Do you have gay relatives?

Voltaire

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There have been studies about this but in your family at there other gay or bisexual family members? I know that my father was gay and I am pretty sure one of maternal aunts was a lesbian although she was married. And anecdotally I know several friends who are gay and have gay siblings.

Silbot.

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I strongly suspect it runs on my dad's side of the family. Two second cousins -- both female -- have never really had men in their lives (one is 67 the other is pushing 90) and another (male) was suspect, though he knocked a girl up, which obviously doesn't prove a damn thing other than now he is a dad.

If only 10" dicks ran on his side of the family, then I could claim the prize! :sob: @TinyPrincess

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Close relatives, can't really think of any. I do have an extended family member who was involved with someone pretty famous, so I'd rather not mention who that person was.

Out of friends, I do know of a family where one brother was bi, one gay and the sister was a lesbian.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Let's see:

1. A first cousin who's about 62 or so. Everyone knows except her, lol. (She's in serious denial, until she's liquored up). Sadly she is also mentally ill. She is the spitting image of her father, who was committed to an institution in his 40s. She even sports the same haircut that he did! Her girlfriend was my first clue...lol.

2. Another cousin's daughter who's about 35. Married to her college sweetheart. Pediatric doctor. Awesome awesome woman. On so many levels. She just happens to be gay. Had a baby a year ago. She rocks.

3. My Brother's grandson. He's 18 and on his way to college and I'm gonna bet he "finds" himself when he gets away from home. My brother and his son are in full denial. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

4. My Brother's granddaughter. She's 24 or so, incarcerated on and off since a juvenile. Currently incarcerated. She has some serious mental issues; she's an arsonist. Knows no fear. Has little concept of right and wrong. Claims to be bi-sexual, but um, no. Told her mother once while under the influence of some psychedelic of some type that's why she likes to be in prison--she gets all the sex she needs!

But here's the really funny one. Deceased cousin's son. Everyone just knew he was gay. They wanted me to take him under my wing, you know, in case he was struggling or confused. Very handsome in almost a pretty way. Theatre major. Groomed/dressed to perfection. Sports? Nope. And guess what? Yep: 100% straight. But being in threatre, he's totally comfortable and cool; I'm his favorite relative! Told me at one family reunion that he did not mind one bit others thinking he was gay cuz being one of few straight guys, he got all the girls. And I've met a few; wowza! He has since settled down into a relationship. Neat neat person!

sundancer

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In my family, it appears that most of the men on my father's side are either gay or bisexual. . My father, along with his brother are bisexual, and have had long term relationships with men. . My grandfather would disappear for periods of time. My father suspected he was having affairs with men, but since he died in 1946, I never met him and wasn't able to get a feel for his personality. As we all know, in the past, people had to hide their same sex attractions, so there may have been many more in my family, but it was hidden and I will never know.

bwhip1011

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Let's see:

Nope. And guess what? Yep: 100% straight. But being in threatre, he's totally comfortable and cool; I'm his favorite relative! Told me at one family reunion that he did not mind one bit others thinking he was gay cuz being one of few straight guys, he got all the girls. And I've met a few; wowza! He has since settled down into a relationship. Neat neat person!

I'm pretty sure you'd be my favorite relative too, @MisterB ! ;)

Let's see. My grandmother's cousin, one of my great aunts, a great uncle, possibly my grandmother, and my youngest sister. She was married to her wife for 20 years and they have two young children together. There are probably others that I don't know of.

Great thread!

I don't have siblings and both my parents come from pretty small families and we didn't spend a ton of time with them despite all living in close proximity to us (all within 3 hours). I'm pretty sure all of them know about me but none are gay or lesbian to my knowledge. One wouldn't shock me but I'm not willing to bet money on it.

Trevor

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
None who have officially come out of the closet.

That said, my dad's sister was a "tomboy" who cut her hair like a dude, dressed like a dude, never wore make-up, rode a Harley, and never had a date with a man (that anyone in the family knows about). She shared an apartment with a very feminine female "roommate" for over a decade, and when her "roommate" became terminally ill with breast cancer my aunt quit her job to be her caregiver. Several years later my aunt developed the the exact same cancer, refused all treatment, and died at age 45. My dad still insists his sister WAS NOT a Lesbian. LOL

Then there was my grandad's cousin Billy who was in the Navy in the Pacific during WWII. He was briefly married to a woman and after the divorce he and one of his old WWII buddies who was a Marine, and also divorced, moved in together and they remained "roommates" for the rest of their lives. My grandad once said "Old Billy has always been kinda faggy ever since he came back from the war, I guess when you put a bunch of young sailors and Marines on a battleship and send em out to sea for months on end with no girls around that sorta thing happens." LOL

I heard through family gossip that a cousin's wife caught him with another man. Apparently he told my aunt that he didn't realize he liked boys until after he was already married. He and his wife are still together so I am not exactly sure how that is working out.

On my maternal grandmother's side of the family there was a relative who according to my grandmother was a "hermaphrodite". I asked granny what a hermaphrodite was and she said "he was born with both male and female parts". He identified as a man and was a very successful farmer in Eastern North Carolina. He was also a lifelong bachelor for obvious reasons. I only met the guy once, at my great-grandmother's funeral when I was a teen and he was in his 70s and he just looked like a regular old farmer to me.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Apparently there was something of a scandal way back in my family, involving some kind of third cousin of my grandmother twice removed. His youngest daughter fell pregnant out of wedlock, which was just unspeakable, and so he banished her from the family and demanded that no-one speak to her ever again. Then he went ahead and left his wife for another man.

But apart from that, I'm the only one that I know of. Among the various cousins, nieces and nephews, etc, so far as I know it's just me. But I've made up for the lack of homosexuality elsewhere in the family by being extra gay myself.