Do you judge people based on who they date?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
An example! You have a friend who is not a really close friend but still a friend and they are dating someone you think is, well...hm....stupid. Does your opinion about your friend change then?

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Opinion change? no. Should you be concerned about the person a freind dates? no. The answer would only be yes if there was mental or physical abuse occurring. Other than that time will tell.

Guill

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Every factor is someone's life effects how I judge them. I try to hold that judgement in suspension until it is proven out but it certainly effects my opinions in a small way.

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I judge people on whom they date and are friends with. Mainly from the point of view of how they allow the other person to treat them.

At the moment, I am dealing with that issue now. My guy was dating someone else and it overlapped our time together. We have been exclsuive for a year now. But then he wanted to the "friend thing" with her. I learned of several examples in which she treated him in ways that I simply would not accept personally and as the kind of behavior impacts on one's partner, I told him that I could not accept it. If he must be friends with this woman, then we could simply be friends as well (And then I could look for a bf elsewhere).

But still though, it does get me wondering.......am I missing something.....do men really like being treated like shit.......should I behave like that as well........

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
An example! You have a friend who is not a really close friend but still a friend and they are dating someone you think is, well...hm....stupid. Does your opinion about your friend change then?

Oh absolutely, and my friends should expect nothing less. I won't use every opportunity to highlight my layers of judgement, but I certainly judge every micro-expression to body language and gestures.

It's amazing how we find it questionable when someone dates outside of their "zone" ito hotness, intelligence, class/financial status, etc., begging questions like: "hmm, I wonder how she landed him... she must be a real freak in the bed" or "how did he get her? he must be rich or hung"

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh absolutely, and my friends should expect nothing less. I won't use every opportunity to highlight my layers of judgement, but I certainly judge every micro-expression to body language and gestures.

It's amazing how we find it questionable when someone dates outside of their "zone" ito hotness, intelligence, class/financial status, etc., begging questions like: "hmm, I wonder how she landed him... she must be a real freak in the bed" or "how did he get her? he must be rich or hung"
Auggie, the only zone I value is the brain! :wink:

I judge people based on which programming languages they know.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't necessarily make an absolute final judgement on them, no. But I think you can tell a lot about someone by who they are dating or show time and attention too.

I've always said, you can tell almost everything you need to know about a girl by the guy she is dating (and vice versa). I.e. the seemingly nice girls who are dating the dbags.

D

deleted556573

In short, yes. My global opinion of the person is not based on that one facet, though. As several other people stated, though, it gives you a good glimpse into who this person really is.

On the same note, I judge everyone by the company they keep. It works much like the theme Of this thread.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't necessarily make an absolute final judgement on them, no. But I think you can tell a lot about someone by who they are dating or show time and attention too.

I've always said, you can tell almost everything you need to know about a girl by the guy she is dating (and vice versa). I.e. the seemingly nice girls who are dating the dbags.
I know you are good people based on the people you date! :smile: