Do you know any homosexuals that have been in a long term relationship?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I personally know gay couples who are in long-term relationships. One couple has been together for 7 years. One for 20+. One is monogamous, the other is not but practices fidelity to one another while maintaining an open nature to their relationship. Both gay and straight couples eventually decide between themselves what they want in that relationship and build from there. I think straight couples tend to lean towards the more traditional setup. Gay couples' relationships had not been considered valid in the past and so they realised they had to create what they wanted for themselves.

Careym

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I didn't want to offend anyone.

I just don't see many commited gay couples on TV or in real life.

Its somthing i just dont see.

i wanted to know which is more common or uncommon.

I was in a 25 year relationship until 2004. We simply grew apart as many couples do. At the time I had a dozen or more friends most of whom were in long term relationships.
I am currently in a relationship with a man who will undoubtedly be my life partner. He is the man I have been looking for all my life. We will celebrate 4 years together on June 15.
We have several friends that we bowl with who have been together 20 plus years. Both of us look forward to the day when we can say that we have been together that long. We don't need a piece of paper to tell us that we are very married to each other.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I didn't want to offend anyone.

I just don't see many commited gay couples on TV or in real life.

Its somthing i just dont see.

i wanted to know which is more common or uncommon.
tv & film are full of daft steriotypes.

as for rl...
lots of gay couples aren't obvious to those who don't know them.
they might not have kids.
they might not do public affection, for fear of attracting abuse.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My husband and I will be hitting 14 years this June.

Which is not to say we are monogamous - we play both together and apart on occasion. But that's something we have mutually agreed to over time. It doesn't mean we're not committed to each other. Hell, we've lived in three different countries and six different cities as a couple, and you don't go through all that if you're not committed to being together. It just means that we don't restrict our physical pleasure to each other.

LuvMensCocks

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My partner and I will celebrate our 34th year of being together this September. Our relationship deepens and grows every year. I love growing old with him by my side.

Congrats on that. I agree with everything you say.

Alot of posters have said they have "Open" relationships. That is a freaky thing to me. I know everyone will jump my ass about this but I feel to have a true "Relationship" it must be only the 2 of you. Seems a bit odd if you are so happy in your lives together you feel the need to dip your wicks elsewhere. I understand fetishes and groups, But I do not know many hetero couples that go out and screw other people.

Yeah, Yeah, I know there are many swinger groups and such out there, But I think those are in the minority. Believe me, we have talked about threesomes and group play, But when it comes down to it we are afraid it will damage what we have. I openly look and point out the hottness that is out there, But I do not believe I could ever do anything.

I still crave him sexually, I cannot get enough of him, I get butterflies in my stomach when he calls and tells me he is on his way home, I pace around the house in anticipation when I know he is coming. I feel utterly alone when we do things apart. People always act weird when we are not together. they say I am not myself. I never thought I would have it so good with him in my life. I know for a fact if I fuck this one up, I won't get another chance to be as spoiled rotten as I am. I tell everyone I am a well kept man, Not one person disagrees.

God, I am such a queer................J/K

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know a male couple who has been together right around 50 years, and knew another male couple who had been together for nearly 25 years when one of them died.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not talking about 2 to 3 years. I'm talking 10+ years.
Yes, my college professor has been with his partner for decades. They finally got married at San Francisco City Hall, and adopted two babies. A lovely family !!!

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Alot of posters have said they have "Open" relationships. That is a freaky thing to me. I know everyone will jump my ass about this but I feel to have a true "Relationship" it must be only the 2 of you. Seems a bit odd if you are so happy in your lives together you feel the need to dip your wicks elsewhere.
I have no intention of yelling at you - if that's how you're happy in your life, then I wish you all luck. Just as long as you do me the same honour. :fing02: