Do you know any homosexuals that have been in a long term relationship?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to go to church with quite a few men who'd been together since they were in their 20's. I met a man on this website who's been with his dreamboat for over two decades ( I think). My best friend's brother and his partner have been together since before I met them 19 years ago. The other gay dudes I know haven't been alive (or out of the closet) long enough to have a particularly long romance. One of my friends is looking for that everlasting love, but he just keeps meeting such assholes. (No pun intended.)

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My other half and I have been together for over 14 years now. We have friends who've been together for 37 years, another few couples who've been together for over 40 years and know some who've been together over 50 years and one couple who're coming up for 65 years together. They got together in their late teens/early 20s and are still going strong.

As some other posters have already said, it's almost impossible to keep a long-term relationship going if you're regularly on the scene. I've seen it happen so many times. As soon as it gets out that you're a couple people seem to want to split you up.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
congrats to the OP!

Congratulations to the OP (original poster) and to the people who have transformed an implicit cultural prejudice - i.e. the "invisibility of gay couples" - into a positive affirmation. The OP's question has motivated people to identify the gay couples (men and women) who manage to have enduring relationships.

We should also give Galaxus some credit for

1. having the courage to ask the question
  2. and thinking about the matter in the first place since he is in his early 20s and at university. How many people at the age of 21 take the time to contemplate long-term relationships - gay or straight - when 10+ years represents half of a person's life time at that age.

alex cass

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My partner and I have been together for 25 years this July 4th. Takes a while to find the right one, but when you do it's wonderful.
"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live a day without you." - Winnie the Pooh

TopDudeFtl

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My turn to chime in...

I'm not homosexual, but my boyfriend is. :wink:

On August 10th, 2009 we will celebrate 10 years together. :biggrin1:

He is my best friend & I am so happy to have been blessed with living my life with him.
(No, he isn't a member of LPSG; that's just how I feel.)

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Congratulations to the OP (original poster) and to the people who have transformed an implicit cultural prejudice - i.e. the "invisibility of gay couples" - into a positive affirmation. The OP's question has motivated people to identify the gay couples (men and women) who manage to have enduring relationships.

We should also give Galaxus some credit for

1. having the courage to ask the question
  2. and thinking about the matter in the first place since he is in his early 20s and at university. How many people at the age of 21 take the time to contemplate long-term relationships - gay or straight - when 10+ years represents half of a person's life time at that age.

Wow! This is a great post. Quite inspirational, Thank you to all that posted so far.

congrats to the OP!

I don't want to focus the thread on me, but thank you all for the nice things that you have to say. And I thank everybody for the posts so far. This is really illuminating.

I have a gay friend looking for somebody. I think he has always been single, but I know he's looking for his special someone too. The sweet thing is that he is a virgin and wants to save it until he's married. I don't know why he hasn't found somebody, but I'm sure that he will.

I'm glad that this thread can turn into something positive and breakdown these stereotypes.

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have known several gay couples that have been together for over ten years. Now that civil partnerships have been established in the UK I suspect we will hear of more.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've had two long term partnerships so far...one lasted five, the current one is nearly as long a period of time.
Just like my straight friends, I know some gay couples who have been together for decades and others who called it quits after a weekend.

Last edited:

girl.looking

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i know loads of couples who have been together 10yrs plus. and i just came out of a 13 year relationship myself. all the guy couples seem to have open relationships and all the female couples don't seem to have much sex to be honest. is it like that with long-term straight relationships? does the passion fade/die away leading to either infidelity, open relationships or no-sex marriages?

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i know a few people who have been in long term relationships, both the 2-3 years and 10+ years. first is my brother (i call him that even though we aren't really related) and his partner. they have been together for 2-1/2 years and just had their commitment ceremony earlier this year. and next is the oldest sister of my good friend. she has been with her partner for 14 years. they were married on november 1st, 2008, just 3 days before that horrible proposition 8 was voted into law in CA.