Do you know any homosexuals that have been in a long term relationship?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dear family friends of mine- my sons call them Uncle Frank and Aunt Roberta- both have grandkids, have been together 34 years and interestingly, sober for 33 years. One likes 'young college boys' the other likes 'having his fist up a hot bears hole', and every week they have a scheduled appointment for wonderful love making (sorry 'papa frank' tells me all). There were both at my sons graduations, my wifes funeral and I look forward to their Christmas card every year. I wish some of my straight friends were as wonderful as they are.

Reactions: rockmusl1

jdenn4

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes Been with my partner going on 11 years, while it can be rare to see with younger guys in the gay community, we met when i was 20. The reason you generally dont see the commited couples is because we like to stay home, or go to places other than the norm where guys go to meet hookups or date or party etc.

Reactions: deleted1074483

neverbiteorgag

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
WE should probably ease up on GALAXUS and his OP. He does bring up a good point about media images. If you grow up in middle America (I'm originally from Ohio myself), you don't really see gay couples. Yep, I have been in one 34 years!

The media isn't much better, and frankly, the gays that are depicted - Elton John, Ellen, Rosie O'Donnell - are too often caricatured and are not taken seriously. They are simply slotted into the "celebrities who happen to be gay" category and are mentally marginalized. In the absence of one well-identified gay couple, the OP can't be blamed for asking a slighty naieve question.

I didn't know of any gay couples until well after I graduated from college. The only clue that I had of gay couples were two men who lived in a house together down the street. Luckily, my mother explained that the two men were probably living together as "man and wife" - I was ~ 12 at the time - but she never applied any negative judgment and had them over once... I guess as the only Black family on the street, who were we to discriminate against the only gay couple on the street :rolleyes:.

Galaxus is 20 years old now. I recommend that if he has any gay/lesbian friends, he should track them over time. He'll probably discover that they will form relationships ... Seven years from now, when his friends are ready to marry, perhaps several more states besides MA, CT, ME, IA ([possibly NY, NJ) will allow for same sex marriage....

P.S. I just looked up stats on the top 10 highest concentrations of gays/lesbians based on census data.

The top areas neighboods in Boston and Provincetown MA, Chelsea in New York City, certain neighborhoods in San Francisco, West Hollywood in Los Angeles, and the Ft.Lauderdale/Miami area... Outside of these areas and liberal college environments, gay couples are probably not as visible...

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow! I guess I never saw this thread?

I've been with my man since 1988, so it will be 33 years in August. I didn't move in until 1990, and now we've been in this same house since 1992!
We were monogamous until long past the point that his disability got the best of our (mutual) sex lives. We still love each other very much and have nurtured each other through the loss of all our parents, and life-threatening illnesses for both of us.

This thread was opened ten years ago. If you start counting the number of events that have occurred in our culture, especially where same sex relationships are considered, you might be reading a different kind of question today.

These pictures were posted by their owners in a news article titled “proud boys”. The post was intended to document their relationships. I figure their pictures might go well with what Tight_End_SC points out above.

xxboys.jpg
xxboys-2.jpg
xxboys-3.jpg
xxboys-4.jpg
xxboys-5.jpg
xxboys-6.jpg
xxboys-7.jpg
xxboys-8.jpg
xxboys-9.jpg
xxboys-10.jpg

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow! I guess I never saw this thread?

I've been with my man since 1988, so it will be 33 years in August. I didn't move in until 1990, and now we've been in this same house since 1992!
We were monogamous until long past the point that his disability got the best of our (mutual) sex lives. We still love each other very much and have nurtured each other through the loss of all our parents, and life-threatening illnesses for both of us.

I forgot to say that we were able to finally be officially married on August 5, 2009, which was almost 21 years after we met. We tied that knot in Falmouth, Massachusetts where my in-laws lived, and we only had to be in town for 3 days to qualify for a license.
In June, 2015, when the Supreme Court ruled to legalize same-sex marriage, my sister and brother-in-law were visiting us at the time. Husband and I were very excited, but my sister and BIL said, "This will not stand. God will take care of this."
I kicked them out of our house. We barely speak now, and my brother stopped talking to me 31 years ago.