Do you know any stutterers?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
and if so were they verbally or physically abused as childen?

I have a hunch that they were, but this is only based on my experience wth a friend growing up. Both his parents were very tough on him and yelled at him alot.

But I would like your opinion on this.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why not simply get information from people probably a little more qualified than the majority of users of a group focussed on an entirely different medical phenomenon?

Stuttering

I wouldn't try to form a theory based on one observation.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
and if so were they verbally or physically abused as childen?

A co-worker who is also a friend stutters. He's quite good at his job and has a marvelous sense of humor but he can be shy and sometimes withdrawn in social situations. I suspect he suffered some ridicule in the past because of his speech impediment.

I wouldn't ever tease him about his stutter but otherwise he and I rib each other mercilessly about lots of things.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why not simply get information from people probably a little more qualified than the majority of users of a group focussed on an entirely different medical phenomenon?

Stuttering

I wouldn't try to form a theory based on one observation.

I had to laugh over that "entirely different medical phenomenon" remark. And a really nice medical phenomenon it is! :biggrin1:

I used to work with a guy who stuttered. I don't know anything about his background and childhood. He was active in Toastmasters though, and I thought that was interesting. He really got out of his comfort zone and not only did public speaking in the group, but also was the head of the district for Toastmasters in his area!