Do you have multiple orgasms?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by zaza, Aug 4, 2006.

1. zaza

zaza New Member

I have a very enjoyable sex life with my boyfriend, and did with previous partners too. I orgasm quite easily, and I am happy with my orgasms.

I have heard that all women have the potential to have multiple orgasms, and wondered if this was truly the case.

I don`t, I tend to come at about the same time or just after my boyfriend, and am very satisfied with that. If I do come earlier than him, I will find the remaining sex very pleasurable, maybe have a mini peak, but not an orgasm. Likewise I have mini peaks prior to coming. A previous partner of mine was a multi orgasmic guy, who would go on for ages and just keep on coming( difficult when using condoms), it was no different with him, and its no different when masturbating.

I don`t particularly want to change a thing, but I am just curious about the experiences of others.
    Are all you girls out there multiply orgasmic?
    Have you always been, or has it been learned?
    If you are not, would you want to learn or are you happy as things are?
    Is your partner multiply orgasmic?
    Does that make a difference?
    Do you think we are all talking about the same thing when we orgasm?

2. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

I don't know if all girls are multiple-orgasmic. I know I used to think I couldn't have an orgasm at all and now I am definitely in the multiple orgasm category. I really don't know exactly how it happened though - I wonder if that's really weird that I suddenly started having orgasms during sex. All of a sudden it just started getting easier. For awhile I thought it was all because of my bf who is great in bed and is the biggest guy I've been with. More I think about it though I think I also was starting to get more comfortable with my body and I felt really comfortable with him so I was able to just relax and let loose more. So I'm sure there's a mental part. But it does make such a difference. I used to like sex kinda like you like a tasty food or something, like it's good but not a huge deal. Now I'm sex junkie, I always want more. It's the greatest thing ever. Knowing I'm going to have multiple orgasms really sweetens the deal :biggrin1: . But you also have to remember I wasn't having any orgasms before so it's been a big change :biggrin1: :biggrin1: .

3. zaza

zaza New Member

Thats really interesting tiff. I too took a while before I started having orgasms, but for me I would say that I wanted sex more when I wasn`t having orgasms. Its a bit like I had to go on seeking something that wasn`t happening, or trying to quench a thirst. Whereas now I am being satisfied, I still like frequent sex, but there is a sense of getting what I want and no longer having to seek for it.

4. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

That's intersesting, Zaza. I guess I can understand that because the forbidden fruit is always sweet, right? For me orgasms just feel soooo good and knowing I'm going to get that feeling over and over really gets me extra excited. I don't think having sex is only about the orgasm but it's such a great part of it. :tongue: The funny thing is before when I never orgasmed it didn't freak me out or anything. But now that I'm used to it I think sex without orgasming wouldn't be as satisfying. I guess it's whatever a person is used to.

5. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are all you girls out there multiply orgasmic?

I can't speak for all but I am.

Have you always been, or has it been learned?

I'm assuming you mean vaginal orgasms, not clitoral. If so, I didn't realize I could be until I met the first partner whose stamina almost matched mine and had skills to boot.

Is your partner multiply orgasmic?

The last one, yes.

Does that make a difference?

If he is, it adds to the fun but it doesn't make a difference as to whether or not i'll have an orgasm. Again, stamina and skill are determining factors as to whether or not I will.

Do you think we are all talking about the same thing when we orgasm?

I hope so or I will feel damned silly for writing the above.

6. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    I get them all the time.

There. See that? I just had two now.

7. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

Is it normal for vaginal orgasms to take longer and need a guy with stamina? I've definitely noticed that for me. I can't have an orgasm in only a couple minutes of thrusting but when he stays hard for a long time is when I can cum again and again. Honestly it feels like my body has defenses or something that take him a little while to break down. It's like the vaginal orgasms are a slower buildup but such a strong release! :biggrin1:

8. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's what's important for me and I would include that in the "stamina" part. If he can't maintain his erection for very long, I find it difficult to have vaginal or cervical orgasms. For me, clitoral orgasms usually take longer than vaginal orgasms, although last time someone else gave me a clitoral orgasm I was surprised how much faster I responded. Once I have a vaginal or cervical orgasm, I keep peaking if he's still "up" for it.:tongue:

9. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

That's my favorite part! He can keep thrusting for a long time as long as he slows down once in awhile. Usually he'll speed up as I'm about to orgasm and then after I cum he'll slow down a bit and it's great because he sometimes stays hard for a very long time that way. Something happens to me after awhile where I don't really come all the way down after my orgasm and I start having climaxes closer together. "Keep peaking" as you say :tongue: . Aren't orgasms grrreat?:tongue:

10. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's exactly what happens to me. And yes, they are wonderful. Once I start, I don't stop unless he needs to. :biggrin1:

11. Gisella

Gold Member

:eek:

OMG...everytime u have an orgasm you have multiples ?:eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope that same 'something' happens with you will happen to me too...i have degrees of weak, midium, strong..short and longer...etc..but dont think i can say i had a strong multiple but 'wave' ones...

12. stud_hunter

stud_hunter New Member

:tongue: :biggrin1: Ohh, there is simply nothing like a guy who can stay steel hard for ages. I know some women get sore after 5 or 10 mins. and there are even some threads here on how to get a guy to cum faster. But nothing gets me seeing stars like those long chains of orgasms where he just keeps on bringing it :tongue: . Tiff and Mercurial - I know of what you speak :biggrin1: .

13. stud_hunter

stud_hunter New Member

My dear Gisella, I don't know your age but if it makes you feel better I had my first vaginal orgasm when I was in my late 20s. Since then I've continued to get more orgasmic and once I hit 35 something hit me. I've gotten a LOT more multiply-orgasmic in the last couple years. Sometimes younger women get discouraged but I read that the nerves are still developing and for many women it gets easier as they reach their sexual peak (which I am presently and thoroughly in the midst of :biggrin1: ). Plus it's of course about finding a guy with the tools to help you along :biggrin1: . In any case, some of the younger women on this thread are lucky enough to be having multiples already but if you're not it doesn't mean you won't!

14. Mumzi

Mumzi New Member

ZaZa, I really respect you for being so honest. One of the problems many women have is feeling they can't measure up to other women.
    Some may not realize that many women exaggerate and out right lie. A woman might read something that is a huge exaggeration and then feel uncomfortable talking honestly about her sex life, so now she exaggerates.
    We don't help each other that way.

Then there are the men who read this and they may have no idea that it may not be true at all. However if their wife isn't reacting in the same manor, they may feel there is something wrong with her.
    I've heard men talk about women they know; they are sure that they would know if they were lying. Well, let me tell ya honey, you don't!

I have vaginal orgasms, but it is very difficult for me to have a second one vaginally. It might happen 20% of the time.
    My husband can maintain and erection for some time; he also feels that strong back muscles help a man to last longer
    physically.
    If he could not last as long, I don't know if I could have a vaginal orgasm. OTOH, we have a close relationship, I love him, but I also feel loved. There are no hidden issues of resentment or trust, and that would, for me, hinder my ability to really enjoy sex.

Clitorally I am very ready after intercourse and I will have an orgasm within a minute or less. I can have another within 5 minuets and another without too much problem IF I am on the horny side.
    I don't think I have ever had more than 5 and that was just pushing it. I still feel stimulated, feel as tho I could, but enough is enough.
    Oral sex works faster than just his hand,(unless it is right after I had a vaginal orgasm, at that point it's very fast with just his finger)
    and oral sex with his finger stimulating the vagina is quickest.
    On average I have 2 orgasms, and about 50% the time, 3.
    There are times I've had one. That was good too.

I have less now than when I was in my 20's, and I'm also less interested as often as I used to be.
    If a woman feels she is loosing her sex drive, testosterone in tiny doses can help. We loose testosterone much sooner than estrogen.
    The other thing to consider is that we have been married 20 years, have 2 teen daughters and life keeps us busy. I have no need to spend a few hours trying to have a 4th and 5th orgasm.
    Sure we did it, and it was fun. We still do that on occasion when the mood hits.

A few weeks ago we were at a party and the host was explaining how tender the meat was. Soon my hubby whispers in my ear ......
    " I have some meat that MUCH firmer"! Well, he kept that up for 3 hours and by the time I got home my panties were soaked!
    I was sooo ready. That night sex was an occasion to remember. It was also a friday. :wink:

15. Mumzi

Mumzi New Member

I think it does take longer. I also find that he needs to be able to go a little faster when I am close, and yet (he) not orgasm. It takes practice, I suppose. I know he is very aware of the fact that he needs to do certain things for me to orgasm.

He has helped some patients with premature ejaculation. They were seeing him for another issue and the subject came up.
    He does some hypnosis and he gave them the suggestion that with each thrust they feel pleasure (and now I can't remember the last part) either they feel further away from orgasm or they have less need.
    I'm not exactly sure and he isn't here now. But when they do feel the time is right, they pull out and stimulate the glans,using the entrance of the vagina.
    This by itself does not work, the man has to practice this either by him self or with a partner. Any man can just practice delayed ejaculation with what ever works for him.
    He feels it should work without hypnosis, it just take the time and belief that it will work. I know he has accomplished that.
    Not that there haven't been those times tho, lol.

If I'm not IN the mood, if there is something distracting me (company in the house) or I'm just tired, I'm not going to have an orgasm.
    That doesn't mean intercourse doesn't feel just as good.
    Makin love is still makin love if you're in a relationship where you consider sex making love.

16. bigshygeek

bigshygeek New Member

This sounds amazing - My current GF is multi-orgasmic, but when she comes, it's as if every nerve circuit in her body is overloaded and hyper-sensitive, she can't handle to be touched anywhere except maybe holding hands for a minute or so....I would LOVE to be able to stay inside her and keep the momentum going, even if very slowly/gently, but she's too sensitive to continue for awhile. Fortunately I am able to stay hard for long periods, often even after ejaculating.

BTW, her response is incredibly gratifying, blew my mind the first time...

I often give her the first "O" orally/manually before penetration - this seems to make the next one arrive faster.

BSG

17. zaza

zaza New Member

Thanks for all the interesting replies. What we experience is obviously as unique and individual as we are ourselves, and most of us seem happy.

I will continue to enjoy my gentle build up, one mind blowing orgasm, and the wonderful aftermath, in much the same way as some of you enjoy your multiples.

18. dongalong

Gold Member

I have been with lovers like you who have more spaced out Multiple orgasms but I have also had some that have had faster multiple orgasms.

My ex would have the spaced out orgasms if I hadn't done much foreplay, however if I really worked the clit with my tongue and the g-spot with my fingers during foreplay, she would reach a point where she could orgasm only from pressing on the g-spot - this signalled the right moment to penetrate her.

These closer spaced orgasms would continue during intercourse, mixed with all of the other kinds.

It is important to make the g-spot swell up before penetration, to allow better contact with it and choose sex positions that are likely to hit it.
    http://www.sexualpositionsfree.com/coitfrombacf.html
    This position worked best for my ex.

19. magnum_xl8

magnum_xl8 New Member

Albums:
    When I was in high school my ex and I did it all the time and she would have a least 2 orgams every time we had sex. It was fun while it lasted.

Draft saved Draft deleted