Do you know of any long term gay relationships?

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Me and David (who posted second) have been together for 20 years because we are friends as well as partners we discuss everything together. I think now a days young couples get divorced to fast is because they don't talk to each other. I know life is hard at first when you get together about money, bills etc, but if you talk and discuss everything together life is much easier:smile:

Spot on, PaulF. I have a couple of really close friends who are in relationships, not so long-term (one about a year and a half and the other almost 4 years), and I am AMAZED at the things that they don't talk about (but talk to me about--things that really might affect the other person, and, thus, perhaps the relationship) -- I can't imagine a relationship with so little communication on things.

Bossman1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My partner and i are going on 8 yrs. Great relationship,great companion. I'm 52 and he is 50. When your as old as we are, the companionship part is the most important .

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We reached 44.5 years...had looked forward to that magical 50 year mark which is coming around in 6 months. It was not meant to be.... death interfered!

Congratulations on such a long relationship. I'm sorry to hear that your partner passed away. At least you had a long and happy life together.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the tendency these days in relationships is to walk away at the first sign of trouble instead of working through it to come to an even closer relationship with more understanding. Having said that I left my husband but I had the very valid reason of not being able to stand him.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have very good friends- 27 years together (interesting aside, they both mark 26 years of sobriety together).

one loves sucking 'college boy dick' the other loves his 'handballing' yet they make love weekly! (they are affectionatly known as Uncle ___ and Aunt ___ by my sons...

One is bordering on legally blind now and my sons will give him a ride on occasion (amazing baritone), the other is a librarian- guess which is aunt and uncle :)

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We will celebrate 42 years on November 1. We met in Omaha when Don was 28 and I was 27.
Yes, Don is 70 and David was 69 earlier this month. Life is great!

Your long -term relationship is impressive. We were ages 25 and 26 and lasted until ages 69 and 70, when the older departed this world. I hope you make that 50 - year mark that eluded us! Congratulations to you both! Be happy! :smile: :smile: :smile: Donkey

hungwitz

Expert Member
Media
My partner and I are at 15 years. My best friends are at 28 years. Just thought I would add more data: long term same-sex relationships are more common then people believe.

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was with my first partner for 17 years and will soon celebrate 6 years with my current partner. My partner was also in a previous long term relationship that lasted 17 years.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the tendency these days in relationships is to walk away at the first sign of trouble instead of working through it to come to an even closer relationship with more understanding. Having said that I left my husband but I had the very valid reason of not being able to stand him.

ROTFLMAO

Alessandro Stoller

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My partner and I just celebrated our 29th anniversary together. Over the years there have been risks and rewards to the relationship, but we would not trade it for anything in the world. The building blocks of a good relationship are trust, friendship and confidence that your partner will be there for you. My partner is my one true passion in life and I am blessed every day that we are together.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very true, Princess. Part of that is probably that so many (straight or gay) start out by learning each others' names after the first fuck, then getting married one week later.

I know lots of gay couples who have been together for decades. The first time I met an openly gay man was back in 1974, he met his partner in 1975, and they are still together, and living in Dallas.

If I had gotten the opportunity to meet my partner sooner, we most likely would have been together longer. We met in April 2001, and moved in together in June 2002. I don't see any signs of that changing any time soon...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know a couple who have been together for 35 years. They are a scream. One of them tells the other who is a chain smoker he better not get lung cancer because he will leave his old sick ass! LOL!