Do You Know How Attractive You Are?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by SpoiledPrincess, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

How do you judge how attractive you are, we look in the mirror but what we see isn't necessarily what other people see. I judge how attractive I am by how other people react to me, but some people seem to have a blind spot to how they appear to other people. For instance some women will think they look young for their age based on the fact they always ask everyone they meet how old they think they are - of course no one in their right mind is going to answer honestly :) I don't view how people react to me on sites like this as any pointer.

2. naughty

Gold Member

I think you look fabulous for your age and being close in age, I will say that to you truthfully.

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Please tell me again how attractive I am.....:tongue:

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Thanks for that Naughty but I hope the thread didn't come off as fishing for compliments, that definitely wasn't its intention :) I'd love to hear about how other people decide how hot or not they are.

5. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

When I look in the mirror, I see ugly. People have told me otherwise over the years, but I don't see it myself.

6. dong20

Gold Member

Irresistible, honestly. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly in need of a visit to Specsavers.:wink:

Seriously, I judge it in much the same way you do, and by the women I've dated - if they're attractive, logically, I must be too.:smile:

Really seriously, I don't give it much thought, there being little I can do about it.

While I was being a bit tongue in cheek there's truth in the above, I do believe that confidence is a big factor in attractiveness and people tend to attract people of 'similar' attractiveness to them, but there's no hard and fast rules, as can be seen every day!

7. Mr. Bungle

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've seen and know some really good-looking people who are ALWAYS being complimented on their looks; some who are my friends and most of them just kinda smile and ignore it, while others just milk it for all it's worth and think they deserve preferential treatment because they think they're the reason why the mirror was invented. I've had people tell me I look good, or they like certain features of mine (eyes, smile, height or whatever), and the fact that they're taking the time to let me know is a great feeling, and I appreciate them doing so. However, I won't dwell on it, because it's really not THAT important to me. When I look in the mirror, I just see ME, a good-looking person (although I'm sure there are a bunch of others who wouldn't think so) and it's important to have a positive image of ourselves - it's very self-defeating to have a low self-image, and it makes me kinda sad when I see people who I think are attractive who will talk up a storm about how they wish their nose was smaller, or things they'd want to change about their appearance to make themselves more attractive.

8. lttlgrllst

lttlgrllst New Member

I don't judge my looks by what other people say. I think rather it's how I feel inside, my mood I guess. Most of the time I think, I'm average, nothing special. If I'm having a good day I feel more confident and prettier.

9. studstallion70

studstallion70 New Member

Albums:
    I have women tell me im attractive but I just dont see it. I think sometimes people just try to be nice! Oh well, such is life!

10. studstallion70

studstallion70 New Member

Albums:

Jane, from the looks of your pics, I can tell you that I find you extremely attractive!:tongue:

11. lttlgrllst

lttlgrllst New Member

Thanks!:tongue:

12. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I think I know how attractive I am - or rather how attractive I can be. I do notice a difference in the level of attention, looks, etc. if I've 'bothered' that morning.

Though generally I'm not that concerned about it. I do hate catching myself in a shop mirror and noticing that I look like shit because I've run out of the house at the last moment and didn't get changed out of the clothes I was gardening in (which does happen once in a while) but I don't let it ruin the rest of my day.

13. invisibleman

Gold Member

I think that I have had enough abuse when I was a kid to have issues on this. Children are cruel. I don't particularly find myself attractive.

Like penis size, attractiveness doesn't make a person stay with you in a relationship. There was a time I was working out and I was a "hottie":rolleyes: But holding men's interests based on that was in vain. I found myself competing with what others had. It seemed like the rules were changing. I learned that people do change. And you can either leave them to their changes or you can go crazy trying to compete with people's changing tastes. Dating is surely different than when my parents were dating.

The only metaphor I can come up with with today's environment with the whole love dance is car shopping. People buy cars for different reasons. They test drive cars. The car could be a lemon. Or a high maintenance rocket. Whatever the reason, a customer buys the car. At any time the car may give you problems. You have to take it in on the regular for maintainance or repairs. (No matter what car you get, you will have to maintain it so that it may run properly.)

14. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Another prime example of beauty and class would be you.:smile:

15. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

That's often just fishing for compliments, someone who knows they're attractive can hardly say 'do you wanna wax lyrical about how gorgeous I am for a while', but if they say 'i have a fat arse/a big nose' or whatever, the obvious thing to do is reassure them for a while.

16. ucsb123

ucsb123 New Member

We all judge based on this notion that women are supposed to be 5'7" and 90 lbs with DD silicone tits. Obviously, we are hellbent on destroying half of the population of earth, as well as ourselves. Attractiveness is not the biggest factor. Don't get me wrong, it is a big factor. But, rather personality is a larger factor. I like the idea of sexiness more so than actual sexiness. Thus, turning a blind eye to reality, in some cases is better. Those people automatically increase their hotness just by not giving two fucks. The internet is the greatest equalizer; it allows one to be who they believe they are. Actuality is forbidden.

17. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I agree - the 'does my bum look big in this' brigade do my head in. Partly because they are just fishing and partly because they actually have fucked up my ability to honestly discuss my body. I have a have big bum - it is a fucking gorgeous big bum according to most - and yet when I'm shopping for clothes and say something completely innocent like "Those are great trousers but the cut wouldn't suit my big bum" the shop assistant is all like "Oooo no, it's not at all big..." - I feel like turning round and saying "Yes it fucking is, and all the fucking better for it, thank you very much!"

18. seahorses

seahorses Member

Hell I’m as ugly as sin; got bad breath, reek of body odour and my odour eaters suffer from indigestion. I over weight, dress like a slob, probably because I am a slob and I never comb my hair. When I’m not spitting I’m belching or farting, although I can belch and fart at the same time, or fart and spit at the same time, but I can’t belch and spit at the same time without throwing up. I have as much charm as wet washing and charisma as flat as a road kill. I go out people go in, except the shop, they close up and disappear from the face of the earth. I went to my doctors complaining that people ignore me. He just looked at me and yelled ‘Next!’

But hey, do I care? I got the best woman in the world and she loves me.

19. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    We love you Percy Dovetonsils.....

Really, we do, really....

20. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    sometimes thats genuinely how they feel though. especially young women(not all of them) but a significant number are extremely self conscious. and it doesnt help that the media portrays them as attention whores, like its some joke that an entire generation is unhappy with themselfs.

its not just women though, just look at how many guys feel the need to add a few inches. alright im gonna stop before i get off topic.

Draft saved Draft deleted