Do you like competing for sex?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use the word sex loosely. If you like someone, but you know other people are interested in him/her also, do you like the challenge of competing for their attention?

I'm thinking situations like someone you know in real life, someone at a bar/club/party, or someone online.

I've never liked a woman enough to want to throw myself in the ring and "win" her affection if there were other men pursuing her. It's only if I know she isn't interested in these other men that I would pursue her. If she is spending time entertaining other guys, then I figure she must be happy with that. Maybe I'm too nice to other men by not competing with them. :confused:

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
I use the word sex loosely. If you like someone, but you know other people are interested in him/her also, do you like the challenge of competing for their attention?

I'm thinking situations like someone you know in real life, someone at a bar/club/party, or someone online.

I've never liked a woman enough to want to throw myself in the ring and "win" her affection if there were other men pursuing her. It's only if I know she isn't interested in these other men that I would pursue her. If she is spending time entertaining other guys, then I figure she must be happy with that. Maybe I'm too nice to other men by not competing with them. :confused:

I think the same thing... If she is going to like me, then she'll like me-for-me. Not for what can be done to win her affection from someone else. So that'd be a no from me, I don't like competition:wink:

StateofMind

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the same thing... If she is going to like me, then she'll like me-for-me. Not for what can be done to win her affection from someone else. So that'd be a no from me, I don't like competition:wink:

This. I don't know that I would be able to trust her much if I had to work so hard just to be with her.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm also thinking of the situation where someone is seeing someone else but it may not be serious. Would you still go after this person (compete for them) or just shy away and not get involved? Like you might be afraid the other guy (or girl) will get mad if you pursue their dating partner.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No I will not.
It's one of my all time Hates.
I won't have my affections and emotions trifled with.
The second I feel that a man is pitting me against another woman for his attentions is the second I walk away.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no... i want the girl to want me.. i shouldnt have to WIN sex with her.. its not fun that way anyway, then its just sex, id rather know the girl wants ME and then have sex with her\
it sure it funny to sit back and watch though, a bunch of idiots with no game, no chicks even intrested i them, they are usually the creeps that go above and beyond and makes fools of themselves,

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, I don't have a competitive bone in my body. I never have, not even as a child. It still annoys the crap out of my mom. :rolleyes:

I think I understand what you mean. Some women like to do what I call "hold court." I am not one of those women. Men do not flock to me like bees to honey. I think that if you see a woman who interests you, you should go for it. Why wait until the crowd clears? What if it doesn't?

hold court: to be the center of attention among friends or admirers.

No I will not.
It's one of my all time Hates.
I won't have my affections and emotions trifled with.
The second I feel that a man is pitting me against another woman for his attentions is the second I walk away.
I'm with you DF20! :cool:

thereisalight

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Competing for sex -- hated it years ago even when I was an immature punk. Now that I'm older and have experienced a few heartaches, I can definitely say competing for sex is out of the question. Never will I let a person hold their 'sex' over me.

NightFish

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it's just sex, it would depend on how much of a douche bag the other guy is, but typically no, if there's that many men paying attention to one women, there's one there not getting any and I bet she is the real prize of the night.

Dan the man

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't say I like competing. However, I remember a particular girl who liked me and I liked her after we'd been flirting with each other and having a laugh together where she worked. I invited her out and she said she would meet me later on in the evening. She did indeed come to where we agreed to meet, but there was someone else there who knew her and who fancied her, and who was trying for her attention. It was at that point I felt a little competitive and started getting worried that her attention would be divided. Fortunately she wasn't interested in him. Once you've actually established or at least shown a mutual like for each other, I think THEN it stirs a bit of competitiveness.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes, and the only girl I have lost competing was when I had 11 years old... that I remember :) she wasn't pretty anyways.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes, and the only girl I have lost competing was when I had 11 years old... that I remember :) she wasn't pretty anyways.
Finally, a guy that says yes!

I would think there would be more confident, big cock guys around here that would go after what they want and not worry about getting in other guys' ways.

Dan the man

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Finally, a guy that says yes!

I would think there would be more confident, big cock guys around here that would go after what they want and not worry about getting in other guys' ways.

Haning a big cock makes no difference. In a lot of cases, men just don't want the pain of rejection.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think people are thinking that by competing I mean getting into a fight or something. It could be dressing nicely when you go out, thinking that you will look better than other guys. Or exercising to be in better shape compared to other guys. Just the whole idea that our sex drive makes us competitive. Do you reject your sex drive or embrace it and go after what you like?

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Like rico27 said, I might be competitive in other ways (work, athletics, board games, ...), but never for sex or love.

If somebody wants potential partners to "compete" against each other, then I will have no part of that power trip. I would much rather lovers choose me for what I can bring to their lives - and what they can bring to mine. I want them to choose me for me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can be competitive but when it comes to sex or getting the attention of another, I am not going to compete for it...either you are interested or you're not.
Same here. :eek: Who would be crazy enough to not show interest in you? :confused:

Having a big cock makes no difference. In a lot of cases, men just don't want the pain of rejection.
I can understand that. Why do you think most women never ask a man out. :wink: