Do you ignore calls to end a relationship?

To end a relationship do you...

• Ignore calls and hope they stop.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Answer and explain how you feel.

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

SoFla8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've been dating someone for 2 months and the last few days they havent answered my calls or txt messages. We're not serious or anything, but I think it's common courtesy to answer and explain yourself. I would. I guess if he calls I can always ignore them and be a hypocrite! :cool:

ks001

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There are reasons why people don't respond ,other than not wanting to continue a relationship, such as, their mother just died, they are in the hospital, they were called out of town unexpectedly for business, a friend asked them to go on a cruise, they are so depressed, they can't talk to anyone. If you care for the person, would you want to insult or hurt them if one of the above was their reason for no response? You need to rule out other possibilities first. If you're being ignored, remember, you're a good person and deserve better than that, then just move on with your life. There are many good people out there. Just put out your hand. Ken

Aitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes it's best not to answer if you're angry, upset or whatever. Too many times we say things in anger that we later regret. So, I do explain myself - eventually!

CPearl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Unfortunately, the kind of courtesy you speak of has been in short supply for some time... It is perfectly normal to feel a strong urge for some 'closure', or at least a simple answer. It sucks being left to wonder 'What the hell happened?' Unfortunately, we sometimes just don't get that answer - we just have to 'take a hint' and move on...

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I don't ignore calls...if I am too angry or upset, I will let the person know that and we can talk another day. If I left town, went on a cruise, am in the hospital or other things...with text messaging it is an easy way to let someone know you will be in touch soon. I would hate to be on the other side of the phone waiting and wondering, so I won't do that to anyone.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've ignored calls before, but never as a means of ending a serious relationship. Usually only if I'm seeing someone casually and don't feel like seeing them again right away or talking on the phone. I hardly ever answer my phone anyway, it's frequently turned off or left in my car or beside my bed, so I don't need to come up with an excuse.

If there has been any kind of substantial investment (emotional, temporal, financial) in the relationship and I feel it is really time to end it, then I would definitely at least offer up some kind of explanation if an explanation was sought. Just trying to avoid the person is such a fucking cop-out, and it burns me when other people do that to me.

SoFla8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well, from the poll (so far) at least I can see that most people have some class when it comes to this. If not answering is a hint, don't worry. Hint taken!

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I would never do it. It's cowardly, the least you can do is be up front. As one other poster said, there is nothing like having to wonder what's going on. It makes the pain of rejection stronger.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sometimes... But is not a good thing to do... :) but at the end I always tell whats happening..

SoFla8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sooooo...

He called and explained.:biggrin1:..Was out of town for a family issue. I feel silly now. lol. :silly: