The only original art on my walls was painted by my brother (who is an amazing but starving artist), myself or my mom. :wink:

6. naughty

Gold Member

I should have known you would have an Odalisque in your bedroom. how very appropos.:biggrin1: I wrote a poem about Odalisques at one point. When I find it I am going to send it your way.

7. naughty

Gold Member

We have mainly my paintings on the walls. I do have prints of Escher and vintage opera posters yet unframed. Isnt that odd though that I dont have many reproductions on the walls?

8. monstro

monstro New Member

I have a small reproduction of the Mona Lisa on canvas and an original artwork by a friend of mine, who is a professional artist.

9. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I just have a few heirloom antiques (not counting Mom and me.)

10. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

I have a few Wehringer pieces

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Not anything that I know is famous.

12. Principessa

Gold Member

The Odalisque reminds me that my body doesn't have to be Hollywood thin to be beautiful.

The Last Supper hangs in my bedroom because my faith is not something I talk about with just anybody. If you are in my bedroom I'm probably comfortable enough with you to discuss it. But also because the first time I hung it in the dining room like 14 years ago my friend Lora said people are gonna see that and think you're a bad cook and that any meal you cook will be their last. :biggrin1: LMAO

13. naughty

Gold Member

LMAO! I Love how this woman thinks! LOL! I wouldnt have thought that but... hey! LOL!

14. canuck_pa

Gold Member

I have a number of limited editions and original oils and watercolours plus a few old etchings.

15. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
  16. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Picasso all over the place. Plus some originals of designs my friend made that I framed. One Warhol too Saddly all fake but the friend's work.

17. gjorg

Gold Member

That sounds so Charles Aznavour.
    What makes a man a man
    I have 90 % original art in the house and none of it matches the sofa.

18. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    The largest part of what I have around is my own woodwork, most of my furniture I have made. Also a lot of turnings.

Don't actually have a lot of representational art on the walls, have a print of 'The West Wind Goes Over the Sea' by Kay Neilsen, some of my student stuff, some ancient family oil paintings, not much artistic interest, but probably from around 1840.
    Two pencil drawings by my brother, one from a photo of our mother and me aged one or so, in the Florida woods, and the other an interior of an old family home, with our late Great Aunt's empty rocking chair, that sadly went out of the family.

I have done a huge amount of photography, but don't have any up.

Have a couple french figural bronzes from the 1890's, a bronze Verrocchio's David, A head of Alexander, and Cellini's Perseus. A ceramic Thorvaldsen's Gannymede. A bronze Mclelland barclay Faun. A few netsukes. Some Canadian Eskimo soapstone carvings my parents purchased in the mid 60's. More family antiques than there is room to have out.

Two museum reproduction Minoan vases from Thera that were my Father's, a particular interest of his.

19. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    There is a print of Slavador Dali's painting, "Portrait of my brother" or somethng like that. Actually, his brother died in infancy before SD was born and the SD was given the same name. The picture is of a landscape with the enlarged face of a young man superimposed above looking directly at the viewer. To me it suggests that he felt his brother loomed over his life.

There are a number of original works done by friends and I have some folk art from Mexico, most notably a picture of a villge made up of tiny bits of dyed straw. It's probably seventy five years old and in good condition, now safely framed.

20. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a painting my mother did for my nursery. She matted it, but it was never framed until last year. I kept her original matting. It will never be worth any money, but it's a beautiful painting of circus animals enjoying an afternoon off.

I have a self-portrait a lover once gave me. I don't hang it anymore, though. I wouldn't want anyone to get jealous.

I have a print of Jealous Gloaming by my favorite artist where I can see it from my bed, and where it is immediately noticed upon entry to the room.

I have a painting by an unknown artist of a tiny, black ballerina. So sweet!

I have a painting my mother made for my aunt of a lion with a wild mane.

I have a Hager plate as well.

I have a drawing inspired by Lain: Serial Experiments which I won in an auction at a convention. I paid too much for it becasue I was in the bathroom and asked my boyfriend to bid for me if it came up before I returned. I gave him a budget for the two pieces I wanted, but he got carried away. The other...

...I have a painting of a beautiful woman in traditional Japanese dress with her back to the viewer sitting on a plateu. Her arm is extended and exploring a portal to another dimension. Unknown artist.

I have candles I made myself, and a macrame plant hanger which was made by my mother. I painted stripes, vines, and flowers all over the walls in the basement and geometric shapes on the supports.

I have a huge, three-sided screen with birches, and a moon-lit, mountain-top lake which my mother made from old bed boards. One day, this will be a fmaily heirloom.

Draft saved Draft deleted