Do you ladies ever ask guys out?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by modestlyhung, Oct 5, 2009.

1. modestlyhung

modestlyhung New Member

Just as it says above, do you ladies ever ask out men you're interested in? If no, why?

I ask because I recently asked out a girl and she told me she had a boyfriend. That's fine. Can't win them all. But I was surprised at how upset I was after. I wasn't crying or anything like that but I found my hands shaking (which I was trying to hide) and it bothered me for the rest of the day.

I thought you women should know how monumentally terrifying it can be for men to ask you out. I have far more confidence in doing it them most guys I know (only because I've done it many times before, the first time is the worst). But even still, it's difficult.

Feel free to comment

2. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Yes. I'm not shy and have no issues asking a man out or for whatever else I may want from him. ;)

If being the aggressor makes you nervous, leave the old-fashioned chicks behind and upgrade to women who know what they want and aren't afraid to go after it... we're out there.

3. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Practice makes perfect. Do anything stressful a lot - interviewing for a job, public speaking, asking women out - and it ceases to be stressful.

On topic - nearly all my good relationships were ones where I was asked out, or "chosen" by the woman. So I am all in favour of being the askee as opposed to the asker.

4. B_Dustydo

B_Dustydo New Member

Nope.
    Call me an old fashioned girl but I don't chase men.
    Period.

5. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, not a fair question for me to answer since I'm married. But when I was single it never bothered me to ask a guy out if I was interested.

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's my experience as well. I've never been inclined to waste my efforts anyplace they wouldn't be appreciated.

Besides...heavenly bodies are drawn to the Sun, not the other way 'round. :wink:.

7. MissPretty

MissPretty New Member

No...in the past I would ask guys out if I wanted to see them. No big deal...i'm not shy at all but most of them time it was the guys that asked. I asked my current boyfriend out ( although we had known each other for a while ). Almost three years later...i'm glad I asked. You never know.

8. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

when I was single I was asked out a time or two by women.

9. CockinPussyLover

CockinPussyLover New Member

Yep, I ask guys out all the time.

10. dolfette

Gold Member

i'm just not interested enough to make the first move.
    i might find a guy interesting enough after a few dates,
    but by then we're already dating, obviously.

11. D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat Account Disabled

It doesn't bother me one bit, knowing how many times a guy can get burned in his life by asking a woman out.

12. Sassy

Sassy Member

I'm not shy. If I really like someone I'll ask them. So far, the guys I've been interested in have asked me out first.

Yes, I'll make the first moves when I'm in an amorous mood, too. :wink:

13. Aplus

Aplus New Member

Well I can certainly understand your reaction afterwards. Your never quite gonna know, how your gonna react after it. Now them having a boyfriend usually softens the blow for me, since it seems like less of a rejection to me.

Unless your an extremely confident or cocky person, or simply looking to get laid at all costs, I think most men especially will have some uncomfortable moments before or after it.

It's interesting that I've had two women ask me out in my life, and both did it through another person. I used to think women didn't get nervous or somehow feel uncomfortable asking guys out, but now I'm not so sure. Unfortunately I never asked the two that asked me out about it.

14. ConstantComment

ConstantComment New Member

Yeah, I have. It seems that the first time you do it with a guy, it can turn out nicely. It never goes anywhere, though. So I gues, if I were looking for a LT relationship, it's never worth even asking a guy out once.

Maybe someone can give me some tips on how to change my batting average here, so to speak.

Draft saved Draft deleted