Do You Hold Back Your Sexuality?

openmatrix

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's something I noticed on this board. It's exclusively for the women as it's a very psychological and philosophical point, it probably has something to do with cultural standards too.

I was just reading a couple examples of women "holding back their sexuality" either at the beginning of their relationships or even while the relationship has been going on for a while.
Why would one do this? I saw some explanations like to "keep the SO feeling comfortable or not to scare him away" but details on that and explanations for reasons why a girl would do this would be interesting and informative. What could one do to reverse this?

Do you hold back your sexuality from your S/O or fwb?

To be more specific I don't mean holding back from sex, I mean suppressing the more sexually adventurous side of yourself.

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
holding back? *blink*

like, nothing that might draw blood on a first date?

i try to restrict permanent marks until after a relationship (FB and up) has been established :tongue1:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Here's something I noticed on this board. It's exclusively for the women as it's a very psychological and philosophical point, it probably has something to do with cultural standards too.

I'm unclear on what you mean. Do you mean the Women's Issues forum here - it's not exclusively for the women.

I was just reading a couple examples of women "holding back their sexuality" either at the beginning of their relationships or even while the relationship has been going on for a while. Why would one do this? I saw some explanations like to "keep the SO feeling comfortable or not to scare him away" but details on that and explanations for reasons why a girl would do this would be interesting and informative. What could one do to reverse this? Do you hold back your sexuality from your S/O or fwb?

By 'holding back sexuality' do you mean not fucking?

If you do then no, I don't. I fuck because I love fucking - I would not want to be in a relationship with anyone who couldn't accept that I love to fuck. Luckily HickBoy loves my love of sex and I love his - neither of us held back.

As for fwbs? What's the fucking point of a fuck buddy you won't fuck? Sheesh!

openmatrix

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm unclear on what you mean. Do you mean the Women's Issues forum here - it's not exclusively for the women.

By 'holding back sexuality' do you mean not fucking?

If you do then no, I don't. I fuck because I love fucking - I would not want to be in a relationship with anyone who couldn't accept that I love to fuck. Luckily HickBoy loves my love of sex and I love his - neither of us held back.

As for fwbs? What's the fucking point of a fuck buddy you won't fuck? Sheesh!

I edited the first post to clear it up. I meant sexually adventurous parts of yourself. I know the specific sub forum is not just for women, but it's a women's issue that I'm interested in a female's perspective in. I can make a good assumption as to the male perspective

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, since I'm married I usually hold back my sexuality with just about everyone I meet.

But when I met my husband, yes, I was cautious about overexposing myself. Of course, there's only so much I can do, since some early man equated boobs with sex, which is another thing beyond my understanding, but anyway here we are.

I did hold back until our second or third date. I think he got an inkling the second time we went out, and I guess I was testing the waters. He's a little bit older than me, so I assumed wiser, too (still do, Darling), so I sure didn't want to a) think I was a slut or b) think that sex was the only thing I was thinking about. Of course, I realize now that either would have made him happy.

Don't even know if this is remotely close to what you were looking for but it's out there anyway.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, then i spue it allover her tits and face.
I like your definition of sexuality. :biggrin1:

I edited the first post to clear it up. I meant sexually adventurous parts of yourself. I know the specific sub forum is not just for women, but it's a women's issue that I'm interested in a female's perspective in. I can make a good assumption as to the male perspective
I don't hold anything back (unless you use HickBoy's definition) with a lover/partner, what's the point? If I'm sleeping with someone, I'm already at least friends with her and feel no need to hide my true-self. If it's a 'non-sexual' friend I won't go into great detail or make a point of discussing sex, but won't hide from it either.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are parts of myself that I have kind of built walls around and I'm not forth coming with information like I should be in real life. If I were having sex with someone and I was asked about any of these things, I would probably do my best to be as truthful as possible about the subject, but I doubt I would volunteer the information unless asked. I don't intentionally try to hide things, it's more that I'm unsure how to broach the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I knew a couple of girls who at first seemed to be very shy and retiring whom I later found to be very sexually experienced and sexually adventurous.

I rather suspect that some women are reluctant to immediately disclose the more sexually adventurous aspects of their character out of concern that they would be taken to be a slut or a pervert.

Men, on the other hand, have a tendency to take it for granted that most women are going to assume that they are a slut and/or a pervert, so they don't have such scruples.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I ease into filth.
I have very few hard limits when it comes to sexual expression and I can flat out scare the average straight vanilla soul.

Taking a slowly slowly approach helps to find their limits..after all you can't unring a bell.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
some scenes are great with one guy and suck balls with another.
why would i leap straight into what could end up relationship ruiningly horrible?
i wait to find out slowly what works with each guy.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
some scenes are great with one guy and suck balls with another.
why would i leap straight into what could end up relationship ruiningly horrible?
i wait to find out slowly what works with each guy.

Exactly right!

Walking out of the bathroom wearing my biggest strapon and toting a 4ft signal whip possibly won't go down well with a casual Friday night pick up from the local pub.:biggrin1:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Exactly right!

Walking out of the bathroom wearing my biggest strapon and toting a 4ft signal whip possibly won't go down well with a casual Friday night pick up from the local pub.:biggrin1:
Sounds good to me! :eek: (Just as long as I'm using the whip and get to use my built-in strap-on.) :tongue: :rolleyes:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Silly Boy. :wink:

Just for your sake..(because I like you so much) I'll leave the brass knuckle dusters and the urethral sounds in the cupboard!:biggrin1:
Ahh, cool. Thanks, I think. That's a very kinky cupboard you have! Does it lead to a sexual Narnia? (I like you too! :tongue:)