Do you like the rain?

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most people get bummed out when it rains but I love it. It's been raining pretty much nonstop here for like 2 days and yeah that's a bit much but I don't mind. It sorta makes everything peaceful outside cuz there's not as many people out, and tomorrow the air will probably be really clear and then in spring it gets more green if there was a lot of rain!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Funny you should mention this - I was having a conversation about this very thing with a friend just the other night. He was describing an acquaintance who took it as a personal affront when it rained. That boggles my mind. How can you not love the rain?? OK - there are some types of rain that are less lovable than others - especially when you have things to do and getting wet is not convenient. But generally speaking rain is just such a beautiful thing. It cleans everything and makes anything green smell amazing for a start. And I love standing in my doorway listening to the rain - I live in a fairly quiet place anyway but there is something transcendant about the way rain dulls all other noise.
I have been rained on in many different places and have always been interested to note how different the rain is depending on where you are. Even just in different parts of Europe. From the big, warm rain of the Greek Islands to the soft insidious rain in the Dublin mountains there is an almost infinite variety. I have to say, of all the places in the world I have been rained on Paris in Summer was my absolute favourite - if I could have got away with stripping off as I ran around in it I would have.
I have yet to experience monsoon - I'm sure it becomes a drag after a while - but I still think I rather experience it than not.

red7.5

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Back in May 2006 we received nearly 28.5 inches of rain in five weeks here just south of Boston. It rained every day but 2 in that five week period. In one 36 hour period it rained over 9 inches. My basement flooded terribly and it cost me over $10000 to deal with that nightmare. Since then I feel a sense of dread whenever it rains for more than a few hours. I could never live in Pacific Northwest.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Actually, yeah, I love the rain!

BUT, people are terrible at driving in this city when it rains. So it's kind of scary. But I try to avoid going out when it's raining and just stay inside and enjoy the sound.

Then again, I'm going to go out shopping right now... probably not a great idea, but it's a Saturday. :rolleyes:

belgaboyz

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love it when it rains at the end of a hot summer day or when there is a storm and some lightning cumming.
I like the smell of my garden just after it stopped raining, it's more intense.

Other then that, rain isn't a classic cars driver best friend

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Most people get bummed out when it rains but I love it. It's been raining pretty much nonstop here for like 2 days and yeah that's a bit much but I don't mind. It sorta makes everything peaceful outside cuz there's not as many people out, and tomorrow the air will probably be really clear and then in spring it gets more green if there was a lot of rain!

I think we must be kindred souls. I have always liked a cloudy sky and prefer clouds and precipitation of any kind to sun.

I think it might have something to do with my eyes being overly sensitive to light -- I tend to have problems with bright indoor lights as well as sunlight.

Anyway, whenever a rainy or cloudy day comes, my mood always lifts. I feel happy and energized by it, even though most people around me feel kind of glum. I would much rather run errands, etc. when it's raining or snowing than when it's sunny.

Fortunately for me, there seem to be many more cloudy days here in Toronto than there were in Denver (although that's not the reason I moved here, it is a nice side benefit.) :wink:

guyface

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I might like the rain, if it didn't rain here ALL THE TIME. We get 200+ days a year of precipitation. The surrounding mountains trap the clouds in and it can rain for weeks. Also, there are times where I don't see the sun for weeks. Just dark gray clouds covering the entire sky.
Plus it's cold as balls here now.

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i used to love playing football in the rain, and it is relaxing listening to it or watching it. as viking said, if it's cold and windy, it's no fun :(

sneakyd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love the rain , wish it would rain for a month , as we are in the middle of a very serious drought . We have Level 6 water restrictions at the moment , can't use a hose outside , wash your car etc , local councils are helping to pay for people to install rain water tanks . Over the Christmas /New Year break we have had the best rain in years & everyone is hoping this is the start of more good rain over our Summer period . Fingers crossed .

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love a torrential summer rain where the ground is still warm when it hits, I hate cold winter rain unless I'm all snug inside with a drink and the knowledge that I don't have to go out in it.

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah I think like a lot of people said it's not so nice when you have to be outside and it's cold too. I live in California and it really only rains in winter when it's sorta cold but not too bad. I def. like it more when I get to cozy up inside :smile: But spring here is sooo green if there was a lot of rain.