Select which is the norm for you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was sorting through my clean washing today and wondered how many of you Iron your boxers, briefs, Y-Fronts, underpants after washing.

Do you wash, dry, iron and wear

Do you wash, dry and wear

Don't wear any always go commando

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a rule...I don't wear under garments but when I do I'm a wash, dry and wear kind of a guy. I was had a housekeeper who wanted to iron my boxer shorts and I thought it was a waste of time and nipped that in the bud.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do iron most things but not underwear (when I do wear it)

My bf laughs at me for ironing the sheets :tongue:

LOL, i gotta laugh too :biggrin1:
I never got that about sheet ironing, seems pointless unless your in hospitality industry.

Also as a quaint matter of interest there is an old wives tale that suggests ironing bedsheets is akin to readying your bed for a 'special' event and as sleeping and sex are both common things for you to experience it only really leaves death as a unique bed related event. I never ironed before i heard the tale anyway but i just found the tale novel

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't wear anything anymore that requires ironing except for the most special of occasions, and very rarely wear underwear.

I have an iron (which goes unused) but no board. Life really is too short to sweat such details.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't iron my underpants (wear tighy whities since my nuts ache if I have no support - always have).

As for the rest of my (loosely-called) "wardrobe" yup I iron often.

My mum taught us to iron before we could construct a full sentence.

Button down and dress shirts invariably require it.

I do, however, NOT put a crease in my jeans.

I love ironing when I do it. I find it therapeutic and like the quiet attention to detail. The only things I iron are my good shirts, linen clothes, trousers if they need it, maybe ties if they're wrinkled. I just wear those clothes so infrequently that it's not a chore.

There's no point in ironing underwear but I do love freshly-ironed linen sheets even if I don't bother with it.

D_Theophallus Kneedgroin

Account Disabled
Media
LOL, i gotta laugh too :biggrin1:
I never got that about sheet ironing, seems pointless unless your in hospitality industry.

Also as a quaint matter of interest there is an old wives tale that suggests ironing bedsheets is akin to readying your bed for a 'special' event and as sleeping and sex are both common things for you to experience it only really leaves death as a unique bed related event. I never ironed before i heard the tale anyway but i just found the tale novel

I never liked those old wives! :tongue:

In my defense, I will say that everytime he's in my bed, it's a very special event :biggrin1::biggrin1:

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I tried ironing with a friends iron; he rolled his eyes and took over. My dress shirts/pants/suits for gigs go to the cleaners, even the new shirts fresh out of the package that need ironing. Nothing else gets ironed. I mostly wear jeans/tee shirts and don't care. And I wonder why I am not popular.:biggrin1:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My housekeeper irons everything in sight. Including the boxers.

She didn't understand how I go through so few pairs of underware in a week. She told me to change them more often. At least I think that's what she said... I didn't understand much of the language back than. So I started throwing clean underware in the clothes hamper so she wouldn't think I'm a dirty pig. lol

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love ironing when I do it. I find it therapeutic and like the quiet attention to detail. The only things I iron are my good shirts, linen clothes, trousers if they need it, maybe ties if they're wrinkled. I just wear those clothes so infrequently that it's not a chore.

There's no point in ironing underwear but I do love freshly-ironed linen sheets even if I don't bother with it.

OMG you iron? I'd pay to see that! :tongue:

Nope. :p

(Just underwear I don't iron, btw - doesn't seem much point!).

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I'm suprised how many don't iron and let things iron by others.
Mum always ironed, and I know I will when I'm on my own. We do iron the sheets of the bed, underwear only when it are boxers, but we learned not to do that anymore. But other clothes we do iron. If not, you have a lack on looking proper in public I believe...

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gee guys thanks for all of your replies, didn't think it would get much of a reply. Just goes to show. You guys who don't iron think of all the energy your saving, doing your bit for green conservation.

Keep the replies coming

Cheers

Smartalk