Do you know what i say to pro-lifers?

trjnhrs9

Expert Member
Media
How can I, as a mere human being, destroy another human life that God has willed into existence from nothing? I am not an animal without a soul. But rather my purpose, regardless of my station in life on this earth, even from conception, is to be joined with God again at my life's end.

trjnhrs9

Expert Member
Media
And again, and again, and again. If your side can offer up the same rhetoric over and over and over, why can't I do the same?

Your statements are nothing new. Even in ancient times the Romans couldn't understand Jews and their condemnation of abortion. To them it was a practical matter to destroy the child both before and after birth if it didn't fit into their ideology at that moment. In fact, the father had the last say in the matter. If, immediately after the birth, he rejected the child, it was left outside to die. Fortunately, on occasion, the women of the community would find and take the child and raise it themselves within their own families. And who do you think was most often left to die? The female child because the Roman society did not value females the way it did males. Thank God we've come a long way since then, although in some parts of the world this is still practiced with great frequency.

You continue to post as you wish. And I will say nothing more about your posts. But if I continue to post my thoughts, they will continue in the same vein as my first post..... again and again and again.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the Roman society did not value females the way it did males. Thank God we've come a long way since then, although in some parts of the world this is still practiced with great frequency.
aw yes, but who's value of who's bodily functions? Wow, So then, what's all the fuss about then since the collective WE have come along way? Yes, you thank God and keep on thanking him, for everything, and I mean everything. So you are in Favor of a Woman's right to choose then? Cuz God said so?

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
How can I, as a mere human being, destroy another human life that God has willed into existence from nothing? I am not an animal without a soul. But rather my purpose, regardless of my station in life on this earth, even from conception, is to be joined with God again at my life's end.

See thats when it becomes a capital punishment issue as well as an abortion issue. Along with a bunch of other issues. If we're talking life and legislation based off of your one post and the religious connotations that spring from it then any action that would cause the loss of human life should be terminated and abandoned. And it's not like i'm taking it to the extreme or anything. If it's important enough for abortion it should be important enough as a life rule. So then that would mean no capital punishment for any reason, the justification of lethal force with armies would disintegrate and people wouldn't be able to look the other way with regard to poverty. That last being the fuzzy one. Not fuzzy as in fuzzy cause he's a cool guy but fuzzy as in we'd then have to work on the rights of those less fortunate than we are. If taken both locally and globally that is.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

trjnhrs9, this is not an attack, but thoughts I had when reading your post:

I.
Hmmmm, the god thing bothers me: God also 'willed into existence from nothing' congenital deformity, madness, cancer, poisonous and venomous creatures and natural disasters which we call Acts of God (tee-hee). You have a soul, you posit, but the word animal means possessed of an anima (Greek and latin religious term for spirit or soul), so animals, at least etymologically, are possessed of souls. Ever take your dog in for a mismating/misalliance shot that induces abortion? ( I have, as a dog breeder). Maybe you haven't, but it's a service routinely offered by veterinarians. What about their puppy and kitty souls?
II.
'Mere humans' have a long history of destroying human lives 'that God has willed into existence from nothing', to wit, the holocaust, the firebombing of Dresden, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and other such acts so full of reverence for life, extending way back into our history--some of those acts done in the name of your god (and other sundry divinities and prophets).
III.
I honestly and sincerely hope you are joined with God again at your life's end, but where I am at is pretty much what Nikos Kazantzakis had inscribed on his tombstone (he was excommunicated by his church and not allowed to be buried in consecrated ground because of his irreligious and blasphemous/heretical writings):
Δεν ελπίζω τίποτα, δεν φοβάμαι τίποτα, είμαι λεύτερος
I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am free.

I want to live free of your religious conceptions and values and those of others like you.

Off-thread, pero si!--but I just don't share the religious values articulated by 'pro-life' folks, and thank Whomever there's still the national value of separation of church and state.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

From that perspective, you are in a conundrum...

The question is not what you decide for yourself, but rather what you are deciding for your neighbor.

And, since God created all the fish in the sea and animals on the land, then by eating meat and fish, you are also destroying God's creations. If you drive, then the fumes are destroying the planet God has created. How far do you take your interpretation of God's will?

Especially since, it is difficult for us to know God's will. We do not know, for instance, if God wanted to put your neighbor in pain in order to grow stronger and needed a young soul in heaven. Thus, by our interfering, we have dirupted God's will. Or, if it is God's will to create the test for which there is no perfect answer and struggle with the question to improve our compassion.

Just some food for thought.

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Adding to Chryssiphus and KennyF...do you vote for the provision of social services to help indigent mothers or foster parents provide the requisite environmemt for a happy and healthy upbringing for the unaborted child?

Or are you like many who stop caring once the child is born?

I don’t think it would be too hard to figure out what the Christian position should be on this issue. There is no doubt that widows and orphans (foster children) get top billing.

That said, there are far too many people trying to speak for God these days, so I agree with jaap_stam . Let’s just agree on what is best for all kids (life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, equality under the law…) and make some focused effort toward causing it to happen.

Reactions: KennF

rogerg

Cherished Member
Media
Abortion is a living hell, nobody ever wants to have one. It's a degrading, dehumanizing and disgusting procedure for everyone involved.

It's a massive decision to have an abortion and 99.9999% of women approach it with great trepidation, anxiety and heartache.

To introduce excessive legality and red tape into this delicate and mournful process is just backwards thinking.

Of course, we all know that pro-life types only label themselves as pro-life because they feel it signifies and enhances their moral superiority. Coming out against abortions doesn't make anyone more humane or kind... it's bloated narcissism and logical fallacy that leads them to believe that they are morally superior to others. The I am pro-life therefore I am good sort of correlation equals causation is what's at work here.

The answer was always to empower women in society and allow motherhood to be a more certain and predictable affair. The other answer is a better safetynet for poor mothers, longer paid maternal leave, paternal leave... you know baby business like they do in EUROPE. The USA likes to keep it 3rd world for the poor yet state of the art for the rich.

I've never met a woman who had an abortion that didn't have it 100% for economic reasons... they felt that they couldn't afford the baby and had no means of support during the process. Supporting and empowering mothers would have prevented all of those abortions.

And I don't see ONE FUCKING pro-life piece of shit ever come out for empowering mothers. They don't because they are patriarchal authoritarian narcissists.

And once again, you show that have no clue what you are talking about.

Reactions: 10silverdollars

123scotty

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i really wish people would stop bringing god into this. or people speaking on behalf of god or any another religious reterich.just stop and think for your self. stop spouting the same old religious script. what ever your beleifs, you have no right to impose them on others. your beleifs are that yours. intimidating and bullying on behalf of god is poor justification for your actions.

ClintHardBall

Experimental Member
Media
Time to put an end to Planned Parenthood. Which is really a weird name when you think about it... Planned? Parenthood. Most of the people that use Planned Parenthood did not really "Plan" all that well. And Parenthood, that would mean one actually births a child. PP kills babies. Oh and then sells organs on the market. What a great country.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Time to put an end to Planned Parenthood. Which is really a weird name when you think about it... Planned? Parenthood. Most of the people that use Planned Parenthood did not really "Plan" all that well. And Parenthood, that would mean one actually births a child. PP kills babies. Oh and then sells organs on the market. What a great country.
Sir, look up the nearest Planned Parenthood office in your area and learn something about the other services Planned Parenthood provides. Planned Parenthood is a Medicaid funded provider, meaning patients who have Medicaid Health Insurance can go there.
Another good idea is to pay better attention to the real reasons behind all disingenuous media hype portrayed on FOX NEWS

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Which is really a weird name when you think about it... Planned? Parenthood. Most of the people that use Planned Parenthood did not really "Plan" all that well. And Parenthood, that would mean one actually births a child.

Actually, since most of the revenue and procedures/services done by the company are not abortions, the term is fairly accurate. They are helping women decide (plen) their health and parenthood issues. I think the name of the company adequately describes.

Considering that even the False claim that 37% of the revenue, as made back in 2011, wasn't really 37% but rather 13%. And that the number of abortion procedures were only 3% of the total procedures hardly qualifies as "most of the people that use Planned Parenthood".

(http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...a-republican-says-abortions-make-37-percent-/)

PP kills babies. Oh and then sells organs on the market.

This myth has already been de-bunked. A review shows that 'sells' is not actually selling, but donating for research. And 'on the market' isn't the market at all, but rather research facilities and their agents. And the 'sells' isn't for profit, but rather to recoup freight costs.

If you disagree with funding Planned Parenthood on grounds that you don't agree with the 3% procedures, you should be aware that none of that money comes from the federal dollars since the Hyde Amendment, passed back in 1976, is in so many pieces of legislation it is absurd. It has been in every appropriations bill for almost forty years.

ClintHardBall

Experimental Member
Media
You are so wrong it is laughable. I watched the entire video it was completely unedited. No wonder nothing gets done in this country we have people that can see a video in its entirety and still say it was edited. The truth behind PP is now being exposed and rather than demand some accountability we persecute the messenger.

DAMM SHAMEFUL

ClintHardBall

Experimental Member
Media
That was Boobahbah who said the video which was unedited was edited????? Anyhow. Your feelings Kenn are duly noted. So you think its OK for PP to "Donate" in a financial rewarding way the unborn fetal tissue of an aborted baby?? And when I say financially rewarding lets not kid ourselves and think that the massive donations (monetary) received from these companies to PP is not a PAYOFF. Its like saying that political donations from corporations don't come with "strings" attached.

Kenn do you believe in the death penalty for James Holmes? Or the kid in SC?