Do you ignore calls to end a relationship?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by SoFla8, Sep 12, 2007.

?

To end a relationship do you...

1. Ignore calls and hope they stop.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Answer and explain how you feel.

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. SoFla8

SoFla8 New Member

Albums:
    I've been dating someone for 2 months and the last few days they havent answered my calls or txt messages. We're not serious or anything, but I think it's common courtesy to answer and explain yourself. I would. I guess if he calls I can always ignore them and be a hypocrite! :cool:

2. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm grateful for call display.

I'll explain that the relationship is over. Once. Anything after that gets ignored.

I'm still not answering calls from an ex from over a year ago.

3. No_Strings

Gold Member

I would not be in a relationship with someone I did not respect.
    I would not ignore someone that I respected.

4. ks001

ks001 New Member

There are reasons why people don't respond ,other than not wanting to continue a relationship, such as, their mother just died, they are in the hospital, they were called out of town unexpectedly for business, a friend asked them to go on a cruise, they are so depressed, they can't talk to anyone. If you care for the person, would you want to insult or hurt them if one of the above was their reason for no response? You need to rule out other possibilities first. If you're being ignored, remember, you're a good person and deserve better than that, then just move on with your life. There are many good people out there. Just put out your hand. Ken

5. Aitch

Aitch New Member

Sometimes it's best not to answer if you're angry, upset or whatever. Too many times we say things in anger that we later regret. So, I do explain myself - eventually!

6. CPearl

CPearl New Member

Unfortunately, the kind of courtesy you speak of has been in short supply for some time... It is perfectly normal to feel a strong urge for some 'closure', or at least a simple answer. It sucks being left to wonder 'What the hell happened?' Unfortunately, we sometimes just don't get that answer - we just have to 'take a hint' and move on...

7. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

I don't ignore calls...if I am too angry or upset, I will let the person know that and we can talk another day. If I left town, went on a cruise, am in the hospital or other things...with text messaging it is an easy way to let someone know you will be in touch soon. I would hate to be on the other side of the phone waiting and wondering, so I won't do that to anyone.

8. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I've ignored calls before, but never as a means of ending a serious relationship. Usually only if I'm seeing someone casually and don't feel like seeing them again right away or talking on the phone. I hardly ever answer my phone anyway, it's frequently turned off or left in my car or beside my bed, so I don't need to come up with an excuse.

If there has been any kind of substantial investment (emotional, temporal, financial) in the relationship and I feel it is really time to end it, then I would definitely at least offer up some kind of explanation if an explanation was sought. Just trying to avoid the person is such a fucking cop-out, and it burns me when other people do that to me.

9. Osiris

Gold Member

Ending a relationship sometimes needs to be handled like removing a band aid. Rip it off quick.

I'd answer and explain myself.

10. SoFla8

SoFla8 New Member

Albums:
    Well, from the poll (so far) at least I can see that most people have some class when it comes to this. If not answering is a hint, don't worry. Hint taken!

11. PussyWellington

Albums:
    I would never do it. It's cowardly, the least you can do is be up front. As one other poster said, there is nothing like having to wonder what's going on. It makes the pain of rejection stronger.

12. B_andyo

B_andyo New Member

sometimes... But is not a good thing to do... :) but at the end I always tell whats happening..

13. Blerty

Blerty New Member

Thats some vid andyo....

14. SoFla8

SoFla8 New Member

Albums:
    Sooooo...

He called and explained.:biggrin1:..Was out of town for a family issue. I feel silly now. lol. :silly:

Draft saved Draft deleted