Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is so much socializing pressure to tell you that we should all want to have a partner. For a while I fell into that trap when I was younger but I have been exceedingly comfortable and happy that I am single for the past decade at least. I have guys I have my affection and sex needs met with, but I simply cannot imagine living with anyone, much less sharing a bed ( something I haven't done in maybe 18 years. Are any of you hung dudes also comfortable being single?

Last edited:

splitface

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am a strictly no relationship (monogamous) kinda guy, unless the other party is very special in some way or another. I hate the feeling of being restricted and tied down; this carries onto my most personal life: I cannot wear clothes during sex or sleep, nothing at all, I wear at most a pair of loose pajama bottoms around the house (but ONLY when i have to answer the door or step outside), and I only sleep under a single, fleece blanket, even in the dead of winter.

But: How can you have sex without sharing your bed? But I agree that I could not have anyone living with me ever. That would just... change me.

Good idea for a thread!

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Been single my whole life basically and I'm comfortable with that. I don't like the expectation put upon a person to find someone to be with. I don't see it as a natural progression in life. It's for some and not for others. Not to say it's not for me, it just hasn't happened yet and I'm fine with that.

Capitolhillguy

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You can have sex on a bed without sleeping together. People have sex on beds at bathhouses all the time without spending the night together. A lot of my partners have been married and couldn't stay the night if I wanted them to.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Been single my whole life basically and I'm comfortable with that. I don't like the expectation put upon a person to find someone to be with. I don't see it as a natural progression in life. It's for some and not for others. Not to say it's not for me, it just hasn't happened yet and I'm fine with that.

My GAWD, man, you're only 22. Who knows what will happen?

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are aspects of both that are good and bad.
The affection is convinent when you are with someone.
But the freedom when you are not is a feeling I cannot even describe.

Lets just say I rather be single at the moment.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Nothing better than having girl next to you in bed. Also, I like to travel and having random hookups is not nearly as fun as being able to share an adventure with someone you love.

Do you make sacrifices, yes, but so does she, but in the end I think it is worth it.

Besides that means there are two of you to spit the chores... :)

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I would love to have a relationship, but on the other side I'm happy with being single. I just like doing things to do when I want it and how I want it.
But yeah, a relationship...would be nice... could help me to loose things :rolleyes:

B_Enough_for_Me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I absolutely love being single. I have no desire whatsoever to get into a relationship.

The flip side is that there is so much pressure to get into a relationship. All of my female friends have nothing to discuss but why I'm not in a relationship; of course the female world is much more relationship centered. I've found that being perpetually single puts me on the outs with many of my married friends, and its harder to make friends with an individual if they are married; especially if its a female. Boys are jealous you know.

Despite all the trappings it is both financially and emotionally beneficial to stay single. Too many people depend on having somebody there for support, this hindering their own development. The average man that gets married in his 20's is taking a step down in financial status when they get married; meaning they decrease their living standard to be in a relationship.

For me, single is the ONLY way to live.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I absolutely love being single. I have no desire whatsoever to get into a relationship.

The flip side is that there is so much pressure to get into a relationship. All of my female friends have nothing to discuss but why I'm not in a relationship; of course the female world is much more relationship centered. I've found that being perpetually single puts me on the outs with many of my married friends, and its harder to make friends with an individual if they are married; especially if its a female. Boys are jealous you know.

Despite all the trappings it is both financially and emotionally beneficial to stay single. Too many people depend on having somebody there for support, this hindering their own development. The average man that gets married in his 20's is taking a step down in financial status when they get married; meaning they decrease their living standard to be in a relationship.

For me, single is the ONLY way to live.
Why would you be stepping down? Two people to share the rent. Double the deduction on your taxes. Married people get better insurance rates. When you travel on tours it is double occupancy, so would you rather share with a stranger?

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This is a difficult one for me. I absolutely love having someone that I share my life with. Someone to call when I'm excited about something good happening, or there for me when things aren't so rosey.

However, I wonder sometimes if I'm dependant or needy? As mentioned in another thread, my girlfriend left me about a month ago. I still miss her very much and can't go to sleep much at night.

Maybe it's time that I learn to be alone for a while. Although, if there are any snugglers out there???....lol

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a blast being single...now I am very happily in a relationship...I never fell for the trap of people intimating that if you were not in a relationship than something must be wrong with you. For me it was very simple...I happen to like my own company and I was very picky. I always said I would rather be alone than in the wrong relationship.

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When I come out of a relationship I prefer being simngle for a while....

its good to get back to you!!

After a while I get fed up with it and want to be with someone...but it would have to be the right person!! I'm not one to compromise on that!!

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do and I don't. I like being able to do what I want, when I want.

Also I need to start makin babies soon cos I'm gettin on a bit. Course there's lots of other things I need to do too and I think if I wasn't single I'd be distracted from other things.

The other thing is, I don't often find a girl I like (maybe I'm picky). And when I do they're either 'players' or have two kids and a boyfriend...and then I have to say "bye".

Probably by the end of the year I'll be ready to stop being single.

Last edited: