Do you have 'rules' for continuing a new-ish relationship?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I found these questions on a dating forum. Thought I'd throw them out here and see what y'all thought. :smile: My answers are in purple.

Do you have certain expectations for certain stages of a relationship? Probably

How long would you give it before you would expect to meet his/her family? Not sure, it depends on if it's serious and whether or not their family lives nearby or not.

Before you plan holidays together? People put serious thought into that?

Would you continue a relationship if you didn't feel you were in love with him/her, or vice versa? No, I believe in cutting bait and fishing in another pond if it's not working out.

Is it good enough to just be getting on ok, or should there be a certain level of feelings or signs of commitment within so many months? Hmm, I know it's different for guys and for some women. With me if I don't see potential for a long-term commitment in 3-5 months he's history. Yes, even if he has a big dick. :tongue: No sense wasting my time and his.

What are your expectations, if any?

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~

I think whoever wrote these questions thinks way too much and should just go with the flow.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you have certain expectations for certain stages of a relationship?
No. But it takes a certain amount of feeling and shared experiences to build into a relationship. Imo, everything else is dating or whatever, but very few make it to a serious relationship.

How long would you give it before you would expect to meet his/her family?
1 year. Because they wouldn't meet my family until at least a year has passed. Well, at least not as my BF.

Before you plan holidays together?
I spend major holidays with my family, so...

Would you continue a relationship if you didn't feel you were in love with him/her, or vice versa? Yes, I do not have to be in love with someone to like their presence in my life and want to continue a relationship. Similar to how you can be in love with someone but unable to sustain a relationship. Takes more than love to build and maintain a good relationship, imo..

Is it good enough to just be getting on ok, or should there be a certain level of feelings or signs of commitment within so many months? I have commitment issues :shock:, so I rarely put pressure on someone to show a deeper commitment.

What are your expectations, if any?
Hmm?? That they never lie or never disrespect me, and I'll extend the same courtesy. :cool: