Do you like competing for sex?

MTHgasm

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i don't mind competing. I'm in a situation where this girl has shown interest in me but she always hangs around this guy so i haven't approached her because i don't know how to address the fact that the guy is with her. Should i just ignore him or try to make conversation with both of them especially because if there's a connection i'm going to ask for her number on the spot? I mean it's possible if they are going on if they are going out that she wants me on the side or i guess she could be fucking with me...though i haven't seen them be intimate with each other... This all is in a campus setting.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i don't mind competing. I'm in a situation where this girl has shown interest in me but she always hangs around this guy so i haven't approached her because i don't know how to address the fact that the guy is with her. Should i just ignore him or try to make conversation with both of them especially because if there's a connection i'm going to ask for her number on the spot? I mean it's possible if they are going on if they are going out that she wants me on the side or i guess she could be fucking with me...though i haven't seen them be intimate with each other... This all is in a campus setting.
Yes, this is the sort of subtle situation that comes up often. The girl is friendly with another guy (or a few guys) and you don't know what the proper etiquette is. Should you just act like the other guys are just friends or what? Or the girl is actually dating a guy but it may not be serious and she is waiting for someone better to come along. Maybe you are who she is waiting for, so you should go after her.

In your case MTHgasm, I'd ask her if she and the other guy are dating and if it's serious. (It doesn't seem to be.) By asking it shows that you are interested and if she says she is just friends or it's not serious, then you can ask for her number and go out sometime.

MTHgasm

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, this is the sort of subtle situation that comes up often. The girl is friendly with another guy (or a few guys) and you don't know what the proper etiquette is. Should you just act like the other guys are just friends or what? Or the girl is actually dating a guy but it may not be serious and she is waiting for someone better to come along. Maybe you are who she is waiting for, so you should go after her.

In your case MTHgasm, I'd ask her if she and the other guy are dating and if it's serious. (It doesn't seem to be.) By asking it shows that you are interested and if she says she is just friends or it's not serious, then you can ask for her number and go out sometime.

thank you

competing to me isnt trying to be with her every sec of every day it's just making sure she knows your interested.

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
I use the word sex loosely. If you like someone, but you know other people are interested in him/her also, do you like the challenge of competing for their attention?

I'm thinking situations like someone you know in real life, someone at a bar/club/party, or someone online.

I've never liked a woman enough to want to throw myself in the ring and "win" her affection if there were other men pursuing her. It's only if I know she isn't interested in these other men that I would pursue her. If she is spending time entertaining other guys, then I figure she must be happy with that. Maybe I'm too nice to other men by not competing with them. :confused:

i agree. i like sex. competing for sex is just a hassle.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
no, i don't like comepeting for sex. i'm over playing all those stupid types of games. i do like a challenge, however, i'm not going to waste time throwing my hat in the ring with other competitors just to win someone over.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All this sounds like bullshit to me. Most of you are saying you want to be chosen for who you are without competing. Guess what? Every time you present yourself you're competing.
That's what I'm saying too!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
All this sounds like bullshit to me. Most of you are saying you want to be chosen for who you are without competing. Guess what? Every time you present yourself you're competing.
I agree. You're competing with her or his ex's a well. It's just nice when you get chosen without even trying though.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

Ah - but there is active competing and passive competing - I haven't but skimmed the majority of the posts - but I think most people will say they do not enjoy the feeling of 'jumping through hoops' to try to impress someone, i.e. actively competing - and I'd agree with that.

I can't help but process what someone says about their exs, about other people they are attracted to and there is a passive competition there. But I think it is totally fair to say that if a guy were to tell me "so-and-so gives better handjobs than you, better up your game or I'll be taking her out, not you" then that guy would find himself sitting outside my front door with his clothing being thrown out the back window...

As for the more mild 'flirting at a party to get someone's attention' type active competing - no - I don't let myself do that. I'm myself and I won't let myself make a tit of me over the chance at cock or pussy - maybe when I was 15 or 16 - though I don't recall it - but not as an adult. Nuh-uh :no:

thickmick

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No I will not.
It's one of my all time Hates.
I won't have my affections and emotions trifled with.
The second I feel that a man is pitting me against another woman for his attentions is the second I walk away.

of the subject i know but you have fantastic tits and ass dragon fly :biggrin1:
i normally wouldnt try to hard to win over a girl no but if she had your
body then maybe lmao